You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Man City - the new bitters?

Naz17

• 2 weeks later...
10 minutes ago, No2 said:

"While the superleague proposals continue to attract widespread criticism, those involved in the negotiations insist part of the rationale behind them was to cool rampant spending that has imperiled the futures of some of the elite clubs as they seek to keep up with teams backed by wealthy benefactors, particularly those controlled by the Gulf nation states.

Documents reviewed by The Times showed each team would have had to submit detailed financial information to financial auditors, as well as agree to rules forbidding owners from artificially inflating teams’ balance sheets. Penalties for breaches included a suspension or ban from the competition, as well as millions of dollars in fines."

Wonder why they were the first to pull out, I really do...

We really need to get our shit together from the start of next season. While I won't hold my breath over the PL docking them points, there's no time-limit on their supposed breeches (like UEFA's 5-year limit).

The Everton/City love-in continues at a pace on twitter. At least three of my Evertonian mates waxing lyricial about just how "incredible" this City team is. I mean they may think that, but tweeting it publicly just says to me that it's solely an attempt to wind us up. 

40 minutes ago, Total Longo said:

The Everton/City love-in continues at a pace on twitter. At least three of my Evertonian mates waxing lyricial about just how "incredible" this City team is. I mean they may think that, but tweeting it publicly just says to me that it's solely an attempt to wind us up. 

Incredible that Man City win all the domestic trophies and Everton might end up going 30 years without one. 

Just now, Doctor Troy said:

Incredible that Man City win all the domestic trophies and Everton might end up going 30 years without one. 

A lot of them are fine with that. It's years upon years of just wanting us to fail. Hence why they love City. 

Everton as a fan base stand for absolutely nothing, well apart from hatred of us. They'll sing to anyone's tune providing it's against us. If sucking each others cocks got at us in any way they'd all be gobbling for fun.

Utter garbage season topped off with this lot taking major advantage of firstly, cheating FFP sanctions and secondly no fans, no attrition in a condensed season and almost a full squad of first teamers.

The only solace I can take is if they win it it will be in front of nobody.

• Downvote 1

Fuck them. They're the equivalent to the kid in school who was good at computer games but then you realised he'd hacked the game and was cheating. Everything they 'win' is tainted,

How much did it cost them to get this far? Half a billion?? Fuck em. 

41 minutes ago, Pete said:

Fuck them. They're the equivalent to the kid in school who was good at computer games but then you realised he'd hacked the game and was cheating. Everything they 'win' is tainted,

How much did it cost them to get this far? Half a billion?? Fuck em. 

I think you can easily double that and add another 70%off the books. But its definitely down to a sustainable business plan.

17 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

What a bitch, UEFA announces 4000 of the cunts will be allowed tickets for the final in Istanbul. Same for the winner of chelsea v Real.

They'll still be advertising them on the radio 20 minutes before kickoff.

• Upvote 1