You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Man City - the new bitters?

Naz17

Just now, Nelly-Torres said:

Some journo on Twitter is mentioning an overlooked angle. City recently sold a 10% equity share to US investors, Silver Lake. What did City tell these investors? Did they lie to them? Did they give them reassurances about there being no real danger of a Champions League ban? 

If the ban is upheld, will these investors lawyer up and want out? 

And if they get done domestically 

2012 beat the red mancs on GD to title

2013 finished 2nd 6pts ahead of spurs in 5th

2014 bear us to title by 2pts

2016 beat the red mancs to last champions league spot on GD

Any wrong doing could open them up to loss of money from them clubs

Guest Pistonbroke

Be great if Sheff United nab a CL spot off the back of this. Red mancs and Ole been given a lifeline as well, the cunts. Hope Chelsea biff the cunts on Monday...(feel dirty now) 

Guest Pistonbroke
Just now, magicrat said:

I'll crack open the champagne once their appeal goes down.  Apparently they have hired a small army of sports lawyers to take it to arbitration.  I fear it will all get watered down . 

If they are guilty they are guilty mate. I can't see the ban being watered down in any way. 

53 minutes ago, BCM said:

If anyone thinks this will stand i have some magic beans for sale......

There is supposed to be an ongoing investigation  from the FA, Premier league, UEFA and FIFA.  Unless this is the outcome of all investigations there should be more to follow....

Well thats if the domestic associations have the balls.....

Why is buying magic beans bad? I've never understood this..they're magic. You buy a few beans, by tomorrow you have a giant beanstalk, you climb it and get gold coins, a goose.that lays golden eggs and a harp that plays itself. It seems to me buying magic beans is neither naive or poor value. I'd say whoever chooses the magic beans is the wise one. 

4 minutes ago, Nelly-Torres said:

Some journo on Twitter is mentioning an overlooked angle. City recently sold a 10% equity share to US investors, Silver Lake. What did City tell these investors? Did they lie to them? Did they give them reassurances about there being no real danger of a Champions League ban? 

If the ban is upheld, will these investors lawyer up and want out? 

I would also say and maybe more importantly, if they were telling the investors about revenue streams that aren't really revenue streams, you are placing a value on the club based on its revenues. If the revenue is just the owner putting his own money in and it's not a legitimate cash flow and it's just there in order to bloat the books and increase the value of the company, is that not fraud and the very definition of money laundering? 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, dockers_strike said:

Wow, seeing some pretty despicable comments from city fans directed at Liverpool. Apparently we smashed up city's bus twice last year on route to the CL final!

But the clincher was we only got 3 years more for 'killing' 39 fans so that proves how bent UEFA are. They truely are scum.

We got a 7 year ban if i remember correctly with the other english clubs getting 5. 

4 minutes ago, Heinze said:

Rent free

Screenshot_20200215-084053_Chrome.jpg

They could be European Champions, World champions, Premier League Champions elect with a 22 point lead, and the best team in the world? Yeah, thank fuck you’re you and not us, what with your ‘being found out for cheating and getting banned’ stuff. 

22 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

And if they get done domestically 

2012 beat the red mancs on GD to title

2013 finished 2nd 6pts ahead of spurs in 5th

2014 bear us to title by 2pts

2016 beat the red mancs to last champions league spot on GD

Any wrong doing could open them up to loss of money from them clubs

What about losses incurred by individuals? Becoming the manager who broke Liverpool Football Club's title duck could be worth a lot in contract negotiations.

image.jpeg.2329bc39653a6bf1d246284d493e93cc.jpeg

• Upvote 2