You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Man City - the new bitters?

Naz17

City are still under massive pressure. Bluto is right, the established European elite will do all they can to protect the status they’ve earned over 50 years. City are fuck all without the wealth of their owners and will fall back to fuck all if they ever pull out.

I do wonder what Abu Dhabi think they’re getting out of their City ownership. If it was meant to show Abu Dhabi in a good light, they seem to be failing. If it was meant to win them respect, it seems to be having the opposite effect. The world of football has a pretty low opinion of them and wishes they would fuck off. The same goes for Abramovich and Chelsea.

• Upvote 1

All of you talking about City being under pressure or wondering what CAS will do - what are you on about?

City got away with it because the statute of limitations had run out on their offenses. UEFA's argument was that even though there was a 5-year limit on charging them, the fact that the evidence hadn't come to light until 2 years ago meant that they could still be punished. CAS ruled that according to UEFA's own rules, this wasn't true.

It's over. They got away with it. The fact that emails are being leaked now that show that they did violate the rules is beside the point.

I expect UEFA to re-write their rulebook, saying that if additional evidence comes to light after the original limit has expired, they can still charge clubs with violations (which is what the rule should have been all along, obviously). But there is zero chance that City will still be sanctioned for what they did.

8 hours ago, Vincent Vega said:

City are still under massive pressure. Bluto is right, the established European elite will do all they can to protect the status they’ve earned over 50 years. City are fuck all without the wealth of their owners and will fall back to fuck all if they ever pull out.

I do wonder what Abu Dhabi think they’re getting out of their City ownership. If it was meant to show Abu Dhabi in a good light, they seem to be failing. If it was meant to win them respect, it seems to be having the opposite effect. The world of football has a pretty low opinion of them and wishes they would fuck off. The same goes for Abramovich and Chelsea.

Yep can’t see the point of it for the owners either. Unless it’s to just boast within their own region. No one else gives a fuck.

9 hours ago, The Gaul said:

Have they fucked stones off? 

Stones and Jones eh?  Seems like yesterday that Stones was the new Bobby Moore and Phil Jones, after a,couple of decent games was the new Duncan Edwards, with Ingurland's defence sorted for the next 10 years. 

Ake a nice player to watch, but not sure he can defend which is a bit of a drawback

45 minutes ago, JagSquared said:

Yep can’t see the point of it for the owners either. Unless it’s to just boast within their own region. No one else gives a fuck.

I think it’s easy to forget the amount of fawning over suave Pap’s City team playing attacking football and doing things the right way when they were briefly unchallenged at the top. Seldom a hint of bad publicity from the mainstream.

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, Anubis said:

I doubt there is a time limit on perjury under Swiss law.

Even if this was acted upon its more than likely to be a fine at most, which then would lead Pep to demand another apology and Bluto to write another scathing article about other teams that don't cheat. 

8 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

New Manchester City winger Ferran Torres says he left Valencia in part because they would not make him captain and one of their highest-paid players.

I wonder if he realises he will be on the bench more often than not.

I imagine his second reason was more important to him than the first reason. 

18 hours ago, dockers_strike said:

I really dont see how or why city fans arent calling for the Champions League to be made null and void now that the number of covid19 positive tests are rising rapidly throughout Europe.

In the same vein, starting the season in September might also be a bit of a pie dream.

Mmmm, pie dream.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Bob Spunkmouse said:

Back to Barca where he came from, a bit like Pique did.

I wasn't sure what you were referring to so I had to Google it, I had no idea Pique used to play for united. 

Definitely one for the players you don't recall playing for certain clubs thread.