You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Man City - the new bitters?

Naz17

18 hours ago, Jimmy Hills Chin said:

Are the  Mancs getting much stick from other fans outside ours?

Dunno mate, I'm not into social media enough to know. But aside from our mates from county road, I can't see why everyone wouldn't want to rip them. 

18 hours ago, dockers_strike said:

I think the bitterness is far greater than last season. You can read the vitriol in any sports pages comments section. Loads of people want the 30 years without winning the title to go on and on and on.

It's the thing they believe makes their club superior to us, the 'yeah, we havent won it since 2004' or even since 1961 in Spurs case so as long as you dont win it, boo yah!

I think a lot are saying they're not interested is just another way they want to show their distain to go with their faux outrage.

Is it a weak league? How's that the case when city have lost 6 times in the league to sides mainly below them in the league? It wasnt a 'weak' league when they were beating west ham 5-0, watford 8-0 or when they were losing 3-2 to Norwich and 2-0 to wolves. Is it a 'weak' league because Leicester are up to 3rd? There's always a surprise team in the league and this year's looks to be Sheffield United.

I guess the proof of the pudding is in the eating whether it's a 'weak' league will be at the end of the season if all three relegated clubs have less than about 35 points and all the other teams are 10 points off the corresponding position for last season.

Conversely, if it's a 'weak' league, shouldnt all the clubs below the European qualifiers and above the relegation spots all have MORE points than those corresponding positions in previous seasons?

I'll be delighted for Rodgers and Gerrard if city get the 2014 title taken off them and it's awarded to us. Cannot really see it though. Dont know why people wouldnt want Rodgers to have won the title, it's no slant on Jurgen or anything.

Surely the measure of the leagues quality can only be in how it compares to other leagues, unless all of a sudden we're supposed to believe they don't count either?

Last season we had all 4 finalists in the European competitions.

This year, everybody has qualified in both the CL and EL.

Man City are broadly seen (despite them being cheating cunts) as the best side in the history of English football and have only been eliminated from European competition in the last 2 seasons when they've met another English side.

Since klopp was manager Liverpool have only lost European ties in finals. Out of the 8 finalists in the uefa cup England have provided 4 places, winning 2 and have provided 3 finalist from the last 8 in the champions League, winning one. In the same time of the 5 major leagues, Italy have taken 1 of those 16 final births, France 1 and Germany none.  Only Spain competes providing 6 finalists to England's 7, while taking 5 trophies to England's 3. But the tradjectory is in going towards England. 

It would feel to me with all the evidence we have available to us at this moment in time, English football is about as strong as it has ever been, is either the strongest or 2nd strongest in Europe depending how you want to measure it. Any idea we are winning a weak league is just a bunch of bad losers trying to reason why our win has no value. 

• Upvote 6

Just now, Philtrum said:

Wasn't that because the runners up also cheated? We can go round in circles here. I think this and you think that. Fair enough. 

We ll, its not what I think.

It is what happened -- yes Milan were also punished. They could have given it to Inter that year as well as they came third but didn't.

7 minutes ago, Barry Wom said:

Dunno mate, I'm not into social media enough to know. But aside from our mates from county road, I can't see why everyone wouldn't want to rip them. 

Surely the measure of the leagues quality can only be in how it compares to other leagues, unless all of a sudden we're supposed to believe they don't count either?

Last season we had all 4 finalists in the European competitions.

This year, everybody has qualified in both the CL and EL.

Man City are broadly seen (despite them being cheating cunts) as the best side in the history of English football and have only been eliminated from European competition in the last 2 seasons when they've met another English side.

Since klopp was manager Liverpool have only lost European games in finals. Out of the 8 finalists in the uefa cup England have provided 4 places, winning 2 and have provided 3 finalist from the last 8 in the champions League, winning one. In the same time of the 5 major leagues, Italy have taken 1 of those 16 final births, France 1 and Germany none.  Only Spain competes providing 6 finalists to England's 7, while taking 5 trophies to England's 3. 

It would feel to me with all the evidence we have available to us at this moment in time, English football is about as strong as it has ever been, is either the strongest or 2nd strongest in Europe depending how you want to measure it. Any idea we are winning a weak league is just a bunch of bad losers trying to reason why our win has no value. 

In the first half of the decade, people said La Liga was shite when Barcelona were historically good and Real Madrid (and periodically Atletico) were the only challengers. And that was during a period when Sevilla dominated the Europa League. It was by far the best league in the world.

It's the same scenario in the Premier League now. Two absolute juggernauts at the top and the other big sides are doing very well in Europe, yet people inexplicably think the league is weak. In short, people don't know what the fuck they're talking about. 

• Upvote 2

Just now, TheHowieLama said:

We ll, its not what I think.

It is what happened -- yes Milan were also punished. They could have given it to Inter that year as well as they came third but didn't.

But it has been done, so it's not like the Olympics is my point, it's like football. 

Not that I think it will happen of course it's just a bit of fun. 

• Upvote 1

The usual reasoning for people claiming the league is weak this year (note not last year when City were amazing and four teams got to the European finals) is that the so-called big teams are a bit rubbish.  But that does a massive disservice to Leicester, Sheff Utd, and Wolves. Was it a weak league when Leeds won it, and Blackburn, and Man Utd in the mid 90s because we were a bit shit, Chelsea were nowhere,  Tottenham were nowhere, Arsenal were scrambling about?  No of course not, that's just the nature of football and no one has a divine right to be challenging at the top.  It's a bullshit argument that some are making to help themselves feel better about how good we are, it's eating them up inside. 

Article in the Grauniad about  the penalty for their systemic  cheating

“A lot of City fans are feeling that their club has been made a scapegoat. We feel there’s a bit of jealousy, a bit of conspiracy, because Uefa have always had it in for us,”

And lots more in a similar vein.

Always the victims. Ha fucking Ha

Michael Brown -- dozy cunt

"The money has certainly put them on a platform," said Brown. "But you've got to look at the planning, the appointment of Pep Guardiola, the purchases of football clubs all around the world, it's been an amazing turnaround. Yes, there's been financial help, but what've they've done as a football club, what they've done on the pitch, the way they've gone about it, I think they've been first class.

"They've been honourable how they've gone about it, as usual like Manchester City."

I reckon the cheating bastards will get it overturned due to how the information was obtained.

Them not denying the emails/charges etc is a clever strategy. You start denying it, looks like you have something to hide - simply saying you’re not acknowledging stolen documents gives nothing away, and IMO they'll get it overturned on that point - how the info was obtained.

Personally, I think if city were going to stand any chance of having the 'leaked' emails thrown out as non admissable, CAS will have accepted that argument during city's appeal \ plea \ whatever you want to call it and, rejected UEFA's disciplinary body's case and claim. But they didnt.

From where Im standing, CAS very much think there's a case for city to answer and they arent UEFA's puppet.

• Upvote 1