You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Man City - the new bitters?

Naz17

On 23/06/2020 at 20:27, an tha said:

Just had a look at bluemong....

This was actually posted there....it is fucking brilliant, especially the bit about Leicester deserving to win the title!!

Fucking loons on that place.

Yeah, I think it's a real shame how badly this season has been affected because of the poor refereeing.

I think both City and Liverpool have been below last seasons levels so it's a shame that we haven't actually been able to see who deserves to win the league, which is probably Leicester if we're looking at consistent performances this season.

It would have been fascinating to see how things would have developed had Liverpool dropped points because Michael Oliver had applied the laws of the game when refereeing the Liverpool - City game at Anfield rather than just making whatever decision was least likely to upset the home support.

Or how Liverpool's early season momentum (which as we all know is so important, pundits talk about it so much and there's a reason sports psychologists get paid so much) may have dipped a little if Mane was awarded a card for his dive against Leicester rather than stealing a penalty and three points.

I'd also have loved to have seen how Klopp would have coped with rotating his squad to fill the holes that would have been there after players like Robertson, Alexander-Arnold and Fabinho had received the bans they should have had if they had received the yellow and red cards their play deserved at times, especially after the disgrace of the first Merseyside Derby of the season.

At the top of the game it's all about small margins and if one team is given the benefit of pretty much all those margins then they will do much better than they would without them. If any of the top five teams had their games referee'd with the same leniency as Liverpool's then they would win the league, maybe not by as many points but they'd still win it.

What's so sad is that there's an entire generation of Liverpool fans that have never seen their team win the league. Those of them that are genuine and knowledgeable fans of football will know that they will never know if this team was genuinely good enough to win it without their players cheating and the, more than likely unconscious, help from the officials.

They'll never know if the early season confidence and swagger was down to all those little helping hands and wins gained by a dive or if this late season version of the team is their real level.

I think that's really sad for them and hopefully one day they'll get to experience their team actually win the league after working for it rather than have it gifted as a result of their players cheating. I suspect the emotions after an earned championship will feel much better and much more real.

That's on another level, fuckin hell

Worse than United fans some of them ( actually a lot).

A bird i used work with is a city fan, her dad commented on Facebook " Blacks are like scousers ,always the victim" during the Black lives matters protest.

Just reported it couldn't be arsed getting involved as you can't educate stupid

Man City have never been and will never be our rivals. They are a slid mark of a club that has won the lottery. They aren't a patch on Man United and never will be. 

As much as I hate United I have a massive amount of respect for the club as like us they have done it the right way and deserved the success they have. Unlike those financial dopers in the emptyhad 

• Upvote 1

50 minutes ago, Leyton388 said:

As much as I hate United I have a massive amount of respect for the club as like us they have done it the right way and deserved the success they have. Unlike those financial dopers in the emptyhad 

Ha, my stepfather-in-law is a United fan, and when I was asked to describe how Liverpool and United feel about each other, he agreed with my description of a roughly equal mixture of hatred and respect.

Credit where it's due though, City did publicly congratulate us on winning the title, which is more than I can say for a few other clubs. Perhaps the green shoots of a little bit of class and dignity threatening to emerge at the Etihad.

24 minutes ago, Doctor Troy said:

Hope they dont win the CL. Bayern look strong and hopefully win it even though they will draw level with us on 6. I'd take PSG winning it as it will be a hollow success with the amount of money they spend and no one will give a shit about it. 

I hope it’s null and voided. Imagine the fume. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, littletedwest said:

Worse than United fans some of them ( actually a lot).

A bird i used work with is a city fan, her dad commented on Facebook " Blacks are like scousers ,always the victim" during the Black lives matters protest.

Just reported it couldn't be arsed getting involved as you can't educate stupid

That reminds me, after the BLM thing got going we were one of the first clubs to have a picture up showing support, bluemoon didn't like it one bit though, Virtue signalling cunts they called us, with some other references to evra. Fast forward a couple of weeks their team does it and sterling is vocally supporting the protests and the are full of pride at their lads for showing respect. 

Weirdos.

Man City: Pep Guardiola says players will give Liverpool guard of honour

By Simon Stone

BBC Sport

Manchester City players walk out to a guard of honour
Dethroned champions Manchester City have been the recipients of a guard of honour on several occasions

Manchester City's players will give new Premier League champions Liverpool a guard of honour at Etihad Stadium on Thursday, says Pep Guardiola.

It will be Liverpool's first game since their 30-year wait for a league title was ended after City lost at Chelsea.

"We are going to do the guard of honour of course," said City boss Guardiola.

"We will greet Liverpool, when they come to our house, in an incredible way. We are going to do it because they deserve it."

Meanwhile, Guardiola has again refused to say whether he will be willing to extend his City contract when it expires in 2021.

By then, he will have spent five seasons in Manchester, longer than he was in charge of Barcelona, and there is speculation he will be looking for another challenge.

Speaking before Sunday's FA Cup quarter-final at Newcastle, Guardiola said: "I am incredibly hungry for this part of the season and the next one and after that we will see.

"I am incredibly satisfied to be at this club. I don't want to think too much about things that are far away."

• Like 1

https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/sunday-life/sport/irish-fa-forced-to-pay-2million-compensation-claim-to-former-schools-international-39321746.html 

Appreciate this is a bit left field, but a 15 year old Man City player tried to sue the NI Schoolboys, the IFA and a player after a leg break in a Victory Shield game. He wanted a total of £36m for missing out on potential! It would have bankrupted the IFA & NI Schoolboys setup, not to mention the kid! In the end the IFA took on the responsibility & settled, out of court, for £2m!

Now, this has raised a lot of question in Northern Ireland... not least why there was a case to answer against the IFA at all. But the angle of loss of potential for a 15 year old seems a bit on the high side. What does the average 15 year old earn at City?! Would he have earned £2m over the course of his contract? Was he guaranteed to get another contract?! Where city paying for his schooling? Something else? 

Clearly a bit of talent to be playing for the England U-16s but his chances of going from there to professional football at all, never mind the top, are slim enough. 

All rather odd. 

32 minutes ago, Mcfaggen said:

https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/sunday-life/sport/irish-fa-forced-to-pay-2million-compensation-claim-to-former-schools-international-39321746.html 

Appreciate this is a bit left field, but a 15 year old Man City player tried to sue the NI Schoolboys, the IFA and a player after a leg break in a Victory Shield game. He wanted a total of £36m for missing out on potential! It would have bankrupted the IFA & NI Schoolboys setup, not to mention the kid! In the end the IFA took on the responsibility & settled, out of court, for £2m!

Now, this has raised a lot of question in Northern Ireland... not least why there was a case to answer against the IFA at all. But the angle of loss of potential for a 15 year old seems a bit on the high side. What does the average 15 year old earn at City?! Would he have earned £2m over the course of his contract? Was he guaranteed to get another contract?! Where city paying for his schooling? Something else? 

Clearly a bit of talent to be playing for the England U-16s but his chances of going from there to professional football at all, never mind the top, are slim enough. 

All rather odd. 

The IFA or rather their insurers decide a £2m payout is cheaper than a court case and any order to pay upto £30m+.

Mate of mine had a shop. One day an old girl who had a walking stick went in his shop, fell over and broke her hip. It was a complete accident and the assessor declared there was nothing wrong with the door, the floor was level and there was no trip hazard.

But the insurer paid her 5 grand because that was cheaper than going to court, paying legals and the chance the court decided to award her tens of thousands.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, dockers_strike said:

The IFA or rather their insurers decide a £2m payout is cheaper than a court case and any order to pay upto £30m+.

Mate of mine had a shop. One day an old girl who had a walking stick went in his shop, fell over and broke her hip. It was a complete accident and the assessor declared there was nothing wrong with the door, the floor was level and there was no trip hazard.

But the insurer paid her 5 grand because that was cheaper than going to court, paying legals and the chance the court decided to award her tens of thousands.

I get that - I'm no lawyer, so to my layman eyes, it looks odd that the IFA could be found culpable, but I get that someone said it would be better to settle - it's just the numbers, rather than taking the risk of losing. 

£2m for a 15 year old on "loss of potential"? That number just seems astronomical. 

1 hour ago, coachpotato said:

Full case of Koppaberg bottles and light blue smoke bombs at the coach on arrival then.

That stuff outside the Arkles was an utter disgrace. Yet again, a few nobheads sullied the name of Liverpool FC. I honestly dont think it's something we should make light of and no, it doesnt excuse the city players singing that song on the plane back from brighton, either.

• Upvote 3

On 29/06/2020 at 13:12, dockers_strike said:

That stuff outside the Arkles was an utter disgrace. Yet again, a few nobheads sullied the name of Liverpool FC. I honestly dont think it's something we should make light of and no, it doesnt excuse the city players singing that song on the plane back from brighton, either.

I was being sarcastic regarding the quote. Don’t disagree about the behaviour by the Arkles, similarly outside the ground and at the Pier Head recently.