You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Man City - the new bitters?

Naz17

Sane was on the verge of joining Bayern before his injury wasn't he? From what I remember reading at the time, City weren't forcing him to stay, they were willing to let him go but then he got injured.

The notion that they'd 'let De Bruyne rot' doesn't wash with me because he's one of the good guys, he's well respected by everyone and it would be impossible to label him a problem like Tevez for example.

If City screwed De Bruyne, they'd just be ensuring that no more top players went there.

If De Bruyne wants out, then City will need to set a price and see what happens. If no-one is willing to pay then they'd be well within their rights to tell him he's going nowhere. Unless players do have good legal grounds for cancelling contracts over this European ban thing.

3 hours ago, Lee909 said:

Your forgetting what doesn't go on City books. A bit like their finance department

Quite. I don’t believe for 1 second our wage bill is bigger than theirs.

Officially it might be, but with whatever the Sheik makes up and dodgy deals, I categorically don’t believe it. 

Isn’t part of the UEFA charge that the Sheik paid some of Mancini’s wage / severance?

8 minutes ago, dave u said:

Sane was on the verge of joining Bayern before his injury wasn't he? From what I remember reading at the time, City weren't forcing him to stay, they were willing to let him go but then he got injured.

He’s coming to us...

47 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

Quite. I don’t believe for 1 second our wage bill is bigger than theirs.

Officially it might be, but with whatever the Sheik makes up and dodgy deals, I categorically don’t believe it. 

Isn’t part of the UEFA charge that the Sheik paid some of Mancini’s wage / severance?

I think he had 2 wage streams 1 here and one overseas - which was not declared by city (at club level it might have been at group) but I've no idea if Mancini declared. That was part of those published leaks, but uefa haven't used all of them, I don't know if this was in or out. I suspect out. 

1 hour ago, aws said:

Don't Group pay for the image rights of players giving them the option of laying off a load of wage costs ? 

Yeah, amongst other things. I think as well I read most of the coaching staff are all through group as well and then they split the costs of the coaches equally to their clubs, so the group effectively just provides coaching as a service. 

24 minutes ago, Barry Wom said:

Yeah, amongst other things. I think as well I read most of the coaching staff are all through group as well and then they split the costs of the coaches equally to their clubs, so the group effectively just provides coaching as a service. 

Add to that other clubs in the group payong City millions for 'football advice' the whole system is bent as fuck

• Upvote 1

Yep, that seems to be a major aim of the City Group bullshit - they set up clubs in backwater leagues with no FFP-type regulations (because those leagues are desperate to attract any kind of investment and any kind of major names), and then use those clubs to funnel costs away from their flagship club which has to play by financial rules. So some no-mark club in the A-League has consultancy costs of £45m a year: nobody in their league asks or cares what it's for, and it's just sent directly to the pockets of Mancini, or Guardiola, or De Bruyne.

Always thought it's only a matter of time before New York City or someone start buying their unwanted youth cast-offs for £50m a pop. A bit like Ferguson used to do with the likes of Frazer Campbell to Steve Bruce and his ilk, only even more bent.

• 2 weeks later...

Just had a look at bluemong....

This was actually posted there....it is fucking brilliant, especially the bit about Leicester deserving to win the title!!

Fucking loons on that place.

Yeah, I think it's a real shame how badly this season has been affected because of the poor refereeing.

I think both City and Liverpool have been below last seasons levels so it's a shame that we haven't actually been able to see who deserves to win the league, which is probably Leicester if we're looking at consistent performances this season.

It would have been fascinating to see how things would have developed had Liverpool dropped points because Michael Oliver had applied the laws of the game when refereeing the Liverpool - City game at Anfield rather than just making whatever decision was least likely to upset the home support.

Or how Liverpool's early season momentum (which as we all know is so important, pundits talk about it so much and there's a reason sports psychologists get paid so much) may have dipped a little if Mane was awarded a card for his dive against Leicester rather than stealing a penalty and three points.

I'd also have loved to have seen how Klopp would have coped with rotating his squad to fill the holes that would have been there after players like Robertson, Alexander-Arnold and Fabinho had received the bans they should have had if they had received the yellow and red cards their play deserved at times, especially after the disgrace of the first Merseyside Derby of the season.

At the top of the game it's all about small margins and if one team is given the benefit of pretty much all those margins then they will do much better than they would without them. If any of the top five teams had their games referee'd with the same leniency as Liverpool's then they would win the league, maybe not by as many points but they'd still win it.

What's so sad is that there's an entire generation of Liverpool fans that have never seen their team win the league. Those of them that are genuine and knowledgeable fans of football will know that they will never know if this team was genuinely good enough to win it without their players cheating and the, more than likely unconscious, help from the officials.

They'll never know if the early season confidence and swagger was down to all those little helping hands and wins gained by a dive or if this late season version of the team is their real level.

I think that's really sad for them and hopefully one day they'll get to experience their team actually win the league after working for it rather than have it gifted as a result of their players cheating. I suspect the emotions after an earned championship will feel much better and much more real.

• Upvote 1

Leicester had a run where they won 9 on the bounce before Christmas. We then whacked them after we came back from Dubai or wherever as world champs. Leicester's form plummeted and has been power ever since. He's having a fucking mare thinking Leicester would really be winning the title this season.

7 minutes ago, Numero said:

Yeah, I think any team that opens up a 20-odd point lead might be worth a shout at 'deserving' to win the title. That's just me. 

No mate, one nearly 30 pts behind who lost to the team who are top twice, including 4-0 at home and who aren't even averaging 2 pts a game do....

• Upvote 1

The state of these cunts after a few years of grossly funded success. 

Chelsea fans were always obnoxious so it was no surprise that when Roman came in they carrying on being that.

City fans generally were not too bad in years gone by, even when they slipped a few divisions. Even when they first got the new owners they were mostly okay but now they have this massive self entitlement, believing that they are the biggest club in the country, far from it.

A club that is under investigation, pending a ban from Europe, blatant cooking of the books and cant fill a ground (or space on a multi screen of Zoom fans). Also laugh at the fact they they are trying to build some intense rivalry with us like the rent boys used to do, not arsed me, blerts the lot of them.

3 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

Game against city looks set to be played at the emptyhad and not moved to a neutral venue.

Hopefully.

It is the right thing to do and for my money there shouldn't be any question about it.

I think they will win the champions league this year. It shows regardless of the consequences that cheating does prosper. The league titles and cups they have won have elevated them as a club, they're seen as winners when they have literally had off every side they compete against by knowingly being financially creative to swerve the rules designed to make the game fair and protect the financial future of clubs, which FFP clearly does. 

13 hours ago, an tha said:

Just had a look at bluemong....

This was actually posted there....it is fucking brilliant, especially the bit about Leicester deserving to win the title!!

Fucking loons on that place.

Yeah, I think it's a real shame how badly this season has been affected because of the poor refereeing.

I think both City and Liverpool have been below last seasons levels so it's a shame that we haven't actually been able to see who deserves to win the league, which is probably Leicester if we're looking at consistent performances this season.

It would have been fascinating to see how things would have developed had Liverpool dropped points because Michael Oliver had applied the laws of the game when refereeing the Liverpool - City game at Anfield rather than just making whatever decision was least likely to upset the home support.

Or how Liverpool's early season momentum (which as we all know is so important, pundits talk about it so much and there's a reason sports psychologists get paid so much) may have dipped a little if Mane was awarded a card for his dive against Leicester rather than stealing a penalty and three points.

I'd also have loved to have seen how Klopp would have coped with rotating his squad to fill the holes that would have been there after players like Robertson, Alexander-Arnold and Fabinho had received the bans they should have had if they had received the yellow and red cards their play deserved at times, especially after the disgrace of the first Merseyside Derby of the season.

At the top of the game it's all about small margins and if one team is given the benefit of pretty much all those margins then they will do much better than they would without them. If any of the top five teams had their games referee'd with the same leniency as Liverpool's then they would win the league, maybe not by as many points but they'd still win it.

What's so sad is that there's an entire generation of Liverpool fans that have never seen their team win the league. Those of them that are genuine and knowledgeable fans of football will know that they will never know if this team was genuinely good enough to win it without their players cheating and the, more than likely unconscious, help from the officials.

They'll never know if the early season confidence and swagger was down to all those little helping hands and wins gained by a dive or if this late season version of the team is their real level.

I think that's really sad for them and hopefully one day they'll get to experience their team actually win the league after working for it rather than have it gifted as a result of their players cheating. I suspect the emotions after an earned championship will feel much better and much more real.

That's taking ifithadnabinfer and concern trolling to unprecedented heights. Well done to the fella.

14 hours ago, coachpotato said:

Wonder what he thought of the Kompany foul on Salah last season that deserved a red.

Personally, I think Salah was lucky to stay on.........

It must be something to do with the colour blue and it’s different hues.

And guess what, the same ref (Taylor) who arguably cost us the title with that appalling decision has been chosen for next Thursday‘s game.  Couldn’t make it up.