You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Man City - the new bitters?

Naz17

44 minutes ago, Jennings said:

The maths about ....this ground and ....that ground ....is killing me. I just want us to win it. I don't care when. I don't care where.

I'd prefer we didn't win it on a day we're not playing. Shame about the 6th round of the cup as as the fixtures stand now, that had the potential to be a cracking day with city playing in the early game and us in the late, I'd have been made up with either of them. 

1 hour ago, Barry Wom said:

They can't play West ham I don't think till way into April. They're not allowed to play midweek on any European weeks, there's an international break somewhere too. They've 2 matches to play and I think mid to late April and the midweek before the season finishes are the only gaps left. 

Actually, isn't the rule that the FA (possibly the clubs involved) get fined a paltry amount? I seem to remember games happening in the past on a CL night due to some fixture congestion. If they're knocked out by Real Madrid, they may well have a spare Tuesday or Wednesday to play the game. 

1 minute ago, Mcfaggen said:

Actually, isn't the rule that the FA (possibly the clubs involved) get fined a paltry amount? I seem to remember games happening in the past on a CL night due to some fixture congestion. If they're knocked out by Real Madrid, they may well have a spare Tuesday or Wednesday to play the game. 

Someone posted on here recently that the rule has been changed. I deffo remember us playing on euro nights in the league in the past, but apparently you can't now. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Barry Wom said:

Someone posted on here recently that the rule has been changed. I deffo remember us playing on euro nights in the league in the past, but apparently you can't now. 

I think you can play games it's just they can't be televised. I assume as this was to be televised Sky will want to show it at some stage. May need to play it next week.

UEFA dont like what they class as a country's premier division games played on the same nights as the CL and EL. They used to fine national associations who did schedule their premier divisions games that clashed with their competitions.

But Im pretty sure a few leagues got on to UEFA and pointed out that with the later stages of both the CL and EL are now spread over a number of weeks and, all the international breaks, there were very few free dates in the calendar when re arranged games could be played.

UEFA have never been able to stop the scheduling of league games, they could only issue fines. Im not certain if they listened to reason or still issue the fines. If they do, the PL is rich enough to pay whatever they are.

The problem for city is there are very few if any free dates if they progress in both the CL and FA cup which moves to a midweek format from this next round only.

Tv has just shown some pictures outside the ground after their game was postponed due to the UK storm. Those circular walkways to get into the stadium are littered with hellenic city supporters, leicester & rugby area supporters, hull area supporters etc! Really, they're so insecure they have to show outside the ground where their supporter groups are located?

2 hours ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

City too fucking thick to change their passwords so former employees cant still access it.

Yeah I agree but it is still illegal to go back in to your previous employers databases after you've left though! We've not covered ourselves in glory in this affair!

City can still go and fuck themselves like!

They truly are vermin. Especially that lot on Bluemoon. Football apparently was amazing last season. This season it's corrupt, tainted etc. all because we've blown them away and these mongs are trying to discredit our achievements. They really are the sorest of losers. Fuck them and their shitty club. Whenever these idiots talk about ethics and corruption, just point at their fucking owners who have slave labour in their country and have caused hundreds of thousands of people to die in Yemen with their involvement in the conflict there.

1 hour ago, Baltar said:

They truly are vermin. Especially that lot on Bluemoon. Football apparently was amazing last season. This season it's corrupt, tainted etc. all because we've blown them away and these mongs are trying to discredit our achievements. They really are the sorest of losers. Fuck them and their shitty club. Whenever these idiots talk about ethics and corruption, just point at their fucking owners who have slave labour in their country and have caused hundreds of thousands of people to die in Yemen with their involvement in the conflict there.

Do we lay the injustices and corruption of the Trump shit-show at the feet of FSG. Bit excessive imo mate.