You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Man City - the new bitters?

Naz17

40 minutes ago, Doctor Troy said:

I am critical of them but I'd rather have Neco Williams as a back up full back than buying a 27 year old from a Spanish club for 60m. 

We just need a couple of players and hopefully bed in these players when Salah, Mane, Firmino etc decline rather than getting 2 years down the line when they are 30 odd then ripping the whole team apart and starting from scratch like Real Madrid or Barcelona tend to do.

Agree with that completely. 

We need to do what we did in the 70s and 80s and seamlessly change the team.

• Upvote 3

Guest Pistonbroke
1 hour ago, Stickman said:

Fuck em they could spend what the liked last year the year before and the year before that and we still won the league .

Last season they won a treble and no one gave a fuck hence why they get so upset over all things LFC and it will be the same if they win another one next month...Sorry the only ones who will give a shit are their (“new”) fans and Evertonians 

Who would be singing a completely different tune if they were sat in 5th or just a few points off it. 

One thing, UEFA won't take this lying down, they've been outdone by lawyers digging for loopholes and their own lawyers seem to have scored an own goal as far as FFP rules currently stand. I'll literally piss myself if Real, or Bayern/Barcelona thereafter get a load of dodgy decisions in their favour. 

I find it absolutely hilarious that Everton fans are made up about this while at the same time not realising the impact it is going to have on them and push their skid mark of a club further away from the top. 

There is no uncle Uzzy, No new stadium and they are still and will forever be shite. Even a,world class manager like Carlo Ancelotti can't improve them. 

Like Turkeys voting for Christmas.  

1 hour ago, Leyton388 said:

I find it absolutely hilarious that Everton fans are made up about this while at the same time not realising the impact it is going to have on them and push their skid mark of a club further away from the top. 

There is no uncle Uzzy, No new stadium and they are still and will forever be shite. Even a,world class manager like Carlo Ancelotti can't improve them. 

Like Turkeys voting for Christmas.  

Rule 1 ; If it impacts on der Redshite then it's all good 

Rule 2 ; Refer back to Rule 1 

Just now, Leyton388 said:

If we don't strengthen in this window then we won't be retaining the league. Its obvious to everyone that the squad needs strengthening and it will be a very bitter pill to swallow if we don't spend for the second summer going. 

You never stand still in football but it appears that exactly what the club want to do. 

I dont buy into this we have no money shite. We've just come off our most successful 2 year period in 30 odd years and yes we have lost match day revenue but for the club to say we a skint quite frankly is a slap in the face to the fans that they think we are stupid enough to believe it.

You remind of that bloke , whats his name .............oh I know now ,   August 2019 -  thats him !

This CAS organisation is a tin pot organisation usually dealing with , minor sporting disputes and  mostly cycling drug cases with values in the maximum of 100's of thousands. This case was probably worth around 500m. You dont think for a minute an organisation who routinely hangs opposing state officials with no come back , would think twice about bribing the whole panel. I'm guessing a million each in swiss accounts  when they retire. They said most of the evidence was out of the time frame i.e 4 years ago rather than 3 years ago, and this is why UEFA are so useless in that they were too slow to act.

List of hearings

10.07.2020 12:08

This list is published for information only. As a general rule, CAS hearings are not open to the public.

Due to the travel restrictions arising from the Covid-19 pandemic, some hearings may be conducted by videoconference.

CAS 2019 / A / 6597 International Association of Athletics Federations (IAAF) v. Jacob Kibet Chulyo Kendagor
CAS 2020 / A / 7061 Athletic Club v. UEFA

16 July 2020
CAS 2020 / A / 7169 Trabzonspor AS v. Union des Associations Européennes de Football (UEFA)

CAS 2020 / A / 6772 Nicholas Opoku v. Club Africain

CAS 2019 / A / 6521 Osmanlispor FK v. Patrick Cabral Lalau & Clube Atletico Mineiro
CAS 2019 / A / 6526 Patrick Cabral Lalau v. Osmanlispor FK

CAS 2020 / A / 6727 Benjamin Acheampong v. Zamalek Sports Club
CAS 2019 / A / 6512 AEL FC v. Idriz Batha

CAS 2020 / A / 6823 Bu? Yu? K? Ehir Belediye Erzurumspor Kulu? Bu? Derne? Iv Lennart Thy & Club PEC Zwolle
CAS 2019 / A / 6647 WADA v. National Anti-Doping Center of Ukraine & Igor Glavan

CAS 2020 / A / 6889 Antalyaspor AS v. Richard Danilo Maciel Sousa Campos 

CAS 2019 / A / 6440 Jean Francisco Pérez Faure v. Panam Sports Organization

CAS 2020 / A / 6753 Wydad Athletic Club v. Souleymane Diarra & Ujpest 1885 Futbal Kft

TAS 2020 / A / 6783 Ligue de Football Professionnel du Cameroun c. Fédération Camerounaise de Football (FECAFOOT)

TAS 2020 / A / 6895 Daniel Febles c. Carabobo FC

CAS 2019 / A / 6571 Portuguese Padel Federation v. International Padel Federation

CAS 2019 / A / 6577 Portuguese Padel Federation v. International Padel Federation
CAS 2019 / A / 6728 Portuguese Padel Federation v. International Padel Federation

CAS 2019 / A / 6325 Deportivo Maldonado SAD v. Thiago Heleno Henrique Ferreira & Clube Atlético Paranaense
CAS 2019 / A / 6331 Thiago Heleno Henrique Ferreira v. Deportivo Maldonado SAD
CAS 2019 / A / 6332 Clube Atlético Paranaense v. Deportivo Maldonado SAD

CAS 2019 / A / 6665 Ricardo Terra Teixeira v. FIFA

CAS 2019 / A / 6576 Al Jazira Football SC v. Thiago Neves Augusto & Cruzeiro EC
CAS 2020 / A / 6831 PFC CSKA-Sofia EAD v. FIFA & Civard Sprockel

CAS 2019 / A / 6557 Japan Mountaineering & Sport Climbing Association (JMSCA) v. International Federation of Sport Climbing (IFSC)
CAS 2019 / A / 6663 Japan Mountaineering & Sport Climbing Association (JMSCA) v. International Federation of Sport Climbing (IFSC)

TAS 2019 / A / 6659 Club Sport Venecia c. Federación Ecuatoriana de Fútbol

CAS 2020 / A / 6786 Stéphane Badji v. Kayserispor KD

CAS 2019 / A / 6672 Club Cerro Porteño v. CONMEBOL

CAS 2020 / A / 6796 Andriamirado Aro Hasina Andrianamimanana & Kaizer Chiefs FC v. Fosa Juniors FC & FIFA

CAS 2020 / A / 6764 Rafaela Lopes Silva v. International Judo Federation (IJF)
CAS 2019 / A / 6632 ZFK Spartak Subotica v. Ferencvarosi TC & FIFA

CAS 2020 / A / 6920 Al Hilal Club v. Confédération Africaine de Football

TAS 2019 / A / 6258 AS Olympique Meiganga et consorts c. FECAFOOT

TAS 2020 / A / 6791 Diego Alonso Estrada Valverde c. Comunicaciones Fútbol Club SA & FIFA

CAS 2019 / A / 6533 Club Al Arabi SC v. Sergio Dutra Junior
CAS 2019 / A / 6539 Sérgio Dutra Junior v. Al Arabi SC & Fédération Internationale de Football Association (FIFA)

CAS 2019 / A / 6489 Juan Ángel Napout v. FIFA

CAS 2020 / A / 6875 Thai Port FC v. Marcel Josué Essombe
CAS 2018 / A / 6048 Daniele Bracciali v. Professional Tennis Integrity Officers
CAS 2018 / A / 6049 Potito Starace v. Professional Tennis Integrity Officers

Hard to care about the game when you know its rigged like this.

What we did this year is unsustainable (even these fucking cheats couldn't sustain it). Defending our title next year is going to be fucking hard as it is, now it just got ridiculous.

But beyond that, regardless of next season, the idea that we won't be able to spend much anytime soon coupled with the fact that they are going to spend unchecked means that there is only one eventuality. Ultimately, they will buy their way to the trophies they want, the same way they have bought their way out of this verdict.

I fucking despise these cunts.

2 hours ago, FrenchEyeGlass said:

Hard to care about the game when you know its rigged like this.

What we did this year is unsustainable (even these fucking cheats couldn't sustain it). Defending our title next year is going to be fucking hard as it is, now it just got ridiculous.

But beyond that, regardless of next season, the idea that we won't be able to spend much anytime soon coupled with the fact that they are going to spend unchecked means that there is only one eventuality. Ultimately, they will buy their way to the trophies they want, the same way they have bought their way out of this verdict.

I fucking despise these cunts.

They are dirty, dark, filthy stain on the game.

But everything they 'achieve' is hollow.

Maybe next year they can spend their filthy lucre and get within 10 points of The Champions.

10 hours ago, Doctor Troy said:

That's what I've generally felt after reading a few articles about it. UEFA generally believe that FFP has been a success with a lot of the leagues in Europe having clubs in little or no debt.

You also have the president of La Liga apparently furious about the decision and I'm sure Serie A and the Bundesliga would be. Even France must be fed up of PSG winning everything because of who they are owned by. 

The only fine that City received was for non compliance with the process because they believed that they didn't have any evidence to give UEFA and that because the emails that were used were hacked and should not have been used. 

Hopefully the rules are tightened up and City's cards are forever marked. That's me being optimistic anyway.

Me too brother, not going to stress about what shitteh may do, still enjoying that Champion feeling.

5 hours ago, niallers said:

And like last year, most of the idiot fans from other clubs will be delighted that "the scousers" won't be able to win that much now, isn't it great haha. Can't see the wood from the fucking trees the whole fucking lol of them. 

This is it for me, if feel the league has been incredibly lucky that Klopp has constructed a side to challenge them otherwise they would be heading for a third successive league title while hoovering up the rest of the domestic trophys. At what point would fans of other teams get tired of their dominance? Would it be after 4 consecutive title wins? Would there be grumbling then or would all the media still be creaming themselves about their 'wonderful attacking brilliance'. 

Prior to Klopp getting us going I really thought that City and Chelsea would interchangeably swap trophies for next while.

Well the Premier League could now take action against city, I mean they don't have the same limitations so city couldn't worm out on a technicality. They could remove their wins for that period and deduct points this season which would effectively remove them from the CL anyway, (unless the cheating twats win it)

They won't though, they will just continue to almost endorse cheating in their league and will do so until the whole mess collapses. 

Manchester City are 'highly likely' to face a Premier League points deduction this season after they were punished by UEFA.

City have been banned from participating in the Champions League for two years and also received a £25million fine for breaching Financial Fair Play (FFP) regulations.

As reported by The Independent, the Premier League will be forced to act due to its own licensing, which pertains to UEFA's FFP rules. 

Although City's Champions League ban could be overturned, that is unlikely to be the case for any punishment that they face from the Premier League.

The report indicates that Premier League committees had already discussed potential punishments in the event that UEFA punished City. 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-8006085/Manchester-City-highly-likely-dealt-points-deduction-Champions-League-punishment.html

The silence from the Premier League is deafening.

It would be hilarious to see the team that misses out on the CL next season take legal action to make the premier league enforce its own rules, again I do not expect this to happen. 

And now the manager gets 150 million to bolster the squad and we get nothing due to the pandemic, how does that work with FFP city’s income is nowhere near ours, with the effect of the pandemic it’s even worse, their fan base is not even big in the U.K. let alone globally, their squad is far bigger, full of internationals on high wages, on the other hand we are current world, European and English champions and looks like we haven't a pot to piss in.   

It's annoying , predictable etc but I'm really not that arsed . There are only so many top players in the world , and we've got our fair share along with the world's best manager . 

Guardiola will be bored there soon , and city will become another yo-yo club , hiring and firing managers due to lack of patience . Pep got lucky with the unbelievable Barca youngsters he inherited , along with Dr Bruyne and Silva . 

Fuck 'em and chill