You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Man City - the new bitters?

Naz17

7 hours ago, 3 Stacks said:

Small club gonna small club. Can't even win the junior Champions League that's currently going on, never mind the big boy tournament. Pep should be sacked if the Sheikh has balls. Absolute stacked team and he's won the Carabao cup. Pffff

What's for sure if he managed Barca or Madrid with what's gone on this season he'd be sacked. Sarri has just been sacked for winning the league and not the CL. Considering how the deck is loaded in their favour, what a failure losing your domestic league by 18 points and getting knocked out of the CL by a mid table french side is. 

Lionel Messi and a Bayern side so good that he couldn’t fail with them domestically vastly inflated Guardiola’s reputation. 

Oil money further covered over the flaws in his approach - again domestically.

Hardly a coincidence at this stage that his sides can’t live with the elite sides in a way that those of Jürgen, Rafa and Mourinho have often against the odds over the years. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Pete said:

Reckon he’ll go back to Barca or stick it out with the Rich Stockport County? 

Stay at Citeh. Barca is to much work for him at the moment.

Once his contract expires at Citeh this time next year, I reckon he’ll challenge himself with the extremely difficult job with the underdogs of the Italian league....Juventus. 

His body language in the big CL games is shocking. He was literally on his knees grabbing grass. Is the idea not supposed to be that the at the very top the best people stay ice cool? You could picture him having nervous breakdown in the training the day before the game over a missed pass. That has to translate on to the team. They have world class players that shit the bed every year, Monaco, 2018 Liverpool, Spurs and Lyon are 4 sides they were significantly better than and lost. Doesn't matter though because they hate that competition anyway.

6 minutes ago, No2 said:

His body language in the big CL games is shocking. He was literally on his knees grabbing grass. Is the idea not supposed to be that the at the very top the best people stay ice cool? You could picture him having nervous breakdown in the training the day before the game over a missed pass. That has to translate on to the team. They have world class players that shit the bed every year, Monaco, 2018 Liverpool, Spurs and Lyon are 4 sides they were significantly better than and lost. Doesn't matter though because they hate that competition anyway.

They shit the bed in the league this year. It's one thing hitting 100 points when you flat track bully the league, but it's what you do under pressure that counts. We matched them last season and as soon as we came out of the traps this year winning every game, they shit themselves. And back to your point about his body language, his basil fawlty act when they played us at anfield was a joy, but it must make his players think he's a fucking tit. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, The Gaul said:

They shit the bed in the league this year. It's one thing hitting 100 points when you flat track bully the league, but it's what you do under pressure that counts. We matched them last season and as soon as we came out of the traps this year winning every game, they shit themselves. And back to your point about his body language, his basil fawlty act when they played us at anfield was a joy, but it must make his players think he's a fucking tit. 

I don’t agree that they ‘shat the bed’ because of pressure. They simply were not good enough. Their defence without Kompany and Laporte is terrible. Walker is a decent RB but their LB options were a joke. Mendy is good going forward but can not defend. Zinchenko isn’t a LB, and Rodri hasn’t really hit the ground running. 

16 minutes ago, The Gaul said:

• Upvote 5

5 minutes ago, aRdja said:

I don’t agree that they ‘shat the bed’ because of pressure. They simply were not good enough. Their defence without Kompany and Laporte is terrible. Walker is a decent RB but their LB options were a joke. Mendy is good going forward but can not defend. Zinchenko isn’t a LB, and Rodri hasn’t really hit the ground running. 

When you look at the national budget-levels of cash they spend on players, does this not make all that even worse? All considered, I don’t think history will judge the Guardiola era too kindly (League Cup domination aside). 

• Upvote 1

Sterling's miss and the Ederson error which led to Lyons third has got to be the funniest minute of football I've ever seen. I was in hysterics.

Obviously it doesn't beat Pickford/Origi but comes pretty close, which was a stand alone moment.

• Upvote 6

Total overreaction to beating a mediocre Real Madrid side (courtesy of two gifts) and they fall flat on their faces against their next opponents.

Total overreaction to beating a hungover Liverpool team and they fall flat on their faces against their next opponents.

The lack all sense of perspective and humility. See also De Bruyne's remarks after the game...

• Upvote 2

39 minutes ago, aRdja said:

Their defence was shite with laporte. Kompany played very few games the previous seasons. Their full backs were the same. Except they got 198 points in 2 seasons. They 100% shit the bed because they're flat track bullies. It's why they look the best team in the league 3 weeks out of 4 smashing everyone, then as soon as someone shows some back bone they shit themselves. The only other thing I would say, is they're also arrogant cunts who think they're too good to have to defend. 

16 minutes ago, Josef Svejk said:

Total overreaction to beating a mediocre Real Madrid side (courtesy of two gifts) and they fall flat on their faces against their next opponents.

Total overreaction to beating a hungover Liverpool team and they fall flat on their faces against their next opponents.

The lack all sense of perspective and humility. See also De Bruyne's remarks after the game...

We weren't that flat.  Poor finishing and the usual crap officiating cost us that game.

48 minutes ago, Elite said:

Sterling's miss and the Ederson error which led to Lyons third has got to be the funniest minute of football I've ever seen. I was in hysterics.

Obviously it doesn't beat Pickford/Origi but comes pretty close, which was a stand alone moment.

I've just watched the highlights on YouTube and you can see the enormity of Sterling's miss hitting him straight away.  And with no other player near him he can't even scream for a dubious penalty, which he normally would even with minimal contact.

And Ederson's howler so quickly after if rubs glorious salt into self inflicted wounds. 

Funniest football action segment of the year for me.  Certainly brightened up a miserable cunt of a Sunday morning !

• Upvote 1

"The statistics show we were good"

The statistics show your team scored one goal and Lyon scored three goals. That's the only statistic that matters, here, you self-justifying gobshite.

Possession: 72% and what did you do with it?

Shots/on target: 18/7 v 7/6. You could have had 8, but hey-ho.

Corners: 11 v 3 

With regard to de Bruyne's 'different year, same stuff' comment after the game, I prefer to think of it as him accepting their reality... 'we're just shit in the Champion's League every year'