You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Man City - the new bitters?

Naz17

2 hours ago, elvis said:

It's annoying , predictable etc but I'm really not that arsed . There are only so many top players in the world , and we've got our fair share along with the world's best manager . 

Guardiola will be bored there soon , and city will become another yo-yo club , hiring and firing managers due to lack of patience . Pep got lucky with the unbelievable Barca youngsters he inherited , along with Dr Bruyne and Silva . 

Fuck 'em and chill 

You are dreaming fella. The hornets nest is stoked. Klopp has worked miracles so far, but it can't be sustained.

• Downvote 1

4 hours ago, Leyton388 said:

And now the manager gets 150 million to bolster the squad and we get nothing due to the pandemic, how does that work with FFP city’s income is nowhere near ours, with the effect of the pandemic it’s even worse, their fan base is not even big in the U.K. let alone globally, their squad is far bigger, full of internationals on high wages, on the other hand we are current world, European and English champions and looks like we haven't a pot to piss in.   

They just pull money from the vast network that is that City Football Group.

Didn't they get 500m from that Silver Lake for a 10% stake in that group at end of last year?

You can bet your life most of that finds its way into Man City.

Here:

https://www.cnn.com/2019/11/27/business/manchester-city-silver-lake/index.html

11 hours ago, aRdja said:

Fuck, I read the other day we were buying both of them, along with that Alcantara and a Turkish goalkeeper. Does that mean that things that are reported in the press and on social media isn't always true. I for one am shocked at this.

From the press conference today, when he start spouting shit like this makes this seasons 20 odd point victory over them seem them all the more sweeter.

Manager Pep Guardiola also name-dropped some Manchester City legends as he made a passionate defence of the club's achievements.

"This club tries for the whole of its history, when at Maine Road, our heroes like [Colin] Bell, [Mike] Summberbee, [Joe] Hart - what we’ve done is on the pitch," he said.

"I know for the elite clubs - Liverpool, Manchester United, Arsenal - are not comfortable us being here. But we deserve to be here, we deserve to be stronger.

"There's incredible people working in this club to make our fans proud and we don’t have to ask permission to be there. When we lose I shake their hands and congratulate them, all the time we have done it.

"Guys, accept it. We wanted to be here and we tried on the pitch. If you do not agree, knock on the door and speak to our chairman and chief executive, don’t go whispering. We invested a lot of money but we did it in the right things.

"We are not banned, we followed the rules for FFP as they decided. If not, we’d be banned. We’ve done it properly in the right way, Uefa say we did it and we did it. People have to understand right now that we are here to try to compete on the pitch at the same level as the elite clubs in the Premier League and Europe."

Tottenham manager Jose Mourinho described the decision to overturn Manchester City's European "disgraceful", while La Liga president Javier Tebas has been a long-term critic of the club's business model.

City boss Pep Guardiola added: "He’s another one, this guy must be so jealous. He’s an incredible legal expert. Next time we’ll ask them which court should judge us.

"There has to be worry and concern about La Liga and focus on them. These kind of people, when it’s good for them, it's perfect. But if it's against them, it’s a problem for the others. We’ll be in the Champions League next season Mr Tebas, what we did, we did properly."

14 minutes ago, Mathewbet1 said:

From the press conference today, when he start spouting shit like this makes this seasons 20 odd point victory over them seem them all the more sweeter.

Manager Pep Guardiola also name-dropped some Manchester City legends as he made a passionate defence of the club's achievements.

"This club tries for the whole of its history, when at Maine Road, our heroes like [Colin] Bell, [Mike] Summberbee, [Joe] Hart - what we’ve done is on the pitch," he said.

"I know for the elite clubs - Liverpool, Manchester United, Arsenal - are not comfortable us being here. But we deserve to be here, we deserve to be stronger.

"There's incredible people working in this club to make our fans proud and we don’t have to ask permission to be there. When we lose I shake their hands and congratulate them, all the time we have done it.

"Guys, accept it. We wanted to be here and we tried on the pitch. If you do not agree, knock on the door and speak to our chairman and chief executive, don’t go whispering. We invested a lot of money but we did it in the right things.

"We are not banned, we followed the rules for FFP as they decided. If not, we’d be banned. We’ve done it properly in the right way, Uefa say we did it and we did it. People have to understand right now that we are here to try to compete on the pitch at the same level as the elite clubs in the Premier League and Europe."

Tottenham manager Jose Mourinho described the decision to overturn Manchester City's European "disgraceful", while La Liga president Javier Tebas has been a long-term critic of the club's business model.

City boss Pep Guardiola added: "He’s another one, this guy must be so jealous. He’s an incredible legal expert. Next time we’ll ask them which court should judge us.

"There has to be worry and concern about La Liga and focus on them. These kind of people, when it’s good for them, it's perfect. But if it's against them, it’s a problem for the others. We’ll be in the Champions League next season Mr Tebas, what we did, we did properly."

That is what you call total and utter fucking bollocks in my book.  

Mourinho fucking hates him. You know what though. Not a chance Pep would have done what Jose did with Porto. Granted, he had great players at Chelsea, Inter and Real but he also had proper teams to beat to win trophies. He also wanted to come here when we chose Rafa and lets face it we had the core of a good team then, but not as good as Chelsea.

I dislike Jose as much as the next red but credit to the fucker. He's lost his abilities but for all Pep's trophies, he is imo a career bully who has only ever managed clubs blessed with the best talent.

Barca - great players galore and three of the best players of all time in Messi, Xavi and Iniesta.

Bayern - great players. The year before they won the Champions League. No real domestic threat as Dortmund had sold a lot of their best players to them.

City - Shit first season when Conte schooled him. Second season they were admittedly brilliant. Last season they were brilliant credit to them but nothing between us and them. This season they were smashed by us. 

Yet, he likes to see himself as some kind of wholesome decent man full of footballing values. Passive aggressive shithouse for me Clive.

What a massive fucking dickhead. Fuck that, let’s go all out to fuck this guy up next season. The club is full of them - Guardiola, Sterling, that demon looking-cunt Bernardo Silva, Sinclair, and thick-as-fuck Micah Richards.

• Upvote 2

18 minutes ago, Mathewbet1 said:

Questions for Pep:

How much do you earn monthly for coaching Manchester City?

How much do you earn monthly in consultancy fees for services provided to the City Football Group?

Since you offer all this consultancy advice, what can you tell us about the other clubs in the CFG stable, such as Girona or NYC or Melbourne?

Why are you so personally defensive when all the UEFA allegations concern a period before you even arrived at the club?

Does it not seem strange to you that Manchester City's commercial reach is on a par with your former club Barcelona, what with the Catalan club's famous history and attractiveness for players from allover the world?

Why do you wear the same extremely shit clothes as sported by tech billionaires like Zuckerberg and Jobs?

Why do you wear the same extremely shit clothes as sported by tech billionaires like Zuckerberg and Jobs?

How many times did I ask that last question?

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, Trumo said:

Questions for Pep:

How much do you earn monthly for coaching Manchester City?

How much do you earn monthly in consultancy fees for services provided to the City Football Group?

Since you offer all this consultancy advice, what can you tell us about the other clubs in the CFG stable, such as Girona or NYC or Melbourne?

Why are you so personally defensive when all the UEFA allegations concern a period before you even arrived at the club?

Does it not seem strange to you that Manchester City's commercial reach is on a par with your former club Barcelona, what with the Catalan club's famous history and attractiveness for players from allover the world?

How many times did I ask that last question?

Are you ever going to buy a pair of pants that aren’t two sizes too small for you?

So if they are not guilty then why are they happy to take a 10 million hit to the pocket 

If you went to court and was found not guilty and they wanted to fine you then you would at the least kick off and then appeal 

They really are just massive fucking cheats pure and simple 

Why are you such a fucking miserably moaning cunt?

Fancy doing it at the Moss Rose on a wet & windy Tuesday night with players who haven't been paid for three months & there's no pot to piss in in regard transfer monies?

Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp: "From a personal point of view, I'm happy Manchester City can play in next season's Champions League, because if they have 12 games less, I don't see any chance for any other teams in the Premier League.

"I don't wish anything bad on anyone but I don't think it was a good day for football. Financial Fair Play (FFP) is a good idea and it is there to protect teams and the competition."

• Upvote 1

I would ask ....how come at Chelsea Kevin De Bruyne was so unathletic and unfit that he could barely finish a match and yet at City he can run around like a maniac for a full 90 minutes.

Anything that you would like to declare Guardiola?

https://www.sportsmole.co.uk/football/barcelona/on-this-day/feature/otd-guardiola-fails-second-drug-test_186390.html

http://www.sportingintelligence.com/2017/04/25/sharapova-guardiola-doping-darkness-and-light-250401/

http://theunapologists.com/break-silence-doping-football

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/39383967

Massive fucking hypocrite to boot. Parading his support for self-determination for Catalonia, calling Sterling a 'humanitarian' for his BLM support, when they happily take outrageous amounts of money from the people who are part of a foul regime which denies basic human rights to migrant workers and women and persecutes the LGBT community.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LGBT_rights_in_the_United_Arab_Emirates

https://www.amnesty.org.uk/groups/westminster-and-bayswater/oscar-jenz-and-joe-odell-about-human-rights-united-arab-emirates

But of course none of this gets mentioned by our sycophantic sports media.

I was reading about Lee Child recently, he sells loads of books but takes a lot of shit from literary types that claim it's not "proper writing" and it clearly infuriates him.

Guardiola reminds me of that. He never seemed this bad at his other clubs but I think there's something about having your achievements devalued that slowly makes you bitter and quick to lash out. He's built a rep based on success and good footy but as long as he's there will have a "yeah but..." after every trophy. 

I actually don't think he's a good fit for them any more for that reason. He's developed a complex, possibly about them not being an "elite" club as he calls them (imagine spending your career at the Nou Camp then seeing half empty CL games at their place) but seems to double down, he constantly doth protest too much.

This is why I love managers like Klopp, Rafa and Houllier. They were operating in the shadow of moneybags clubs and very rarely (until recently) able to dine at the top table for players, yet Rafa and Klopp upset the applecarts in Spain and Germany, they're footballing guerilla fighters. That's something Guardiola has never done.

• Upvote 3

5 hours ago, BeefStroganoff said:

You are dreaming fella. The hornets nest is stoked. Klopp has worked miracles so far, but it can't be sustained.

Miracles involve some kind of incredible fluke. How about you give the club, and Klopp, some actual credit for their competence for once? It's very patronizing to call what Klopp has done a miracle. Competence is sustainable. 

24 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

I was reading about Lee Child recently, he sells loads of books but takes a lot of shit from literary types that claim it's not "proper writing" and it clearly infuriates him.

Guardiola reminds me of that. He never seemed this bad at his other clubs but I think there's something about having your achievements devalued that slowly makes you bitter and quick to lash out. He's built a rep based on success and good footy but as long as he's there will have a "yeah but..." after every trophy. 

I actually don't think he's a good fit for them any more for that reason. He's developed a complex, possibly about them not being an "elite" club as he calls them (imagine spending your career at the Nou Camp then seeing half empty CL games at their place) but seems to double down, he constantly doth protest too much.

This is why I love managers like Klopp, Rafa and Houllier. They were operating in the shadow of moneybags clubs and very rarely (until recently) able to dine at the top table for players, yet Rafa and Klopp upset the applecarts in Spain and Germany, they're footballing guerilla fighters. That's something Guardiola has never done.

As with every player and Guardiola, they sold their arse to the highest bidder and lost all integrity. 

1 hour ago, Mathewbet1 said:

Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp: "From a personal point of view, I'm happy Manchester City can play in next season's Champions League, because if they have 12 games less, I don't see any chance for any other teams in the Premier League.

"I don't wish anything bad on anyone but I don't think it was a good day for football. Financial Fair Play (FFP) is a good idea and it is there to protect teams and the competition."

That’s a manager.

14 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

Miracles involve some kind of incredible fluke. How about you give the club, and Klopp, some actual credit for their competence for once? It's very patronizing to call what Klopp has done a miracle. Competence is sustainable. 

What are you on about? I've given Jurgen and the players all the credit in the world (certainly not the owners) but it has been nothing short of a miracle to eclipse a team that can put out two first 11's and that has practically swept up most trophies in the last few seasons.

We have had to be virtually flawless to win the title. Thats unprecedented. Its because City are just too damn good. Yeah they lost a few this season, but they should have beat Norwich, Spurs, man U, Southampton etc, a lack of a decent Centre half and some sloppiness cost them. Meanwhile we kept mistakes to a minimum and we took our chances. And we did it all on the budget of Bournemouth and without losing any of our major match winners.

Jurgen virtually has 13 players he plays and relies on game to game and he relies on them staying injury free. Pep has two fucking teams. We were flawless last season and they beat us by a point. The season before they got 100pts. They also won the FACup final 6-0. 6 fucking 0.

I fear they may be galvanised to win the CL now after yesterdays news. If only for Spurs fluking their way past them last season in the CL we might have had them in the final.

Long term lastability needs to be established for us, i just can't see it relying on Minamino, Williams and Curtis Jones.

Klopps job is now harder than ever.