You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Man City - the new bitters?

Naz17

10 hours ago, Soft Joe said:

I thought that. Just saw the results on the news. It said they’re 17 points clear I think. Just turned the telly off before Match of the Day started as I’m not remotely interested in watching it. I wonder if many other people feel like that? I know I’m slightly biased but it just renders the league dull as fuck and meaningless if these cunts are back to monotonously winning every week. I hope people switch off in droves.

I think large parts of this country will be delighted because it's not us. This country is full of hypocritical cunts who see the value in LFC (and those other cunts from Salford for that matter) when we bring hundreds of millions to the league via TV rights and they want it filtered down the rest of the PL and the overall pyramid. Share your wealth, support our communities, level the playing field. Then a bunch of cunts who rule their country like it's the 1400s or something, with no democratic rights and an abhorrent human rights record, buy a club, cheat their way to the top and they're all fucking made up because it stops us. And if it's Everton I can kind of understand it. But it's not just them, it's people up and down the country who support no mark clubs who are just jealous but for some reason can let jealousy slide for these cunts. 

• Upvote 4

5 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

I think large parts of this country will be delighted because it's not us. This country is full of hypocritical cunts who see the value in LFC (and those other cunts from Salford for that matter) when we bring hundreds of millions to the league via TV rights and they want it filtered down the rest of the PL and the overall pyramid. Share your wealth, support our communities, level the playing field. Then a bunch of cunts who rule their country like it's the 1400s or something, with no democratic rights and an abhorrent human rights record, buy a club, cheat their way to the top and they're all fucking made up because it stops us. And if it's Everton I can kind of understand it. But it's not just them, it's people up and down the country who support no mark clubs who are just jealous but for some reason can let jealousy slide for these cunts. 

That’s because tribalism is easier to get their block heads around than geopolitics.  

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Soft Joe said:

I thought that. Just saw the results on the news. It said they’re 17 points clear I think. Just turned the telly off before Match of the Day started as I’m not remotely interested in watching it. I wonder if many other people feel like that? I know I’m slightly biased but it just renders the league dull as fuck and meaningless if these cunts are back to monotonously winning every week. I hope people switch off in droves.

Did that happen last year?

Plenty of Liverpool fans want city to win the title rather than United or even the likes of Chelsea or spurs. Our tribalism steps in before whats good for the sport too. City winning is such a non event it effects nobody emotionally what they do except maybe united fans. Throw in VAR and removing in the moment celebrations of goals, apathy towards stupid decisions and ridiculous competition changes eventually nobody will be arsed about football. 

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, Aventus said:

Quiet this thread these days, before today the last post was 19th Feb. 

Bunch of cunts are irrelevant when they aren't in direct competition 

Probably more to do with how shite we’ve been to be fair mate. All our focus has been in-house.

30 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

Plenty of Liverpool fans want city to win the title rather than United or even the likes of Chelsea or spurs. Our tribalism steps in before whats good for the sport too. City winning is such a non event it effects nobody emotionally what they do except maybe united fans. Throw in VAR and removing in the moment celebrations of goals, apathy towards stupid decisions and ridiculous competition changes eventually nobody will be arsed about football. 

As I said before, I could understand Everton wanting anyone to win before us. I want anyone to win before man united - mainly because I don't want them ahead of us in title counts and I want us to catch and overtake them. But aside from that, nothing would make me happier than a complete shit show and collapse at city. I hold no value to their title wins, which is maybe unfair on their players, but as a club they're cheats and their owners run a horrible country. Nobody can think it's ultimately good for our game having clubs like this - yet sadly through hatred many do. 

• Upvote 1

I try to rationalise away City's trophies on the grounds that anything they win is meaningless because of a decade and more of cheating. My problem then,though, is that this doesn't appear to be the attitude of the mainstream sports media who continue to fawn all over Guardiola and give the club an easy ride. They don't seem to be at all concerned that, if you take Liverpool out of the equation, City have finished 19,26,15 and currently 17 points ahead of their next nearest rival over the past four years. THis position of dominance and near monopoly on domestic trophies has been bult on years of financial doping and outright cheating - and hardly anybody out there seems to give a toss. Staggering.

• Upvote 7

2 hours ago, DaveT said:

I try to rationalise away City's trophies on the grounds that anything they win is meaningless because of a decade and more of cheating. My problem then,though, is that this doesn't appear to be the attitude of the mainstream sports media who continue to fawn all over Guardiola and give the club an easy ride. They don't seem to be at all concerned that, if you take Liverpool out of the equation, City have finished 19,26,15 and currently 17 points ahead of their next nearest rival over the past four years. THis position of dominance and near monopoly on domestic trophies has been bult on years of financial doping and outright cheating - and hardly anybody out there seems to give a toss. Staggering.

It's because they're all reliant on maintaining the myth of the best product . If people stop and think about what you've posted, perhaps they just switch off. 

2 hours ago, DaveT said:

Probably because the rest of the country are happy we aren't winning. Even Man Utd seem to have meekly accepted their place as the shit team of Manchester. 

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, DaveT said:

The media will start calling them out when Man Utd start properly challenging them and I don’t mean Ole’s “we won’t let them run away it” challenge that he putting up at the minute 

Then you can be sure the likes of KFC’ groupie  Martin Samuel will start saying how unfair it is on plucky Man Utd and how bad it is for the English game 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Stickman said:

The media will start calling them out when Man Utd start properly challenging them and I don’t mean Ole’s “we won’t let them run away it” challenge that he putting up at the minute 

Then you can be sure the likes of KFC’ groupie  Martin Samuel will start saying how unfair it is on plucky Man Utd and how bad it is for the English game 

I don't think Samuel will say much, isn't his son employed by city? I'm sure there will be others that might though

• Upvote 1

They have a 1st team squad of 22 players plus a few kids. Those 22 players (including Foden and Garcia who were free) cost €916m. 

Our 22 cost €538. 

Under Klopp we have been doing outrageously well to be competing and beating them in the 2 big trophies over the past 3 seasons 

• 3 weeks later...
On 14/03/2021 at 15:16, Doctor Troy said:

Probably because the rest of the country are happy we aren't winning. Even Man Utd seem to have meekly accepted their place as the shit team of Manchester. 

I was astounded at the levels of this the last few years. A united sporting work colleague said that he'd rather finish outside the top 4 if that meant we didn't win anything in 19. As bitter bloo a comment a you'll hear in the brick. City won't be criticised as they've their hacks in the media well sorted but if their dominance continues and the "brand" of the league is damaged by being boring, it'll be interesting to see what the league's hierarchy does then. 

2 minutes ago, niallers said:

I was astounded at the levels of this the last few years. A united sporting work colleague said that he'd rather finish outside the top 4 if that meant we didn't win anything in 19. As bitter bloo a comment a you'll hear in the brick. City won't be criticised as they've their hacks in the media well sorted but if their dominance continues and the "brand" of the league is damaged by being boring, it'll be interesting to see what the league's hierarchy does then. 

I don’t understand what’s so difficult to understand, we’re on 19 the other twats 20 so it’s not rockets science. I felt the same way when Chelsea were stopping them winning 15, 16,17 etc. I’d rather the plastic clubs win 10 on the bounce it means nothing. The only real rivalry in English football is us and the Mancs everything else is WWE.

• Upvote 1

On 14/03/2021 at 23:32, Razoray said:

They have a 1st team squad of 22 players plus a few kids. Those 22 players (including Foden and Garcia who were free) cost €916m. 

Our 22 cost €538. 

Under Klopp we have been doing outrageously well to be competing and beating them in the 2 big trophies over the past 3 seasons 

€916 officially.

Fuck knows how much more has been squandered on unofficial payments, donations to ‘foundations’, official board memberships of false companies, consultation through shell companies etc.

It was in the leaks that they conducted business this way.

They’re a modern day frankenteam and literally not a tear will be shed when they plummet back to where they belong. It’ll be a ‘remember when city were owned by despots trying desperately to sportswash their abhorrent behaviour to non citizens in their country and their secret little conflicts and dodgy allegiances. Mad wasn’t it?’ 

• 3 weeks later...

More top bantz from the saviours of football

www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/56842621

Barry Bennell: Convicted paedophile could give evidence on behalf of Man City

Convicted paedophile Barry Bennell could give evidence as a witness in Manchester City's defence against a civil claim brought by eight men sexually abused by the former coach.

Bennell is serving a 34-year jail term for abusing boys between 1979 and 1991 while at Crewe and Manchester City.

The claimants' barrister James Counsell QC said it was an "extraordinary decision" for City's lawyers to call Bennell as a witness.

There is a City fan on twitter who was really clued into the FFP stuff, he's a lawyer I believe and he's tweeting tonight that he's concerned they're in the shit with the PL. The investigation launched at the same time as UEFA just disappeared into thin air with no mention of it even after the CAS stuff. He reckons the court document below can only be about PL FFP. Bad timing for them seeing as 18 teams in the league hate them. 

https://mobile.twitter.com/slbsn/status/1385246215886057475

On 22/04/2021 at 22:01, No2 said:

There is a City fan on twitter who was really clued into the FFP stuff, he's a lawyer I believe and he's tweeting tonight that he's concerned they're in the shit with the PL. The investigation launched at the same time as UEFA just disappeared into thin air with no mention of it even after the CAS stuff. He reckons the court document below can only be about PL FFP. Bad timing for them seeing as 18 teams in the league hate them. 

https://mobile.twitter.com/slbsn/status/1385246215886057475

Thing is 18 teams don't hate them - sadly.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, an tha said:

Thing is 18 teams don't hate them - sadly.

9 clubs wrote to CAS asking to them to throw the book at them. The rest weren't asked but if  there was something in it for them they would have signed it too. It's simple really, Liverpool or Utd winning brings in more cash for West Ham or Burnley than City winning.

1 hour ago, Barrington Womble said:

Surely it's in the interests of every club in the PL to fuck this lot? It's in everyone's interest for them to not be able to buy titles and position in Europe. 

And hoover up all the cups using their squad until at least the semi-final.