You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Man City - the new bitters?

Naz17

6 minutes ago, Jairzinho said:

I hope Real Madrid spend the next month or so tapping up De Bruyne.

The cheats owners will just find a way to pay him an extra couple of hundred grand a week somewhere.....thats why unlike every other top PL club down the years they have never lost one of their star players like that.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, El Rojo said:

When you look at the national budget-levels of cash they spend on players, does this not make all that even worse? All considered, I don’t think history will judge the Guardiola era too kindly (League Cup domination aside). 

Yeah I agree with you. The amount of money they’ve spent on shit full backs is obscene, and they only have one good one. 

2 hours ago, No2 said:

His body language in the big CL games is shocking. He was literally on his knees grabbing grass. Is the idea not supposed to be that the at the very top the best people stay ice cool? You could picture him having nervous breakdown in the training the day before the game over a missed pass. That has to translate on to the team. They have world class players that shit the bed every year, Monaco, 2018 Liverpool, Spurs and Lyon are 4 sides they were significantly better than and lost. Doesn't matter though because they hate that competition anyway.

There owners don’t tho.

22 minutes ago, an tha said:

The cheats owners will just find a way to pay him an extra couple of hundred grand a week somewhere.....thats why unlike every other top PL club down the years they have never lost one of their star players like that.

Nail on head. No one ever comes in for their top players because they all know they are on that much money they would never be able to top it. They defo get paid double whammy off the books to keep them happy. That press conference after the cup final last year where he got all shirty when the journo asked him about off the book payments that mancini had tells you everything you need to know. They are rotten to the core.

• Upvote 2

Im quite happy they got beat. Didnt watch the game as Ive been giving the hookey feeds some hammer with these CL games and dont want a strike against me by BT. Like most, I expected them to win. I only checked the score after about 63 minutes and saw they were 1 down. Got back to surfing the net and checked about 10 to 10 when I thought the game was either over and in extra time. Saw they were 3-1 down in the 93rd minute! Woo hoo!

The sour note for me though was seeing Carragher's reaction on what would have been city's equaliser if sterling hadnt shit the bed in front of an open goal. Carragher's actually leaping in the air to celebrate the 'goal' for fuck's sake. I dont care if he's doing it for show or he's now bezzie mates with that Micah Richards.

Fuck that shit, Jamie. Those same cunts you were about to celebrate that goal were singing about being 'victims' to it all' 12 months ago. He's fucking gone down in my estimation, has Carragher after that shit show. About as low as fucking whale shit.

• Upvote 6

8 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

Im quite happy they got beat. Didnt watch the game as Ive been giving the hookey feeds some hammer with these CL games and dont want a strike against me by BT. Like most, I expected them to win. I only checked the score after about 63 minutes and saw they were 1 down. Got back to surfing the net and checked about 10 to 10 when I thought the game was either over and in extra time. Saw they were 3-1 down in the 93rd minute! Woo hoo!

The sour note for me though was seeing Carragher's reaction on what would have been city's equaliser if sterling hadnt shit the bed in front of an open goal. Carragher's actually leaping in the air to celebrate the 'goal' for fuck's sake. I dont care if he's doing it for show or he's now bezzie mates with that Micah Richards.

Fuck that shit, Jamie. Those same cunts you were about to celebrate that goal were singing about being 'victims' to it all' 12 months ago. He's fucking gone down in my estimation, has Carragher after that shit show. About as low as fucking whale shit.

Yeah didn’t like that he’s turning into another Steve mcmanaman

15 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

Him and macca need to get they're shit together, thought macca was going to cry over this result. Would have been nice to have Keane on, he tells it as it is. 

15 minutes ago, Chocoholic said:

They're all on board the 'we support our British teams in Europe' train, regardless what channel they're on.

Yes, agree and it's got worse in recent years and is clearly orchestrated.

I dont have a problem with ex players of the club being televised celebrating goals on tv in a studio. I dont expect former Liverpool players who are pundits in the same studio to be gushing over and celebrating goals by these other teams especially where said teams have been absolute cunts in Liverpool's faces. But that's just me.

2 hours ago, El Rojo said:

When you look at the national budget-levels of cash they spend on players

1 hour ago, aRdja said:

The amount of money they’ve spent on shit full backs is obscene

"I am not able, with these guys, to break this line at the quarter-final."

Pep Guardiola

That miss by Sterling kinda sums him up for me.  Undoubtedly a very talented player, he looks great scoring loads of goals against opponents who are already mentally whipped.  Put in that high pressure situation last night and his lack of top level composure was cruelly exposed.

If that was Watford or some shite like that and City were already winning he would have tapped that in without looking at it, left foot or right.  But at a time when he could have scored one of the most important goals of his career he bottled it.

As Irvine Welsh would say "the shitein cunt".

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, Moo said:

I don't mind Macmanaman, he doesn't really pretend he's Liverpool through and through, unlike Carragher.

I think Carragher remains a genuine fan, but I think his punditry is self-consciously moderated, in a way that, say, Gary Neville's is not. Beyond remaining composed when they score / concede Neville doesn’t really attempt to hide or neutralise his support for the club and comes off as more genuine and insightful as a result.