You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Man City - the new bitters?

Naz17

1 minute ago, Baltar said:

Still think these fucks are going to be the closest challengers for the title. Seems a bit odd that they've been written off by so many. 

Given their ridiculous squad and typical good luck with injuries, I think they’re probably joint favourites. They look much more solid than last season and I don’t think the impact of Guardiola's new contract should be underestimated. Putting that uncertainty behind them is a huge boost.

39 minutes ago, Baltar said:

Still think these fucks are going to be the closest challengers for the title. Seems a bit odd that they've been written off by so many. 

They are our only challengers, but we will finish around 10 points ahead of them. 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, magicrat said:

I think they will both be up there but call me a complete idiot for thinking Utd will finish above City.  

I wouldnt call you an idiot. You're entitled to your opinion. I just think city are a far more serious rival to us than united will ever be with that cretinous gimp in charge. I do however think the claim united are more of a threat than city is crazy.

1 minute ago, dockers_strike said:

I wouldnt call you an idiot. You're entitled to your opinion. I just think city are a far more serious rival to us than united will ever be with that cretinous gimp in charge. I do however think the claim united are more of a threat than city is crazy.

Opinions eh.  I don't care that much as long as we finish top 

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

The love in for these cunts is embarrassing. They’re such a shit club, their essence is that they’re “at least” it’s not someone else. No one gives a flying fuck about them and the love in for their squad is equally weird. They’ve got a good collection of defenders but I don’t buy for one second that they’ve better players than us when we’ve a fully fit squad.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Vincent Vega said:

State of the replies.

Top to bottom whataboutery. Imagine the lack of self-respect that when someone writes something vaguely negative about your clubs ownership you throw yourself on the grenade and defend a bunch of hyper-rich cunts who don't give a fuck whether you live or die, all because their trinkets of footballers bring success that you associate with and which makes you feel better about yourself.

Absolute bootlickers.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, LFC 6 Times said:

The love in for these cunts is embarrassing. They’re such a shit club, their essence is that they’re “at least” it’s not someone else. No one gives a flying fuck about them and the love in for their squad is equally weird. They’ve got a good collection of defenders but I don’t buy for one second that they’ve better players than us when we’ve a fully fit squad.

A sound Manc I know years invited me to United-Chelsea at the end of the 18/19 season. Two clubs I hate but thought fuck it might be a good game and I've only ever been in the away end there. 

Ended up in the stadium watching the end of the Burnley-City game which was on before the United Chelsea game. The place went ballistic when City scored. I looked fucking miserable and had to do my best not to open my gob.  

I thought to myself it's exactly like what you're saying. United fans happy they beat us to the league and equally this year many reds happy they beat United.

Personally I despise them. I think they are a massive threat to the game in a way in which no other club has been. With the red Mancs, there has been 60 years of intense rivalry and I can admit plenty of nasty stuff from our fans directed at them. To me they are far worse for nastiness but the reality is we are peas in a pod. These fuckers arrive about ten years ago and are already cultivating a nasty rivalry with us. Their coach gets a few bottles thrown at it and their fans and players think it's fair game to sing about a decent man like Sean Cox. I looked at Bluemoon a few times last year and it was probably the nastiness forum I've seen. Horrible bastards.

I'm looking forward to having a fit squad and going at them next season and bringing home number 20.

• Upvote 2

On 26/12/2020 at 22:23, Code said:

They are our only challengers, but we will finish around 10 points ahead of them. 

This didn't age well.

On 27/12/2020 at 12:43, magicrat said:

I think they will both be up there but call me a complete idiot for thinking Utd will finish above City.  

You're a complete idiot!

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Ronnie Whelan said:

A sound Manc I know years invited me to United-Chelsea at the end of the 18/19 season. Two clubs I hate but thought fuck it might be a good game and I've only ever been in the away end there. 

Ended up in the stadium watching the end of the Burnley-City game which was on before the United Chelsea game. The place went ballistic when City scored. I looked fucking miserable and had to do my best not to open my gob.  

I thought to myself it's exactly like what you're saying. United fans happy they beat us to the league and equally this year many reds happy they beat United.

Personally I despise them. I think they are a massive threat to the game in a way in which no other club has been. With the red Mancs, there has been 60 years of intense rivalry and I can admit plenty of nasty stuff from our fans directed at them. To me they are far worse for nastiness but the reality is we are peas in a pod. These fuckers arrive about ten years ago and are already cultivating a nasty rivalry with us. Their coach gets a few bottles thrown at it and their fans and players think it's fair game to sing about a decent man like Sean Cox. I looked at Bluemoon a few times last year and it was probably the nastiness forum I've seen. Horrible bastards.

I'm looking forward to having a fit squad and going at them next season and bringing home number 20.

This. Where I live it’s either Red Mancs or Blue that most people support. 
The blue half have been far worse for the last 10 years than the red. Not just cheap jibes that I’ve been used to from reds but really nasty vile stuff.  They really are scum. 

When they were in the 2nd division along with Macc Town, the City fans totally trashed several pubs and acted Billy Big Bollocks all day.  They day they beat Gillingham in the playoffs was a dark day for English top flight football we just didn’t know it then.