You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Man City - the new bitters?

Naz17

4 hours ago, TheDrowningMan said:

I'd argue their 2018-19 title win is by some distance Guardiola's greatest achievement in football. It’s the one time a side of his has been pushed all the way unexpectedly and prevailed over the course of a season.

And yet it was only a terrible decision by Anthony Taylor of Greater Manchester that separated us from them in the final analysis. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Barrington Womble said:

Part of their problem as a team is they believe the shite they spout. They think it's all.luck the universe is against them because they're incapable of contemplating it's because they're not that good any more. 

Yeah, what shits me most is that it's more entitlement than delusion (which would be perhaps mildly pitiable).  It's as if they and only they play football the way it should be played.  

If the truth be known, I find their obsessive, ornate, over-possessive footballing festoonery to be dispassionate, soulless and fucking tedious.

The trouble is, because so many sides in the past have taken to the pitch as glorified witches hats against them, it has perpetuated City's conviction that their game style is ex cathedra.

Guardiola and tiki-taka can get to fuck, where they belong.

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, skaro said:

Yeah, what shits me most is that it's more entitlement than delusion (which would be perhaps mildly pitiable).  It's as if they and only they play football the way it should be played.  

If the truth be known, I find their obsessive, ornate, over-possessive footballing festoonery to be dispassionate, soulless and fucking tedious.

The trouble is, because so many sides in the past have taken to the pitch as glorified witches hats against them, it has perpetuated City's conviction that their game style is ex cathedra.

Guardiola and tiki-taka can get to fuck, where they belong.

Bang on mate. It's pretty much like they've forgotten the game is about goals before anything and goals are the only stat that matter. And the arrogance isn't just with peanut head and his players, it's above him too and the arrogant cunts who own them. And as a fan base they're such a bunch of fucking no marks, their fans have bought it now too, as they believe this is the only version of good that exists. And I love they're apparently all going mental tonight on social.media because they thought mane should have been sent off. 

• Like 1

Reminds me a little of Arsenal fans when Wenger had his peak Arsenal teams. They thought themselevs the moral guardians of football and watching them get fucked by Bolton and Stoke when by all the fans,Wenger opinion they should have just rolled over and let themselves get passed off the field. It was all the more amusing that they gladly ignored they had some right dirty cunts in the side themsleves.

The Cup final of 01 showed everything, they dominated the game,but only got one scruffy goal and then thought we should have just given up until Owen bureied them late on

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Aventus said:

Can't laugh too much, they all said the same about us and Klopp after the Atletico game. 

That's fair enough

I don't like how Athletico play, it's not the defensive football but the whole shithousery they emoy. But at the end of the day they did what they needed to do and capitalised on Adrian mistake

On 28/09/2020 at 14:11, TheDrowningMan said:

I'd argue their 2018-19 title win is by some distance Guardiola's greatest achievement in football. It’s the one time a side of his has been pushed all the way unexpectedly and prevailed over the course of a season.

Real Madrid pushed them very hard a few times.

In 2010 Barca finished with 99 to Madrid’s 96.

In 2011 Barca finished with 96 to Madrid’s 90. 

Mourinho toppled him in 2012 & then he cried off.

1 hour ago, Leyton388 said:

another expensive defender who will prove to be shite. 

Have to say I don't know anything about Benfica but the people who do don't seem to think Dias is a 60m player. Wouldn't be at all surprised to see him play about 2 seasons as City's 3rd choice CB before a 20m move to Valencia or Wolves or something.

Was listening to the radio today and some pundits we saying that at some point the money surely has to stop for Pepe and he actually has to start coaching the players he has and improve them rather than just throwing koneh at it. 

I think some people are finally starting to see him for what he is. A cheque book manager. 

10 minutes ago, TheDrowningMan said:

It’s hilarious to think that they decided Van Dijk’s price tag was too high. Assuming he’d have gone there, they would have saved over £100m this window alone, have just won a fourth consecutive league title and fuck knows what else had they not dicked around on that deal.

I could be wrong but I think they pulled out as Virg has zero interest in signing for them. Just trying to save face on amazon prime.

7 hours ago, Reckoner said:

They’re going to need a new stadium sponsorship deal at this rate

Apparently its a variable sponsorship deal. It is all linked to the overpriced defender index! The more overpriced and shit they are the more they get in sponsorship. 

Looks like this will be  a bumper year for them.

9 hours ago, skaro said:

Finally?

It's not like he popped up from Newport County just a couple of seasons ago.

I don't wish to put words in Leytons mouth but I believe what he is saying is people in the media are finally mentioning the fact he just spends money as opposed to be the greatest coach of all time with no context whatsoever.