You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Man City - the new bitters?

Naz17

8 hours ago, Tony Moanero said:

Shite, that!

Why, exactly?

It seems a very sensible decision. If we're going to have a winter break, and I think most of us agree that it's a good idea, then why not stagger it over two weeks? That way you get to watch some football both weekends, but every team will have almost 2 weeks off right after the busy part of the schedule to recover.

I can't see any reason why it would be better to have all the teams off the same week.

• Upvote 3

59 minutes ago, Stickman said:

Let’s hope this stormy weather doesn’t effect the crowd figures at the Etihad ..Although I’m sure come 6.30pm  it’ll be a full house 

11 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

Game's been postponed due to the 'storm.'

So, the attendance won't be affected much then.

12 minutes ago, kop77 said:

conspiracy to cause City a fixture pile up later in the season, bluemoon

Wouldnt surprise me one jot if their eejits say that. The fact is with these conditions it benefits them to have the game postponed. Any game today is likely to be a lottery with sodden pitches and the wind blowing the ball anywhere. It would make playing football nigh on impossible.

On 07/02/2020 at 15:30, John102 said:

My favourite bit is where they seem to compare it to the Jimmy Saville scandal.

As someone else said, quite quite mad

Imagine if there was a Premier League football club complicit in a Savile-esque sexual abuse scandal...

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/feb/15/manchester-city-barry-bennell-warning

16 hours ago, Heinze said:

Yep

images (5).jpeg

I like how he tries to blend in so nobody notices him. 

3 hours ago, manwiththestick said:

Premier League conspiracy so that Liverpool can go 25 points clear next week and put more pressure on the unfortunate cherubs.

And if we do that, a possible 28 points when city miss their league game to play in the league cup final.

We need 6 more wins unless city drop points somewhere, they can't drop points if they don't play and they can't play their games in hand till after we go there, so the conspiracy would seem to point a finger at fixing it for us to win it at the emptihad to make some good telly (or delay it like man united did to them 2 years ago).... Which becomes more possible if we both miss games over the weekend of the 6th round of the cup when we're due to play palace. 

20mph winds in Manchester right now according to BBC website. We play half our home games in winds that strong, including the Southampton game. Can’t expect Pep’s prima donnas to have to perform in inclement weather. Sheffield United, different kettle of fish 

1 hour ago, Barry Wom said:

And if we do that, a possible 28 points when city miss their league game to play in the league cup final. 

We play first the weekend after that too so if we win the next 4 they'd go to United at least 31 points behind us unless the West Ham game is played before then.

We could do with them taking something off Leicester or a United win there would mean us winning the league that day.

2 hours ago, Turkish Delight said:

We play first the weekend after that too so if we win the next 4 they'd go to United at least 31 points behind us unless the West Ham game is played before then.

We could do with them taking something off Leicester or a United win there would mean us winning the league that day.

They can't play West ham I don't think till way into April. They're not allowed to play midweek on any European weeks, there's an international break somewhere too. They've 2 matches to play and I think mid to late April and the midweek before the season finishes are the only gaps left. 

6 minutes ago, Barry Wom said:

They can't play West ham I don't think till way into April. They're not allowed to play midweek on any European weeks, there's an international break somewhere too. They've 2 matches to play and I think mid to late April and the midweek before the season finishes are the only gaps left. 

Hopefully that will fuck them up if they get past Real Madrid in the Champions League.