You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Man City - the new bitters?

Naz17

if they are as fucked financially as they say, it could all go horribly for him, he’s never had to build a side up with limited resources. They still have some great players and he is a top coach so you think he would be able get some sort of tune out of them but it’s a very different job to what he has taken on before.

• 3 weeks later...

Was just about to post about this. 

He’s clearly the best choice for them, and unless he’s just on a mission to go to every country and manage the richest team to the title (PSG?) then there’s no obvious place for him to go either. Barcelona looks like a thankless job, although maybe this news will buy Koeman some time. 

6 minutes ago, Vincent Vega said:

I think he’s looked bored by it all the last 12 months, I’m not arsed about him staying. 

Thats all a facade. He's acted as if he's not interested because we've overtaken his side as the best in the country. Behind the scenes he'll be raging. 

• Upvote 1

I reckon the Messi thing is a big part of it but I also think he’s looking around and thinking where does he go after this.  If he can’t win the champions league with infinite money then moving somewhere else isn’t going to be any easier.

I imagine they’ve also offered him silly money.  A champions league victory with Messi in the team and him managing will give them some sort of legacy to bring in new fans and actually create a bigger long term fan base or at least that’s what they will be aiming for.