You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Man City - the new bitters?

Naz17

19 minutes ago, Pete said:

This. Where I live it’s either Red Mancs or Blue that most people support. 
The blue half have been far worse for the last 10 years than the red. Not just cheap jibes that I’ve been used to from reds but really nasty vile stuff.  They really are scum. 

When they were in the 2nd division along with Macc Town, the City fans totally trashed several pubs and acted Billy Big Bollocks all day.  They day they beat Gillingham in the playoffs was a dark day for English top flight football we just didn’t know it then. 

Yeah it really was a dark day for the game. Unfortunately they are here to stay like Chelsea now though. 

I mean they weren't on my radar bar maybe for a few years when I was young and they had some fine players. Still it's not like Revie's Leeds with Bremner and Giles where it really felt like a gigantic rivalry. 

It always makes me laugh how a previously huge and proud club like Everton can allow themselves to be Man City's mistress - a fanbase that engages in all the Scouse jibes. The younger Blueshite can't even recognise how patronising these new rich wankers are towards them.

I see us winning another league (maybe two) while Jurgen is here, but these fuckers could be drawing level with us and United in about twenty or twenty five years, because the FA or UEFA won't have the bottle to do the right thing.

Their fans genuinely think they're the underdogs aswell, sticking it to the man and breaking up the cartel or whatever the fuck they call it. 

Somehow teams like us and united had a monopoly on the game for decades and we're only pissed off because somebody else is involved now. Conveniently forgetting we were shit for the majority of the last 30 years and before that we were successful because of our succession of great managers who starting from Shanks were all involved with the club for years before stepping up, organic growth. 

And united were shite before their complete anomaly of a once in a generation manager dragged them up and stuck with them, and since he left look at them. 

They also use littlewoods as a dig at us saying we bought the titles, like there's any comparison between a rich family investing in their local team and a literal country buying a club and spending billions.

They look for any slight similarity to justify what they're doing. We get lucky with some managers and have a successful stint, that means it's OK for them to force their way in by buying the title. we had some investment over half a century ago, they can throw an infinite amount of money at it until they win. We're sponsored by a bank that's rumoured to launder money, that's the same as their ownership overseeing murders and slavery. 

Its disgusting, and nothing will be done about it until its too late. I can only hope that we end up being part of that top group when it does settle. Not because I particularly want it but it'll still be better than being on the outside looking in while growing bitter about us not winning anything again because of all the oil clubs mopping up the trophies. 

13 hours ago, Manny said:

Top to bottom whataboutery. Imagine the lack of self-respect that when someone writes something vaguely negative about your clubs ownership you throw yourself on the grenade and defend a bunch of hyper-rich cunts who don't give a fuck whether you live or die, all because their trinkets of footballers bring success that you associate with and which makes you feel better about yourself.

Absolute bootlickers.

Tbf this could apply to a few on here too. 

I'm good friends with a few of City fans but these lads were there at Maine Road; not the spoilt bastard United and Chelsea fans who've latched on.

Out of them, only one is on a permanent wind up over us but it's still not the vile abuse their fan base has become accustomed to. Just general jibes about results and the suchlike. But they're always humble and enjoyed the 18/19 season as no one was getting near to them, we reintroduced the fear factor to them after they walked the league the year before.

It was shit that we lost out but they were saying that we'd either walk the league the following year or it would be close with us pipping them. When we won the league I got a few texts off most of them to say well done, worthy champions etc. This small percentage actually want us to knock United off the top and hold the same viewpoint as me that they would be happy to share the title with us throughout this decade.

I don't think the old school City fans are a major problem, it tends to be the younger fans like the Bloos and the presence of social media/the internet. Everyone has the propensity to be a total cunt when hiding behind a screen. I had an unpleasant experience with a United twat at Preston train station in December 2006 (after the 2-0 against Watford) with the usual murders, you killed your own fans bullshit and making throat slitting gestures, out of the corner of my eye two big fuckers appeared and ragged this little twat off the train, gave him a quick jab and shoved him back on his train to Carlisle. Turns out they were City fans and stuck around for a bit for a natter. The jist I got was that they weren't fans of us but as they hate United that much they always want us to hammer them.

16 hours ago, Manny said:

Top to bottom whataboutery. Imagine the lack of self-respect that when someone writes something vaguely negative about your clubs ownership you throw yourself on the grenade and defend a bunch of hyper-rich cunts who don't give a fuck whether you live or die, all because their trinkets of footballers bring success that you associate with and which makes you feel better about yourself.

Absolute bootlickers.

To be honest, you could say pretty much the same about our fans who defend their Hedgefund overlords from Boston. 

• Upvote 2

Aye don’t disagree that we’ve got some who’ll defend our ownership as well. I don’t think it’s such a high proportion mind (most likely due to our owners’ lack of largesse) and also, crucially, it’s just sad that this impassioned defence of an autocratic regime is precisely the reason said autocratic regime bought a football club, and by drawing swords like this en masse they’re validating the whole stinking plan.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Manny said:

Aye don’t disagree that we’ve got some who’ll defend our ownership as well. I don’t think it’s such a high proportion mind (most likely due to our owners’ lack of largesse) and also, crucially, it’s just sad that this impassioned defence of an autocratic regime is precisely the reason said autocratic regime bought a football club, and by drawing swords like this en masse they’re validating the whole stinking plan.

I certainly think there is a sizeable group of LFC fans who would gladly swap owners if offered.

Probably stating the obvious here, but if we’re not winning it, I’d still rather City added to their asterisked list of titles than Manchester United.

I might dislike United, but they’re an actual football club with a history who we share a real rivalry with. Their success would hurt much more and I don’t want them adding to their titles (not that they were ever going to this season).

I reckon most others on here feel the same, and probably most United fans (their city rivals, FFS) which says a lot about the City ‘project’ and how it’s viewed by real football fans. 

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, El Rojo said:

Probably stating the obvious here, but if we’re not winning it, I’d still rather City added to their asterisked list of titles than Manchester United.

I might dislike United, but they’re an actual football club with a history who we share a real rivalry with. Their success would hurt much more and I don’t want them adding to their titles (not that they were ever going to this season).

I reckon most others on here feel the same, and probably most United fans (their city rivals, FFS) which says a lot about the City ‘project’ and how it’s viewed by real football fans. 

I doubt anyone on here would think different. Anything City win is irrelevant just like they were until they won the oil lottery. I suspect a lot of their older fans aren't even that arsed. 

Im just amazed so many crapped their knickers at the thought that gimp had the wherewithal and have the stars align for him to take united to their first title in 8 years. Never thought it was going to happen.

Not being clever after the event. Pretty clear to me either city would start to rack up the wins, they have, or, we'd start piling on the points, we didnt.

2 hours ago, Ronnie Whelan said:

I think next season could be a title race like 2018/2019 between us and them.

As of now, we will start it with a better eleven, but they have a much stronger squad. Hopefully, a good summer with a few very cheap players who are prospects (with a high resale value) coming in and we can address that. 

Fixed that for you Ronnie

• 3 weeks later...
1 minute ago, Herp McDerp said:

Eh they're no better than they were last year. Given a favourable draw they're certainly capable of winning it but I'd still say Bayern are favourites at the moment.

They're not conceding this year, their players aren't shitting themselves because of the training ground football in sterile stadiums with no fans to make them bottle it, it's between them and Bayern, and I'm reverse mockering. Think I'll put my mortgage on them to win it, that should help.

6 minutes ago, TheBitch said:

They're not conceding this year, their players aren't shitting themselves because of the training ground football in sterile stadiums with no fans to make them bottle it, it's between them and Bayern, and I'm reverse mockering. Think I'll put my mortgage on them to win it, that should help.

Whatever helps I suppose. Personally I'll only be bricking it if Chelsea make it into the semis. It's funny watching Pep lose his mind with is CL obsession but even if they were to win it it would barely register, wouldnt lose any sleep over it. Chelsea on the other hand can get to fuck.

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1

8 hours ago, deiseach said:

200+ comments in on this article (at the time of writing) and not one of their apologistsfans has realised what a sick burn this image is:

2559.jpg?width=620&quality=85&auto=forma

Why is Pep sat in a caravan with Ex-Prince Harry, and Piers Morgan wandering around the field outside disguised as a cow?

I thought that. Just saw the results on the news. It said they’re 17 points clear I think. Just turned the telly off before Match of the Day started as I’m not remotely interested in watching it. I wonder if many other people feel like that? I know I’m slightly biased but it just renders the league dull as fuck and meaningless if these cunts are back to monotonously winning every week. I hope people switch off in droves.

44 minutes ago, Soft Joe said:

I thought that. Just saw the results on the news. It said they’re 17 points clear I think. Just turned the telly off before Match of the Day started as I’m not remotely interested in watching it. I wonder if many other people feel like that? I know I’m slightly biased but it just renders the league dull as fuck and meaningless if these cunts are back to monotonously winning every week. I hope people switch off in droves.

And to think that we are hated when we are the only team to take these cheats on and beat them. They'd be on their way to 4 titles in a row now if it wasn't for Jürgen and the lads. 

• Upvote 1