You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Man City - the new bitters?

Naz17

Poor Bernardo can’t let it go....I’m assuming this is is his cutting edge follow up to yesterday’s damming put down, and I think it’s meant to the funny due to the crying face emoji’s (which I can’t post)

@BernardoCSilva

I guess reading a book was a bit too much for you... maybe just go for a brew

On 16/08/2020 at 11:47, Butch said:

Him and macca need to get they're shit together, thought macca was going to cry over this result. Would have been nice to have Keane on, he tells it as it is. 

In one. I’m sick of our ex players doing everything they can to go the opposite way of praising us and championing our rivals. No other clubs ex players do it yet ours are terrified of sticking up for us cos of some tit having a go at them on Twitter.

Just say what you see what’s happening in the pitch and stick to it.  Carra knocks me sick the way he goes overboard praising de Bruyne and keeps mentioning Eden fucking hazard. Don’t get me started on them rushing to say it’s never a penalty for us when it comes to our players getting hacked yet say nothing with Utd’s constant cheating or Sterling, vardy and Harry Kane throwing themselves all over the place to get a pen.

• Upvote 3

29 minutes ago, Stickman said:

Poor Bernardo can’t let it go....I’m assuming this is is his cutting edge follow up to yesterday’s damming put down, and I think it’s meant to the funny due to the crying face emoji’s (which I can’t post)

@BernardoCSilva

I guess reading a book was a bit too much for you... maybe just go for a brew

Might be because I told him to fuck off back to Portugal? Or was it Spain?

9 hours ago, Red74 said:

In one. I’m sick of our ex players doing everything they can to go the opposite way of praising us and championing our rivals. No other clubs ex players do it yet ours are terrified of sticking up for us cos of some tit having a go at them on Twitter.

Just say what you see what’s happening in the pitch and stick to it.  Carra knocks me sick the way he goes overboard praising de Bruyne and keeps mentioning Eden fucking hazard. Don’t get me started on them rushing to say it’s never a penalty for us when it comes to our players getting hacked yet say nothing with Utd’s constant cheating or Sterling, vardy and Harry Kane throwing themselves all over the place to get a pen.

It could be because they are not dirty cheating foreigners but are honest English heroes who never dive but are clever.

• Upvote 2

It was incredible watching that Man U game the other night with their young lad basically doing a Rivaldo 2002 any time someone came within touching distance, and the commentators just completely ignoring it every single time, whilst also clutching their pearls at any examples of play acting from the other team.

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

What’s the odds now they’re out it would have had an asterisk anyway?

With hindsight our exit from the CL has been no bad thing. It's allowed us time to enjoy the Manc clubs hit the buffers in competitions which were a massive ant-climax anyway whilst the club prepared for next season.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, magicrat said:

With hindsight our exit from the CL has been no bad thing. It's allowed us time to enjoy the Manc clubs hit the buffers in competitions which were a massive ant-climax anyway whilst the club prepared for next season.

Add to that the fact that the season is already going to be pretty congested because it's starting late but they are aiming to finish at the usual time, the mancs will have to start even later to squeeze a shortened break in. 

Looks like we'll be the only team in the top 4 to have had a half decent pre season. 

It's extremely important that we hit the ground running, our early season form must have shattered their hopes of catching us, same again and we'll have ourselves a big gap by Christmas and then a free run at it the season after while Pep's replacement tries to rebuild. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Aventus said:

Add to that the fact that the season is already going to be pretty congested because it's starting late but they are aiming to finish at the usual time, the mancs will have to start even later to squeeze a shortened break in. 

Looks like we'll be the only team in the top 4 to have had a half decent pre season. 

It's extremely important that we hit the ground running, our early season form must have shattered their hopes of catching us, same again and we'll have ourselves a big gap by Christmas and then a free run at it the season after while Pep's replacement tries to rebuild. 

There's no 'winter' break in the PL this coming season either.

12 hours ago, Red74 said:

Pundits in general are shite now. Keane's good because he talks about the stuff he knows about, i.e desire, commitment etc and he questions that of others, he doesn't pretend to have insights he doesn't really have. Carragher comes across as someone who's constantly worried about being found out so has to constantly try and provide insights on stuff he doesn't really know much about, as you say, his insights on upcoming playing talent probably amounts to talking about the likes of Hazard or Messi, his grasp of tactics is somewhat wanting too. I dunno why they hired him, someone thought it'd be funny to forge some kind of odd couple with Gary Neville (who's also a dunce), but it's shite.

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, Red74 said:

And yet the likes of Micah Richards and Shaun Goater never even try to hide how biased they are 

24 minutes ago, No2 said:

I think there is, I seen the fixture dates and it had match day 18a and 18b, same as last year.

i think as of last week they haven't decided as they need confirmation about all other games (cups, internationals & europe). so i imagine they have created and 18a and an 18b, but that can easily become an 18. 

Well to be perfectly honest, in my humble opinion, of course without offending anyone who thinks differently from my point of view, but also by looking into this matter in a different perspective and without being condemning of one's view's and by trying to make it objectified, and by considering each and every one's valid opinion, I honestly believe that I completely forgot what I was going to say.. Cith are shite. 

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, magicrat said:

I don't think we would have won it anyway. The 4 teams remaining have both been greatly advantaged by the decisions on how to handle Covid in their respective countries. Bayern and Leipzig restarting the earliest gave them a nice break before the Champions League restarted and Lyon and PSG could come in completely fresh with Ligue 1 being cancelled. Think that worked greatly in their favour compared to Spanish/English/Italian sides.

23 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

I don't think we would have won it anyway. The 4 teams remaining have both been greatly advantaged by the decisions on how to handle Covid in their respective countries. Bayern and Leipzig restarting the earliest gave them a nice break before the Champions League restarted and Lyon and PSG could come in completely fresh with Ligue 1 being cancelled. Think that worked greatly in their favour compared to Spanish/English/Italian sides.

I'm not sure I agree. Lyon and PSG were playing friendlies which is essentially what City have been doing and the Spanish 2 have been doing for the last 3 matches of their season. Juve are the only side with a legitimate case here. 

31 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

The game PSG had v Atalanta was their 2nd competitive game in 5 months, not sure how that can be deemed an advantage, the fact that Germany finished their League off, getting the players match fit before the Champs League kicked off would have given them an advantage over the French teams as their League ceased in March. We would have had that advantage over the French teams too. 

37 minutes ago, liverpoolsno9 said:

The game PSG had v Atalanta was their 2nd competitive game in 5 months, not sure how that can be deemed an advantage, the fact that Germany finished their League off, getting the players match fit before the Champs League kicked off would have given them an advantage over the French teams as their League ceased in March. We would have had that advantage over the French teams too. 

PSG played the French Cup and League Cup finals before the Atalanta game, plus friendlies.

The 4 teams that advanced all had the most average days between matches out of all the remaining teams when the Champions League restarted. Probably not a coincidence. They all had time to recharge their batteries, while the English, Spanish and Italian teams all had to rush to finish their leagues with a shit load of games in a short time period.