You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Man City - the new bitters?

Naz17

45 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

A history of winning trophies eh....

Hung

I can see why people might decide not to attend etc, but it is an affliction that doesn’t seem to affect Liverpool Utd, or Chelsea. I accept that Chelsea have a much smaller stadium, but those clubs that, like us, have a history of regular trophies, would not in my opinion suffer from the type of piss poor turnout that City endured last night.

We got 53,000 for what was effectively a re arranged midweek game against Shrewsbury with a team of kids. OK, 9000 of them were Shrewsbury fans but there wasnt an empty seat in the ground.

3 hours ago, The Guest said:

None of those United league titles were an obvious inevitably or a procession like City’s have been.

Umm - WHAT??!!

They won one title with the last kick of the season. They won another overtaking us in the final weeks. And last year ran the table to beat probably the greatest runners up in Prem history.

This year is a procession - not for them.

7 hours ago, Baltar said:

From Bluemoon:
"We just have to accept City's support as we knew it has gone. The passion in the main has evaporated destroyed by the incessant bile and negativity directed at the club and supporter base, apathy now prevails and Soriano and Co have a lot to answer for turning the Etihad into the 'Theatre of Cheese', we have arguably the oldest supporter base in the division and fans have had enough quite obviously, there is little or no fight left sadlyTheatre

Wish I could tell this Bluemooner to brie strong and stop feeling so blue I’m sure things will get feta soon.

• Upvote 1

The Maine Road fan base must still be there, by and large. I used to regard them as generally an ok bunch, they’d seem pretty sound when you met them. The vile comments on blue moon must be from a new generation of whoppers, it just doesn’t add up to me. I’m only going back to fans from the late 90’s,.

7 hours ago, M_B said:

As dockers_strike points out, the clubs base their figures on tickets sold. I would guess they sell a lot of tickets to folks in the UAE who can't always make it to the game.

...Shouldn't they report attendance, rather than tickets sold? 

3 minutes ago, Jennings said:

...Shouldn't they report attendance, rather than tickets sold? 

Nothing to stop them, us or anyone else reporting the number of tickets sold rather than through the turnstiles. If people dont turn up, that's their loss. Premier League and FA are ok with the practise.

If I remember right as far back as the 90s we used to report turnstile clicks but whichever way a club does it would result in inconsistencies ie fewer people but more ticket money.

1 hour ago, TheHowieLama said:

Umm - WHAT??!!

They won one title with the last kick of the season. They won another overtaking us in the final weeks. And last year ran the table to beat probably the greatest runners up in Prem history.

This year is a procession - not for them.

You need to read that sentence you quoted again I think.

28 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

Nothing to stop them, us or anyone else reporting the number of tickets sold rather than through the turnstiles. If people dont turn up, that's their loss. Premier League and FA are ok with the practise.

If I remember right as far back as the 90s we used to report turnstile clicks but whichever way a club does it would result in inconsistencies ie fewer people but more ticket money.

Yes, nothing to stop anyone reporting on tickets sold, I'm sure most clubs will do it, however I'm also sure most clubs don't have a super rich Sheikh who "buys" all the unsold tickets to add to all the other dodgy shite they've been doing.

Oh, this is amazing...

‘I think it looked worse on tv. Maybe those who were getting hit by the rain moved further back to avoid getting wet. Which would make it look emptier than it actually was’

So they moved to the empty seats further back you fucking halfwit? 

I am genuinely enjoying how utterly stupid they are.

Its ok, you’re not a big club or a big draw despite the best interest of a bunch of repressive dictators and crooks, it’s fine and ok to admit.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

Sterling crying about their players not getting Player of the Year.

In our two decades of dominance a Liverpool player won it only four times.

He also seemed to be waggling his massive arse at Madrid.

It all came to him too young. The money obviously but also the respect from others for the club he plays for, the atmosphere at big home games was probably all taken for granted. I think he realises now he plays for a lottery winning Wigan

Raheem Sterling believes Manchester City are "not treated with the same respect" as Liverpool.

The winger joined the Reds from Queens Park Rangers' Academy as a 15-year-old in February 2010, but left many fans upset when he forced through a £44million move to the Etihad in 2015 after turning down what  Brendan Rodgers had described as “an incredible deal” in terms of a new contract offer earlier in the year. 

He has now spoken to Spanish media outlet AS about the fact no City players won the Ballon d'Or of PFA Player of the Year awards despite claiming every domestic title last term. 

The 25-year-old said: "Especially in the last year where we have won the domestic quadruple including the league, to not have a player winning PFA Player of the Year kind of speaks for itself really.

"The award was given to a Liverpool player who had a fantastic season but I look at previous seasons as well when Yaya Touré scored 20 goals from midfield and he didn't win Player of the Year. 

"Also, Sergio Agüero has been at the club for more than seven years and has scored unbelievable goals during this time, yet none of City’s players have won it.

"I think that certain players are not treated in the same way when they are from different football clubs across the country and across the world over the past few seasons. The first year we won the league, De Bruyne was unbelievable and they gave it to another player.

"Every year we win a major trophy and it's given to an opposition player. It's that sort of thing that doesn’t depend on us, but we keep going."

Sterling was pushed for his thoughts about this and declared that City weren't treated with the same respect as Liverpool.

"It’s something everyone can see," he added.

"It is impossible to win the league for four or five times and none of the players were Player of the Year.

"Every team which wins the league has a player who wins Player of the Year, for sure.

"So, this year Liverpool win the league and a Liverpool player will win the Player of the Year for sure.

"We win the league for five times and we were not treated with the same respect."

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/raheem-sterling-says-man-city-17788548

Could be that people realise you're a bunch of cheating cunts. You cheating cunts. 

• Upvote 3