You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Man City - the new bitters?

Naz17

Guest Pistonbroke

How long before Pep blames their losses this season on the fact they had this ban hovering over their heads. Every defeat in the CL from now on will be met by....dodgy UEFA ref! They'll just take the piss in the next transfer market. Personally, if I was a player I'd set a precedent and say 'I could never play for a club like City, the game is not just about money when you can earn enough wherever you go.' If players didn't go there, then their money wouldn't mean a thing. I won't hold my breath though, far too many players who are controlled by those who pretend to be looking out for their best interests. Like Clangers says, a salary cap is the way forward, but UEFA/FIFA are as bent as City are in the big scheme of things, they want as much money as possible flowing through the game as it means more chances to cream some off.  

Just now, Tj hooker said:

200 to 300 million investment in the squad incoming asap ffp is totally dead in the water 

I can't see that happening, they have sold 30% of the club to investment funds. That club will now be ran the same way they run their other investments, the sports washing part of the assignment is complete for Abu Dhabi, like Abramovich before them they will get bored and glance at its value once every 6 months.

The CAS ruling says that many of City's breaches were time-barred. Not all of them, but many. Which means there are some breaches which CAS is clearly aware of, yet has done nothing about. They've only fined City a pittance for not co-operating with UEFA's investigation by dragging it out and shutting up shop, not for any financial breaches. But dragging it out and shutting up shop is how these breaches became time-barred in the first place!

• Upvote 1

It will be interesting to see how the big European clubs react to this as essentially CAS has now opened the floodgates to state backed clubs to spend what they like, inflate the transfer market even more and completely destabilise the market knowing full well CAS will just roll over for them. 

Guest Pistonbroke
3 minutes ago, Tj hooker said:

200 to 300 million investment in the squad incoming asap ffp is totally dead in the water 

The powers that be might regret this long term. With what is going on around the World and fans getting used to not being at the game they might just stay away when things return to normal, especially if City just take the piss in the transfer market. 

2 minutes ago, No2 said:

I can't see that happening, they have sold 30% of the club to investment funds. That club will now be ran the same way they run their other investments, the sports washing part of the assignment is complete for Abu Dhabi, like Abramovich before them they will get bored and glance at its value once every 6 months.

Time will tell  obviously but I'm not convinced they are cheating bastards 

2 minutes ago, No2 said:

The same Abramovich who wrote off about £200m that Chelsea owed him and funded their capture of Timo Werner?

And so FFP ends as any sort of worthwhile sanction. No doubt the PL will green light the Saudi takeover of Newcastle and we can all sit back and watch them splash the cash. That ruling pretty much killed competitive football save between just a few clubs.