You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Man City - the new bitters?

Naz17

I was surprised to see that City have conceded from 29 of the 186 shots they've faced this season, a rate of 15.6%, which is the worst by any club since records began (2003). I remember this stat being used as a stick to beat Mignolet with. Does it mean that Ederson is rubbish too?

1 hour ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

I was surprised to see that City have conceded from 29 of the 186 shots they've faced this season, a rate of 15.6%, which is the worst by any club since records began (2003). I remember this stat being used as a stick to beat Mignolet with. Does it mean that Ederson is rubbish too?

Maybe Alison is sharing some of Achterberg's advice with Ederson the way kids feed dinner they don't want to the dog?

6 minutes ago, No2 said:

Maybe Alison is sharing some of Achterberg's advice with Ederson the way kids feed dinner they don't want to the dog?

" HEY Ederson, you know what John has been teaching me at Melwood? When the ball comes in the box- panic like fuck. Defenders love it."

15 hours ago, elvis said:

massively overrated Beatle wannabe , shit singer shit songwriter

Wanker of a human being 

A bit unfair. He never wrote his songs, he just 'borrowed' them from older, better bands and repurposed them.

Oh, and also he borrowed from a kids' show's theme tune.

Image result for you and me kids show"

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

I think Ederson is ordinary at best. I've been saying since he joined city, he barely saves a thing. I didn't realise his success rate was so high. And when Ming was getting hammered and rightly so, he'd conceded something like 80% of 1st shots on target over about a year. 

• Upvote 1

48 minutes ago, Barry Wom said:

I think Ederson is ordinary at best. I've been saying since he joined city, he barely saves a thing. I didn't realise his success rate was so high. And when Ming was getting hammered and rightly so, he'd conceded something like 80% of 1st shots on target over about a year. 

Mignolet was letting in more than he was saving for two years.   In no way comparable to Ederson, who's clearly much superior.   

I think Ederson flatters to deceive somewhat due to his passing ability.

His percentage of shots on target saved (about 65%) this season is towards the bottom of the league, below Leno, Fabianski and the like. His average for his whole time at City isn't much better. He doesn't make many big mistakes, but he's not stopping a great deal either. Bit of the Pickford arms about him when he dives.

The point of Ederson is that he's a sweeper and great with his feet. That makes him valuable. Shot stopping seems to be a bit variable anyway even for great keepers season to season.

De Gea has had some awful stretches in the last two seasons where he couldn't save a thing and was throwing the ball into the net and he's one of the best shot stoppers in the world.

They’re signing Messi aren’t they?

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2020/feb/05/lionel-messi-barcelona-eric-abidal-patience-snapped?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other

Messi has a clause in his contract that allows him to leave at the end of the season – and for free. As Abidal admitted, all he has to do is communicate that in May. The 32-year-old has said repeatedly he wants to finish his career at Barcelona but has also said he wants to compete and over the past five years he has felt increasingly like Barça do not. Nor does he have long left: at December’s Ballon d’Or presentation for the first time he raised the question of retirement. There is a growing feeling his final years are being wasted and Messi is not immune to that feeling.

5 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

Messi trying to force their hand to spend and give him more money. He just wants them to buy Neymar/Mbappe and some defenders

How so? Transfer window is closed! If he was to leave, he would need to notify them in May (before it reopens).