You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Man City - the new bitters?

Naz17

9 minutes ago, Trumo said:

The German newspaper Der Spiegel published a series of findings and irregularities in late 2018 after getting hold of email communications among the City hierarchy. These publishings related to dodgy dealing dating from 2013 and earlier, where City needed to cook the books and mask direct owner investment as corporate sponsorship in order to meet FFP guidelines. It's because UEFA's investigation was at least 5 years after the event (and based on Der Spiegel's findings) that so many of the findings were deemed to be time-barred by CAS. I don't know how Der Spiegel got hold of their info but it's clear that the vast majority of it had been hidden from UEFA by City when UEFA were investigating their irregularities around 2014-ish. UEFA themselves made a point of saying this when they handed down the 2-year ban to City. Still, whatever irregularities UEFA did find back then were serious enough to hand down a hefty fine (not far short of 50 million Euros IIRC).

So it confirms they cheated, but they got away with it for so long that it could no longer be punishable?

18 minutes ago, El Rojo said:

Hopefully Manchester United now miss out on fourth. (Not that we wouldn’t have wished this anyway). They still have a fair bit of clout so the more discommoded they are by this the better. 

Leicester and Chelsea imploding. United will get 3rd. They'll get their customary penalty tonight against saints against the run of play and all will be well in the world of manc 

8 minutes ago, Pistonbroke said:

Hopefully more will be made of the fact that the cunts cheated.

"But it's finding that City obstructed their investigation and failed to cooperate with it. It's still quite a serious finding against a major football club."

Its a finding that City couldn't give a fcuk about and they are certainly unworthy of the title major football club! Reeks of BS the whole process.

Guest Pistonbroke
Just now, Aventus said:

So it confirms they cheated, but they got away with it for so long that it could no longer be punishable?

Basically, a timeline technicality. City have just proven to the World that there are rules, but they can be broken if you have enough money and lawyers with the integrity of Fred West. A little bit of football died today, because its own governing bodies are incompetent of forcing their own rules and the courts are willing to back down in the face of wealth. 

20 minutes ago, Leyton388 said:

And to top it off the league is soon to include a regime that Murders and chops up journalists.

Difficult to tell the PL and Newcastle to reject them when our own government says their human rights abuses are a one off and proceeds to sell arms to them again.

• Upvote 3

The last time Manchester City failed to win a domestic trophy was 2016-17, the last time they finished outside the top 3 positions was 2009-10, how long will it be before they go for another season without a trophy or finish outside of the top 3?

On 22/05/2020 at 13:25, dockers_strike said:

Seriously, no one's pulled him for posting that? Put people on a flight to Wuhan? So, it's ok to plaster all over social media about fucking scousers 'wanting to complete the season with people dieing' and this cunt is going on about sending people to Wuhan because their rumoured 3rd shirt is so shit?

Stop the fucking world, I want to get off.

The irony of a manc whose whole career has been spent trying to copy four scousers complaining about scousers!

• Upvote 1

Guest Pistonbroke
39 minutes ago, sir roger said:

Not arsed , we shit on them this season and we will shit on them next season.

I shouldn't be arsed, we are Champions and as you say shit on their money buttie. I am however arsed because they are just laughing in the face of all other clubs who bide by the rules mate. The likes of Goater* and their other ex players and their fans tweeting bollocks as if they are above the law purely down to the fact they have owners without a morale compass. If the likes of Goater just stood back for a second and realised the regime they were backing and let it sink in they might just realise that they are being stupid brain dead knobbers who can't see past their own gains. It really is just another example of why mankind is in major trouble. 

I genuinely hate them much more than the other Mancs. They are absolutely abhorent in every sense. At least the other Mancs are an institution like us.

I mean you watch Sheffield United and you see how Wilder has put together a really good team with lads with different stories and the bond they have with their fans. He did that with fuck all money. I have admiration for them.

You know what money talks. If this was some of the older European stalwarts with pedigree like Celtic, Steau or Red Star Belgrade, UEFA would fuck them from on high for doing a tenth of what these cunts have done.

This opens the floodgates now. Clubs will spend mad money especially City. I would think FSG will be watching carefully. They have achieved success the right away on and off the field. If the goalposts are moved to where they are going to be, even with Jurgen, my feeling is that they will realise that it is going in a direction they don't like and will sell the club whilst it is high in esteem because they are not going to put their hard earned money into competing in the long term with state run clubs if there is no financial regulations.

I am arsed only because our owners are massive arseholes. 

If we had even slightly ambitious owners it wouldn't bother me as long as Klopp was here. 

In four years time we will not be able to catch them again 

2 minutes ago, Daisy said:

If we had even slightly ambitious owners it wouldn't bother me as long as Klopp was here. 

The ambition of our or any other owners is pretty much immaterial, you cant compete long term with an oil state.

• Upvote 1

I dont think our business model lends itself to a sustained period of domination, so not overly annoyed by this.

Enjoy this moment while we are boss. People didn't think this would happen a couple of years ago and thought City would dominate for years to come.

As for Shaun Goater, the no mark is trying to earn a few quid i imagine. Needs to hang on to the coat tails of the club, otherwise he will be forgotten for genuinely decent players.

A quick glance shows he played 52 top flight games in his career, won 13 and managed 14 goals in that time. Club legend indeed.

Just now, Daisy said:

I do feel we need to buy at least one world class player this summer and I don't buy for one second that we couldn't afford that. 

However, I think they have done a really good job. They are hard nosed business people but the club is in a much healthier position in every sense thanks to them. They listen to Jurgen and he respects them too - I think if he wanted Thiago he would get him. Jurgen is frugal though himself - a typical down to earth German and I respect him for that. Signing Werner made sense for that price, but making him the highest paid earner at the best team in the world would be ridiculous  and could have impacted morale. Souness mentioned making people like Wright and Saunders bigger earners than players like Rush, Whelan and Nicol as being a massive mistake that he made. Jurgen won't do the same.

Moving forward, as long as we have someone like Jurgen we can compete and win titles. However, decisions like this make it much harder. 

• Upvote 1

It's the creaming of the pants by commentators etc when they're clearly fucking cheats. 

It really does underline how good we are that we have managed to take on unlimited cash and kick it's arse with heart and passion. They'll never have that the twats. 

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Istvan Kuntstain said:

bit fed up reading this TBH, if we sorted the deal out fast enough then Chelsea wouldn't of had a look in and the wages wouldn't of come in to it, esp as his agent said he'd come to us and we tried to do what we do get a cheaper deal.... we fucked up again...

Again?

When was the other time?