You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Man City - the new bitters?

Naz17

18 minutes ago, dandyman said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/51661881

Imagine that, citeh having issues with their IT systems

A city spokeswoman said "It is a matter of public record that we have been the target of several criminal attacks through our IT systems in recent years."

Oh really, what 'criminal attacks' were they then?

7 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

A city spokeswoman said "It is a matter of public record that we have been the target of several criminal attacks through our IT systems in recent years."

Oh really, what 'criminal attacks' were they then?

:whistle:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTl1yXRJBQYK5bNFsWj6wP

1 hour ago, coachpotato said:

I suppose they’re assuming that they’re the only football club in the world that has to put up with cyber attacks and hacking attempts?

But then, I was forgetting, they’re the only team in the world that has bad stuff happen to them because everyone else is ganging up against them.

Them and Real Madrid apparently, oh and Everton with the pesky powers-that-be.

This is amazing!!!

Latest Clampetts conspiracy is that we ‘hacked’ their computers and found their scouting reports on Coutinho and bought him, thus raising him, training him and watching him become a proper baller, before selling him and buying Big Virg and the Wall.

This, as you can Imagine caused consternation as, ya know, stuff and shit. Ergo, we should have to give back the players, reimburse them and lose anything points/trophy wise we’ve achieved because of this. *There may be some artistic license*

Amazing, it really is. I’m beginning to think they’re doing it as a wind up.

6 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

This is amazing!!!

Latest Clampetts conspiracy is that we ‘hacked’ their computers and found their scouting reports on Coutinho and bought him, thus raising him, training him and watching him become a proper baller, before selling him and buying Big Virg and the Wall.

This, as you can Imagine caused consternation as, ya know, stuff and shit. Ergo, we should have to give back the players, reimburse them and lose anything points/trophy wise we’ve achieved because of this. *There may be some artistic license*

Deranged it is but we can only blame ourselves for giving the soft cunts the ammunition .

In an exclusive interview with ESPN , Comolli said: “In the spring of 2012, the owners told me that we had a limited spending budget per player of €10 million and we could only sign players who were under 21.

“I said to the scout: ‘Coutinho becomes our priority’ because we were looking for a wide player to replace Dirk Kuyt. He (Coutinho) was not available because they transferred him to Espanyol [on loan] later on.”

According to the Times, the Reds dished out a £1 million settlement to City after they made a legal complaint that their scouting system, Scout7, was readily hacked into over an eight-month period between June 2012 and February 2013.

Hmm

26 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

This is amazing!!!

I thought we bought Coutinho well before the time of the 'hacking'? And last I heard, didnt city speed up their purchases of players when they became aware of it so not sure how they missed out on any targets.

4 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

I thought we bought Coutinho well before the time of the 'hacking'? And last I heard, didnt city speed up their purchases of players when they became aware of it so not sure how they missed out on any targets.

A lot more would have been made of it had they suffered any tangible damage 

11 minutes ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

I think there's plenty of blame to go around. We can blame ourselves, but we can also blame a bunch of twats for being twats who are making twatish stuff up. 

I put the blame squarely on the two arseholes we employed from city and them thinking logging in to their old employers system was 'ok.' No, it's not ok and really, the club should have instantly dismissed them as soon as it found out. Now the club is paying the price.

Confidentiallity clauses nearly always find their way into the public domain when one party is later made the subject of scrutiny. The FFP thing was city's excuse to do this.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, TheHowieLama said:

If it went on for 8 months everyone knew.

Not necessary if they covered it up, even city didnt realise for the period and their system was being accessed. But I understand your point and in my opinion, the same stands. Anyone connected to the club who idlly stood by and let them crack on is equally complicit.

It's the first time Coutinho's name has been mentioned anywhere, meaning instead if this having any basis in reality, it's just one blue loon who has looked at the approximate hacking date of 2012-13 and has cross referenced it with every player we signed at that time, and Phil was the only one you could call successful so obviously Man City seen him before we did because we couldn't have possibly discovered him on our own. 

7 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

If we read their reports on Sturridge and still signed him* then we need to check the rocks in our heads.

*one season withstanding. 

If they are spending time scouting a player they had already owned and then sold to Chelsea a few years earlier maybe they are the ones who need their heads checked. 

• Upvote 1

ttps://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/21236041

New manager Claudio Ranieri sent Coutinho on loan to struggling Spanish side Espanyol for the second half of the following season. He impressed, scoring five goals in 16 appearances.

This was when Liverpool first showed an interest in the player. Benitez had told their director of football, Damian Comolli, that Coutinho was the best young player at Inter and capable of being a big success in the Premier League.