You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Man City - the new bitters?

Naz17

Hugely speculative but, yes please. The fume at the mere suggestion will be glorious!

"Manchester City will have to restructure their finances completely, potentially leading to the sale of leading players such as Raheem Sterling, Kevin De Bruyne and Aymeric Laporte, if the Court of Arbitration for Sport upholds the two-year ban from the Champions League imposed by UEFA's Club Financial Control Body.

City also face the possibility of being stripped of their Premier League title won in 2014 if a separate Premier League investigation were to find that they had breached financial rules, which City deny.

Manager Pep Guardiola is said to be supportive of the club's position and in no imminent danger of leaving, with the club maintaining they will be cleared of breaches of UEFA's Financial Fair Play rules.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-8008205/Manchester-Citys-Premier-League-title-2014-THREAT.html

45 minutes ago, Leyton388 said:

Cheating cunts robbed us of the title in 2014. I'd love for us to be handed that title. 

If it were to happen then the club should get the entire squad from 2014 together and throw a massive party with them being presented the medals and trophy. 

You wait 30 years to win a title then you win two in a matter of weeks!

1 hour ago, Leyton388 said:

Cheating cunts robbed us of the title in 2014. I'd love for us to be handed that title. 

If it were to happen then the club should get the entire squad from 2014 together and throw a massive party with them being presented the medals and trophy. 

If this were to happen it would be the strongest indicator yet theat we're living in a simulation. Season so far has been like a Liverpool fan's wet dream, being able to shove the "slippy g" memes down opposition fans throats would almost be too much for me to handle I think. Might all end up looking a bit like this

giphy.gif

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Anubis said:

Leicester fans getting a bit salty as well.

Unabomber     10,375

Unabomber

Must be awful being a Liverpool fan, they’ve not won the league in so long and when they do it’s the worst title race of all time and none of the other teams have turned up. Winning the league by default is not a big deal. At least there is a decent relegation battle on and a fight for the champions league. 

• Like 1

Michael SNM 1     0

Michael SNM 1
   1 hour ago,  Unabomber said: 

Must be awful being a Liverpool fan, they’ve not won the league in so long and when they do it’s the worst title race of all time and none of the other teams have turned up. Winning the league by default is not a big deal. At least there is a decent relegation battle on and a fight for the champions league. 

Read more  

When Leicester won the league all the big team were transitioning, I doubt anyone here cares

Unabomber     10,375

Unabomber
   1 hour ago,  Michael SNM 1 said: 

When Leicester won the league all the big team were transitioning, I doubt anyone here cares

Nah that’s bollocks. Liverpool are about 25 points clear in February - completely different scenario. 

The Bear     2,292

The Bear
   1 hour ago,  Ric Flair said: 

Norwich best be fcukin crap against us in a couple of weeks, can't be doing with them.

We have them next week at home. Nailed on 5-0 trouncing................... :please:

• Sad 1

twister     394

twister

the league reminds of celtics domination they win every week never look great

its a huge chasm of dominance, with city being in trouble I see a scottish league type dominance for a couple of years.

The Bear     2,292

The Bear

Must be awful being a Liverpool fan, they’ve not won the league in so long and when they do it’s the worst title race of all time and none of the other teams have turned up. Winning the league by default is not a big deal. At least there is a decent relegation battle on and a fight for the champions league. 

Read more  

Yeah must be awful being 25 points clear and winning every game. I'm amazed any of them turn up every home game. 

• Like 2

Facecloth     9,239

Facecloth

Read more  

Must be terrible that they look like they'll win every game bar one, and their only dropped points will be against their biggest rivals lol

• Like 1

Unabomber     10,375

Unabomber
   1 hour ago,  The Bear said: 

Yeah must be awful being 25 points clear and winning every game. I'm amazed any of them turn up every home game. 

Yeah just such a shit way to win it 

They won the league by 10 points with a total of 81. City will probably beat that this year. Yes I'm really hating this season because all the other teams are ordinary and we are fucking stupendous. Its making me so sad. 

1 hour ago, Leyton388 said:

Well,all the squad minus one present day city player as I don't think he'd come!

5 hours ago, Herp McDerp said:

If this were to happen it would be the strongest indicator yet theat we're living in a simulation. Season so far has been like a Liverpool fan's wet dream, being able to shove the "slippy g" memes down opposition fans throats would almost be too much for me to handle I think. Might all end up looking a bit like this

giphy.gif

I’m worried this is all going to be like “who shot JR” and It’s all been a wet dream.

• Upvote 1

For all Leicester's one off title and city's Aguero moment, wait until the day that Liverpool win the match that wins the league title and look at the partying afterwards. It will make your title wins look like you've just won the Muscial Chairs award at Charlie Jenkins' 8th birthday party.

They really have no idea how big this feels to Liverpool fans and how much it will mean. The fact that we are so far ahead means the sum total of fuck all. This is going to be awesome.

• Upvote 3

4 minutes ago, Tj hooker said:

They really would be far better recieved if they went down the contrition route , admit they have been caught with their hands in the till and throw themselves at UEFAs mercy , but that would require a slice of common sense which seems to be lacking at that bear pit .

More like a slice of humility which is completely devoid at the club at all levels. The tea ladies are probably a bunch of arrogant cunts.

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Jimmy Hills Chin said:

For all Leicester's one off title and city's Aguero moment, wait until the day that Liverpool win the match that wins the league title and look at the partying afterwards. It will make your title wins look like you've just won the Muscial Chairs award at Charlie Jenkins' 8th birthday party.

They really have no idea how big this feels to Liverpool fans and how much it will mean. The fact that we are so far ahead means the sum total of fuck all. This is going to be awesome.

It just means a party every week if we win it early. 

• Upvote 1

Can't see the rest of the article as I'm not subscribed but they're not gonna like the headline in The Times 

FOOTBALL | DAVID WALSH

Toughest punishment for Manchester City will not be exile from Champions League but knowing that, like Saracens and Team Sky, their triumphs are forever tainted

Us smashing the league and this city scandal has truly shown just how much the entire country hates out guts.

It's just constant fume and bile being directed towards our achievements and trying to undermine us. With the city city scandal every liverpool fan is having Heysel thrown in our faces as we a trying to claim the moral high ground yet the fucking idiots forget that people went to prison and the club took the punishment with no complaints unlike this lot who are owned by some of the biggest human rights abusers in the world and think they can do what they want when it's clear they have broken the rules.

I hope more than anything this is the beginning of the end for the utter scumnag club. All 19 other premier League clubs should not only vote to deduct historic points to strip them of the title but also vote to relegate them to league 2. 

If I was a chairman of a premier League club I would be pushing for that as they have made a mockery of English football and completely undermined its image. 

The years the FA have gone on about corruption in FIFA and all these years it was right under their own nose on their own doorstep makes them look like fools. 

Flush the turds back down where they belong. 

• Upvote 3

I'm am absolutely livid we've won so many games. Its just so fucking frustrating. Why oh why can't we just lose loads of games so we can REALLY enjoy the season. Everyone knows the best teams lose more games. Its just a fact. This title means nothing without losing at least 30-35 games a season.

37 minutes ago, Leyton388 said:

With the city city scandal every liverpool fan is having Heysel thrown in our faces as we a trying to claim the moral high ground

Maybe stop trying to claim the moral high ground. Stop engaging in tit for tat oneupmanship on the internet.

nobody has mentioned heysel to me.

• Upvote 2

Barney Ronay

For City supporters the response will no doubt be one of weary defiance. Perhaps there might be some gallows consolation to be found in the fact history suggests they don’t stand to lose too much in any case.

Read more

A few desultory midweek home games. A VAR-inspired outrage, with attendant basement conspiracy theories. A quarter-final defeat to a heavyweight European power where Pep Guardiola gets the tactics wrong and sits looking sad and frail in his dugout.

• Upvote 3

Guest Pistonbroke
54 minutes ago, Leyton388 said:

Us smashing the league and this city scandal has truly shown just how much the entire country hates out guts.

It's just constant fume and bile being directed towards our achievements and trying to undermine us. With the city city scandal every liverpool fan is having Heysel thrown in our faces as we a trying to claim the moral high ground yet the fucking idiots forget that people went to prison and the club took the punishment with no complaints unlike this lot who are owned by some of the biggest human rights abusers in the world and think they can do what they want when it's clear they have broken the rules.

I hope more than anything this is the beginning of the end for the utter scumnag club. All 19 other premier League clubs should not only vote to deduct historic points to strip them of the title but also vote to relegate them to league 2. 

If I was a chairman of a premier League club I would be pushing for that as they have made a mockery of English football and completely undermined its image. 

The years the FA have gone on about corruption in FIFA and all these years it was right under their own nose on their own doorstep makes them look like fools. 

Flush the turds back down where they belong. 

When teams are as good as ourselves then they are hated, same with the team in the 70's and 80's although less magnified due to no social media. Mancs were also hated, and to an extent Arsenal. Seems a bit weird that more hate is directed to us than there was to money bag teams like Chelsea and then City, especially when you see what the same people type about PSG/Real/Barca etc. Liverpool has always been a club of the people and multi cultural from early days due to the ports etc, little England don't like that. Their fume just unmasks their true grievances and it really makes no difference whatsoever as to what we are achieving. Fuck them. 

4 minutes ago, Pistonbroke said:

When teams are as good as ourselves then they are hated, same with the team in the 70's and 80's although less magnified due to no social media. Mancs were also hated, and to an extent Arsenal. Seems a bit weird that more hate is directed to us than there was to money bag teams like Chelsea and then City, especially when you see what the same people type about PSG/Real/Barca etc. Liverpool has always been a club of the people and multi cultural from early days due to the ports etc, little England don't like that. Their fume just unmasks their true grievances and it really makes no difference whatsoever as to what we are achieving. Fuck them. 

I tend to be in a bit of a bubble about this as I don't go on social media much and as such I get the fume mainly from stuff I read on here. It's a nice way to be as to be honest I can't be arsed dealing with people like that. 

• Upvote 2