You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Man City - the new bitters?

Naz17

Dickheads like Linekar lick the balls of City because they want to make sure that they can still access to Pep and their team. He can have a go at us because middle England hates us so if anything he's getting kudos from a lot of gobshites from across the country.

I'm looking forward to Keano and Souey discuss it. They won't tow the line like Linekar, Spud or She Ra. 

4 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

Why are United called rags?

They lent them shirts at one point when United were skint, after WW2 and Old Trafford was bombed, IIRC, and hilariously they gave them less than pristine gear. Even more hilariously they used this as a stick to beat them with.

Small time cunts.

• Upvote 1

Guest Pistonbroke
23 minutes ago, Babb'sBurstNad said:

Pretty sure he meant Bayern. The story doing the rounds is that us, Utd and Bayern are the ones behind this. We've supposedly been collectively pressuring UEFA to do something about City.

16 minutes ago, manwiththestick said:

I think you're right. They call Utd "rags" which they used in the same sentence which would then be odd referring to one club twice.

Fair enough, he can still fuck off for the pathetic dipper shite. 

Abu Dhabi got involved with City as a promotional tool to deflect from their human rights abuses and corruption and to portray their country in a good light. I'm pretty sure it wasn't because of a love for the sport.

At the point it becomes clear they are just magnifying those things by being obviously corrupt in the way City is run will they just fuck it off?

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Turkish Delight said:

Abu Dhabi got involved with City as a promotional tool to deflect from their human rights abuses and corruption and to portray their country in a good light. I'm pretty sure it wasn't because of a love for the sport.

At the point it becomes clear they are just magnifying those things by being obviously corrupt in the way City is run will they just fuck it off?

Was going to post similar. The Manchester City project is up there with the worst PR campaigns ever.

Of course, it couldn’t happen to a more wonderful regime. 

On the Guardiola stay or go issue, I think he'll stay and this has made it more likely.  He's so obsessed with his own image that he won't want this as a stain on his character both in terms of admitting wrongdoing but also not wanting to be seen as leaving a sinking ship. 

3 minutes ago, Moo said:

On the Guardiola stay or go issue, I think he'll stay and this has made it more likely.  He's so obsessed with his own image that he won't want this as a stain on his character both in terms of admitting wrongdoing but also not wanting to be seen as leaving a sinking ship. 

I agree. The players are a different matter though. Those in their prime will be off if the ban holds

4 minutes ago, Moo said:

The most honourable thing he could do is resign. He won't. 

1 minute ago, The Guest said:

I can’t see the players leaving.  They will all be getting paid twice as much as anyone else will be willing to pay them and City just don’t sell players that they don’t want to.  They don’t need the money obviously.

If they are out of the CL, they’ll need to trim the wage bill or they won’t get back in due to FFP. The CL money is essential to them ‘complying’ already. 

3 minutes ago, The Guest said:

I can’t see the players leaving.  They will all be getting paid twice as much as anyone else will be willing to pay them and City just don’t sell players that they don’t want to.  They don’t need the money obviously.

The thing is they will need to cut costs in order to comply with FFP so they may have no choice plus the like of KDB isnt going to want to stick around with him being near 30.

3 hours ago, chrisbonnie said:

I'll probably get negged for this, 

But isn't the ffp rule just a ply to keep the status quo in football. As in, never allowing smaller clubs the chance to compete at a higher level? 

Say for instance I miraculously come across 20 billion pound, why shouldn't I be able to spend it on making Liverpool the greatest team since sliced bread, or even my local team here in Ireland, shamrock rovers? 

I personally think an annual wage cap is the real answer to ffp. 

It's easy to be cynical and to see it that way yes.

The rules were officially brought in to ensure clubs remained financially healthy. At the time, it was felt there was a worrying trend that clubs would spend more than they earned in order to remain competitive on the pitch. Those rules didn't account for sugar daddies.

But even with a sugar daddy, the rules remain prudent. Without them, there would be nothing to prevent you using your 20 billion to burden the club with a debt to yourself.

This reminds me in some respects of how we dealt with the Suarez/Evra situation. I’m not talking about whether Suarez actually did it as that has been done to death, rather the respective responses from the clubs. 

At the time I was all for taking the FA to court and slagging everyone off in the press, but I’m just a fan and we always want that. In reality cooler heads should prevail at the club and deal it with quietly and professionally.  

In retrospect it would have been much better just releasing a statement saying we wouldn’t comment while investigations were ongoing and then going on the offensive behind closed doors. All the stuff with the players wearing the T-shirts in support etc... just poisoned the atmosphere around it all even more. 

Since then we’ve learnt to do our business quietly and influence things behind the scenes like the Mancs did under Ferguson. 

City are making the same mistakes being so belligerent about the whole thing and doing stuff like complaining about Uefa leaking to the press while they leak things to the press themselves, similarly the statement they released was ridiculous and I doubt it’ll impress people at the CAS, it would have been much better for them releasing a less combative statement and saving their arguments for the appeal. 

As it is stands now they look deranged blaming Uefa for being judge, jury and executioner. I mean, who else was meant to enforce the Uefa rules and bring charges if they had evidence of wrongdoing?

I’m not bothered if they get the ban reduced to one year, the symbolism of having the guilty verdict upheld and permanently tarring their reputation as the cheating cunts they are is all important. 

• Upvote 11

28 minutes ago, Pistonbroke said:

Fair enough, he can still fuck off for the pathetic dipper shite. 

Shut up and eat out of a bin you dipper twat, we're rich as FUCK HAHHHAHAHAHAHAHAHH. 

Such twats. Classy people would give the shirts to the Mancs and never mention it again. These are not classy people. They're actually very nasty on that forum. I don't know if that represents them in their real lives, but if it does then they need to take a step back. 

41 minutes ago, Special K said:

Just seen that one. Blocked it immediately.

Fucking sick

Yep and Tracie Anne-Oberman got my account banned for asking her if she thought Israels genocide of Palestinians is as important as some idiot being anti-semitic on Twitter. Twitter is a cunt. So is she. 

• Like 1