You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Man City - the new bitters?

Naz17

On 27/01/2020 at 14:41, sir roger said:

I think Pep is putting his ducks in a row before jibbing them for PSG.

He's gone full WUM now:

Praising us. 

Publicly supporting Klopps decision with the replay. 

Slagging off the emptyhad. 

Calling United an incredible club with incredible history. 

I can feel the blue moon fume from here, some fans are calling for his head because "he doesn't get the club". Best manager they've had in their entire history and they want rid because he doesn't have the same small-time bitter mentality that the fans do. 

I also thought his other quote was interesting, "When I came here I learned how important the league and the cup is, more important than the Champions League."

Their fans still holding a grudge against UEFA and booing because of that one time about 7 years ago they rightly got punished for breaking FFP, the punishment being a small fine and having to play with a slightly smaller squad. And now pep is having to indirectly point out their stubbornness in the media. 

Will be funny when he leaves for a club with fans that actually want to achieve something outside the borders of their own country. 

• Upvote 1

They’ve been bullshitting their “attendances” for ages.  The figure from the other day will be exaggerated as well even though the official figure was low anyway.  The problem clearly isn’t money either despite what they claim.  The reduced prices for the cup game show it.  If I were to guess it’s because they’re fucking boring.  There’s no sport to what they’re doing and have done.  There has always been accusations of teams “buying” the league but it’s never been in the manner they’ve done it in.

It’s like when Del Boy wins the lottery he soon finds out it’s not what it’s cracked up to be or turning a cheat code on in a computer game.  What’s the point any more?  They didn’t earn the success and experience near misses and the highs and lows.  They just kept spewing laughable amounts of money that nobody could compete with until they won it.  It’s resulted in the vast majority of games being a no contest.  As soon as the first goal goes in pretty much the whole country switches over.  Just imagine what it’s being like being a fan of that.

To add to that it’s now stopped working so if you were actually one of the freaks to just jump on the bandwagon because they were doing that every game then how do you react now that the team that has everything you want along with the fact they built their team credibly are actually about to outdo you.  You’ve still got loads of no contest games to fake celebrate but in the long run they’re meaningless because you aren’t winning the league.  As a club they’re on their arse and they’ve got absolutely no idea why. 

• Upvote 7

4 hours ago, The Guest said:

As a club they’re on their arse and they’ve got absolutely no idea why. 

They are more concerned about everyone else and how they match up to them than just concentrating on their own club. They are the very definition of having small man syndrome. 

They want what everyone else has got even when they have their own.

Oh dear, it seems the both manc clubs' mask of, ahem, decency is slipping. united fans being called out for sickening chants about woodward (funny the same chant about scousers has been ignored by the papers for years) and now this.

Pep Guardiola and Ole Gunnar Solskjaer condemned fans who made aeroplane gestures and threw seats during Wednesday's Manchester derby.

A social media post showed fans in the Manchester City section making gestures referring to the 1958 Munich air crash, in which 23 people died, including eight United players.

After the match, fans in the United end threw seats at home supporters near by.

"I don't know what happened but it is not nice," said City boss Guardiola.

Manchester City, who won the Carabao Cup semi-final 3-2 on aggregate despite losing the second leg 1-0 at Etihad Stadium on Wednesday, did not comment but, as with previous cases of trouble, they will look at CCTV footage of the incidents and take the appropriate action.

Away allocations were cut by almost 50% for the two legs of the semi-final after problems at previous Manchester derbies.

"I have got to stand behind Pep," said United boss Solskjaer.

"Football is a game we should all enjoy, spectators and the ones playing.

"We want rivalry but keep it at the same level. Let's make sure we eradicate this now."

Guardiola also said he was saddened at the attack by a group on the Cheshire home of executive vice-chairman Ed Woodward on Tuesday.

Woodward was at Wednesday's game, before which, Solskjaer told Sky Sports that "everyone at the club is disgusted by what happened".

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/51305066

Peppy, you got some 'splainin to do!

Spanish police break up a doping ring based in Barcelona that was providing EPO to "a large number of national and international athletes in different disciplines and at different levels". No names revealed, but sporting bodies are likely to be informed of them

2 hours ago, Aventus said:

A thread celebrating criminal damage from the same mob who have been so vocal about, er, criminal damage to a bus? Shurely not?

3 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

Hahaha wow. Not only are Utd fans also doing aeroplane gestures the word cunts but "you scouse bastards" gets sung towards the end. Fucking hell. Manc really are thick twats aren't they.

I don’t think the Utd fan near the beginning is doing an aeroplane gesture - just moving his arms up and down to the song.

Also a few bars of the Munich song can be heard from the City fans.

The Utd fan with the camera needs a good showing, the gobby little twat.

• Upvote 1

It'd be karma overload if we won it the week before we played them.

The same group of players who were singing about Sean Cox on the plane coming back after winning the title, having to stand there and give our lads a guard of honour. I honestly don't think anything tops that. Not even going to Goodison or Old Trafford and them having to do it.

• Upvote 9