You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Man City - the new bitters?

Naz17

4 hours ago, Captain Turdseye said:

If they are out of the CL, they’ll need to trim the wage bill or they won’t get back in due to FFP. The CL money is essential to them ‘complying’ already. 

4 hours ago, Leyton388 said:

The thing is they will need to cut costs in order to comply with FFP so they may have no choice plus the like of KDB isnt going to want to stick around with him being near 30.

They’ve got a smaller wage bill than us as it stands and it’s probably because most of the money they’re paying the manager and players won’t be coming from City.  They will just more of those wages off the books if necessary.  I will guarantee you now no players will leave due to this.

21 minutes ago, Pistonbroke said:

Pissing myself at these blerts. hahahaha. 

@BluePhil8

If the idea of an alternate to the CL is being poo-poo'd - how about a true international competition?
Following on from this idea, so it's not seen as a 'bridesmaid' competition we could also try to rope in the likes of Boca Juniors, River Plate, Corinthians, Independiente, Rangers and Celtic etc.

Fucking comical isn’t it.  Yeah all these clubs are going to want to join an alternate competition they’ve got no chance of winning because city can now spend infinite money against their mediocre money that sees them struggle to compete in the current format.  Never mind that it would not be allowed by UEFA or the national associations.  Fucking deluded cunts.

12 minutes ago, The Guest said:

Fucking comical isn’t it.  Yeah all these clubs are going to want to join an alternate competition they’ve got no chance of winning because city can now spend infinite money against their mediocre money that sees them struggle to compete in the current format.  Never mind that it would not be allowed by UEFA or the national associations.  Fucking deluded cunts.

Methinks they didnt think it through. Again!

Guest Pistonbroke
11 minutes ago, The Guest said:

Indeed. They also forget that their owners are not about losing money. Such a competition (not taking it seriously BTW, just playing along with their absurd game) would take years in the planning and would need a load of sponsors, match officials etc etc. They honestly think they can just click their fingers and their owners will stump up 200 Billion. They have to be the most deluded fans in World Football. 

1 hour ago, Anubis said:

Re: Lineker. Have the BBC been tapped up by City to defend them. On 5 Live before they were trying to make out that City had to spend big to get to the CL places, like a start up business. They were them banging on about how Amazon recorded big losses at first to get ahead. It’s mad the lengths they’re going to, to defend them.

Jeff Stelling on Sky:

”I am surprised by the outbreak of joy, it seems, that the English champions should be so punished”.

They really don’t get it the media do they? Proper football fans don’t like financially doped clubs, and those clubs don’t garner any admiration. In fact we see any success they have achieved as bought and not earned.

The way Sky and the BBC have reported this is a joke, they just say they’ve been found guilty of breaking ffp rules and misleading UEFA. They have been found guilty of cheating and that is what they should be reporting.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Vincent Vega said:

Jeff Stelling on Sky:

”I am surprised by the outbreak of joy, it seems, that the English champions should be so punished”.

They really don’t get it the media do they? Proper football fans don’t like financially doped clubs, and those clubs don’t garner any admiration. In fact we see any success they have achieved as bought and not earned.

The way Sky and the BBC have reported this is a joke, they just say they’ve been found guilty of breaking ffp rules and misleading UEFA. They have been found guilty of cheating and that is what they should be reporting.

He’s  a bit of a bellend is Jeff the other week he was having a go at us over the Shrewsbury replay, disrespecting the Cup , playing the kids, winter break causing Coronavirus blah blah blah but failing to grasp that Sky are the main architects of said Cup competition becoming shit and creating fake inflated clubs like Chelsea and City

BBC Breakfast

Football finance expert Dr Rob Wilson talking to BBC Breakfast: "It’s huge. It’s absolutely huge. I think seismic is probably the best word to use for it. While Manchester City might have expected what was coming, I don't think they really anticipated a two-year ban.

"Put the fine to the side for a minute because that’s a bit of change for them really, but if you look at how it’s going to have implications on other sides around Europe, their player recruitment strategy, not to mention whether their manager is going to stay on, do they want to have a team that doesn’t play Champions League football. It’s going to make it very difficult and murky waters for them to wade through.

"I think the issue for me, it is more moral and ethical. We can argue about whether regulations are legal or not but Manchester City signed up for those regulations, they agreed to play to those set of rules. What they’ve done over the last few years, it seems, is have a bigger goal to score into. I think the penalties are absolutely justified, I might have gone further actually and given them a bigger ban and a bigger fine because when you look at others teams there is a status quo now and you can’t break into that."

1 hour ago, Babb'sBurstNad said:

A choice take from the Blue Moonies

City may have broken rules but the issue here should not be what City did in that regard but the fact that the rules need breaking. Once upon a time it was legal to have slaves; laws / rules are not always (morally) correct and the world and history are full of examples of that.

I'd particularly ban any journo applying the term financial doping to MCFC: it does not apply. All City's owner has done is try to invest in his business to make it competitive. 

Jesus. Do they know who their owners are?