You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Man City - the new bitters?

Naz17

17 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

If they stripped their title from last year, like fuck would I want it handed to us. 

I get this and I don't get it. If athletes or cyclists are caught doping, their titles are withdrawn and given to the next-placed competitor. There's loads of examples. Why should this be any different? If they cheated, they cheated. Sure, it'll be a hollow title, but so what? It won't devalue anything. 

Or am I missing something? Why is it only a European championship ban? Because only UEFA have investigated it? Surely with a finding of guilt, the FA should now act? 

No. Sorry. If they cheated, they can fuck off. They cheated. They can fuck off. 

1 minute ago, rb14 said:

I get this and I don't get it. If athletes or cyclists are caught doping, their titles are withdrawn and given to the next-placed competitor. There's loads of examples. Why should this be any different? If they cheated, they cheated. Sure, it'll be a hollow title, but so what? It won't devalue anything. 

Or am I missing something? Why is it only a European championship ban? Because only UEFA have investigated it? Surely with a finding of guilt, the FA should now act? 

The premier league and FA haven’t got the bollocks to do anything, unfortunately 

1 minute ago, rb14 said:

I just wouldn't want it. Void the season. 

European Championship? Fuck me they'll be banned from Wimbledon next 

• Upvote 1

Blues sticking together.

BlueLou82 said: 
Everton fan here.

This is a disgrace. Yes you broke rules but the owner wouldnt have to do that if he was just allowed to fund his own club without having to resort to getting creative.

The whole rule is designed to keep the same little cartel at the top and close the door to anyone else. How can a rule that only allows you to spend what you earn help anyone but those who are already at the top? It doesnt, but thats the whole point.

I hope your owner wipes the floor with them in court or on appeal and gets rid of the whole FFP rule - its a sham

5 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

I just wouldn't want it. Void the season. 

European Championship? Fuck me they'll be banned from Wimbledon next 

I want it

I want the Rodgers one aswell. 

Jumping from 18 to 21 in a few months. The fume and crying of gifts from the red mancs would be fantastic 

They'd already spent the GDP of a small nation before 2012 and had a title-winning team too. So they were effectively allowed to spend their way into the CL and have the basis of a top club before any of these rules came into effect.

They didn't have to play catch-up at this point- they were already there. 

2 minutes ago, andyj said:

thing that gets me is they were warned the last time they were caught out that if they did it again they would have the book thrown at them 

Just exposes the mentality of their dictator owner who is used to doing what he wants with no consequences. 

I fully expect some UEFA official to disappear inside an embassy soon. 

1 minute ago, Leyton388 said:

The FA and Premier League need to open an investigation now as their cheating has completely warped and undermined the credibility of english football. 

Strip them of their titles and relegate them to the championship.

The Championship is to good for them. Relegate them to the SPL

1 minute ago, Leyton388 said:

The FA and Premier League need to open an investigation now as their cheating has completely warped and undermined the credibility of english football. 

Strip them of their titles and relegate them to the championship.

i think the FA will wait for the outcome of the appeal but i do think they will be under some pressure to act but what can they really do ?

3 minutes ago, andyj said:

thing that gets me is they were warned the last time they were caught out that if they did it again they would have the book thrown at them 

And they admitted guilt that time. It'll definitely count against them with the inevitable appeals.