You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Man City - the new bitters?

Naz17

35 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

If they stripped their title from last year, like fuck would I want it handed to us. 

Sorry mate I disagree. This is like Ben Johnson winning gold at the Olympics while doped, him being banned and saying the silver, bronze and 4th placed athlete who missed out should retain their positions and not move up the medal table.

It's like Sharon Davies losing the swimming gold medal at the Olympics to a doped East German swimmer.

It's like Lance Armstrong winning 7 Le Tours when doped and successfully masking it from the authorities and the rest of the competitors who should rightly have won those titles.

Those cheats all won titles and stopped other 'clean' competitors from rightfully winning and taking the top honour.

If the PL were to uphold UEFA's decision and strip city of their titles, then, every Premier League club who finished second to them in the relevant years should be awarded the title. And that includes even if it is manchester united.

Cheats should never, ever prosper in sport and neither should 'clean' competitors miss out or be blocked from an honour when the cheats are brought to book.

• Upvote 2

Guest Pistonbroke

Hahahahahaha........

I was deep into Narcos Mexico and the young lad ran in to tell me the good news and that there was a game on. Now watching Wolves v Leicester with a big grin on my face. Finally their fucking blatant disregard towards FFP is biting them in their cheating arse. UEFA aren't stupid, their case must be pretty solid, can't see City getting out of this. hopefully they'll try and the ban is extended. 

Surely the FA has to act as well, otherwise their incompetence will be there for all to see.

Bye Pep you bald fraud, can't see him staying and hopefully their better players will fuck off. Cheeky bid for KDB. 

1 minute ago, andyj said:

i think the FA will wait for the outcome of the appeal but i do think they will be under some pressure to act but what can they really do ?

Deduct points this season and fine them. It'll mean fuck all in the grand scheme of things, as they'd have no CL to qualify for  next season anyway!

It'd warn the club that the Premier League has acknowledged the breaches and they are being monitored for future offences though. 

City having to play fair would bring them back to the pack too. Especially after the exodus that's going to occur after this. 

Guest Pistonbroke

Relegate the cunts back down to division one so they can brag about having the biggest crowd and cry themselves to sleep at night. It's been a long time coming and I doubt many true fans will have any sympathy for them. I tell you what, our game against them at their place is going to be toxic as fuck, plus the City of Manchester Police are shite. Their fans/team are in for some stick for the rest of the season, I#m not sure if the neanderthals are capable of dealing with it. 

Guest Pistonbroke
3 minutes ago, Leyton388 said:

None of their top players are going to stay and play no CL for 2 seasons.

Sterling might if they up his wages enough. 

Guest Pistonbroke
1 minute ago, MegadriveMan said:

Can see his agent agitating for a move to the best team in the league.

He can fuck off...odds on Real or red Mancs bidding this summer? 

If anyone thinks this will stand i have some magic beans for sale......

23 minutes ago, Leyton388 said:

The FA and Premier League need to open an investigation now as their cheating has completely warped and undermined the credibility of english football. 

Strip them of their titles and relegate them to the championship.

There is supposed to be an ongoing investigation  from the FA, Premier league, UEFA and FIFA.  Unless this is the outcome of all investigations there should be more to follow....

Well thats if the domestic associations have the balls.....

12 minutes ago, Einch said:

Are City claiming that CAS agreed with their original appeal? Didn’t sound like it to me. 

CAS dismissed city's 'appeal' to get the case thrown out. CAS supported UEFA's disciplinary committee hearing the case for breach of FFP and dismissed city's claim that UEFA had briefed or leaked details of it to the media.