You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Man City - the new bitters?

Naz17

16 minutes ago, Aventus said:

Just seen some of Peps press conference, he looks like somebody needs to give him a welfare check, don't know whether he's just in a bad mood or he's given up but he doesn't look up for this season at all. 

Contrast that with Klopps presser where he's got the media pissing themselves.

In fairness to the guy didnt he lose his mum to Covid a few months ago? He's a pretty intense dude by all accounts and maybe his head is a bit all over the place since. 

• Upvote 6

1 minute ago, SlugTrail said:

The rate they buy full backs i think they are still trying to replace Danny Mills.

I don't know how good guadiola is at spotting players, his success stories tend to be the type of players any teenager with a copy of Fifa could spot, but I don't think I've ever seen him unearth any unheard of real gems where I've thoght fucking hell, where did he come from?

2 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

I don't know how good guadiola is at spotting players, his success stories tend to be the type of players any teenager with a copy of Fifa could spot, but I don't think I've ever seen him unearth any unheard of real gems where I've thoght fucking hell, where did he come from?

Yeah his whole career has been about buying established stars. I honestly believe when he leaves there will be very little drop off in results, instead of winning most games 5 or 6 nil the might win by 2 or 3 nil. With the players they have most semi competent managers should be able.to keep them competitive.

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Arnaud said:

They re getting the guy from Benfica, right ?

Yep, but the best bit of business they are doing this summer is offloading Ottamendie. Not an improvement as such but will have to go a log way to find someone who will fuck things up as much as that guy. Let's all pray that Dias is that guy.

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, Code said:

Hahaha like I said earlier in the summer. Buying Ake would not really solve any of City’s problems.

Aguero would get his usual injuries and they have lost D.Silva. City are a worse team now than they were last season.

Nobody who could replace Aguero or Silva would have any interest in playing for them. It will be diminishing returns from Fernandinho from now on too. 

28 minutes ago, El Rojo said:

Nobody who could replace Aguero or Silva would have any interest in playing for them. It will be diminishing returns from Fernandinho from now on too. 

Yes he will have turned 36 when the season ends. His performance will drop, he will get a bit slower and he will not be getting away with his fouls like he has used to because of it.