You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Man City - the new bitters?

Naz17

I've said it before that rivalries are like friendships.

You've got your real friends, who you stick with, regardless of changing circumstances, just like we've got proper rivals in Everton and Man United. 

Then there are your work friends: people who, even though you might get along well enough with them, you basically only give a shit about because circumstances have temporarily brought you together and when those circumstances change you'll more or less forget about them. Man City - just like Leeds, Forest, Arsenal, Chelsea and others before them - are the rivalry equivalent of work friends.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

I've said it before that rivalries are like friendships.

You've got your real friends, who you stick with, regardless of changing circumstances, just like we've got proper rivals in Everton and Man United. 

Then there are your work friends: people who, even though you might get along well enough with them, you basically only give a shit about because circumstances have temporarily brought you together and when those circumstances change you'll more or less forget about them. Man City - just like Leeds, Forest, Arsenal, Chelsea and others before them - are the rivalry equivalent of work friends.

If I worked with cunts like City, I'd have handed my notice in pronto.

Not sure the sneering at attendances is a good look....a lot of people have just had the expense that is Christmas and a lot of people (myself included) have not yet been paid since before Christmas.

There has been a ridiculous amount of games, and they have yet another in midweek.

Working class fans from a working class city....

Plenty of other things we can mock the horrible twats about, but for me that one is not on.

• Upvote 7

35 minutes ago, an tha said:

Not sure the sneering at attendances is a good look....a lot of people have just had the expense that is Christmas and a lot of people (myself included) have not yet been paid since before Christmas.

There has been a ridiculous amount of games, and they have yet another in midweek.

Plenty of other things we can mock the horrible twats about, but for me that one is not on.

They were offering kids tickets for £1 and adult for 15. Anfield would be full 8times over if that were the case, even though I agree with the general sentiment you're conveying.

8 minutes ago, niallers said:

They were offering kids tickets for £1 and adult for 15. Anfield would be full 8times over if that were the case, even though I agree with the general sentiment you're conveying.

True - but we are a much bigger club, with a much more diverse fan base to draw from.

5 hours ago, an tha said:

I would tend to agree with you, but tickets for this were 15 quid - with a quid for kids.  So they can fuck off. 

They claim to be one of the biggest clubs in the world and that they have a perfectly legitimate commercial turnover which justifies their wage bill even though everybody knows they're fiddling the books. In those circumstances I think it's more than fair for people to point out that their attendances are risible. 

10 hours ago, aws said:

They claim to be one of the biggest clubs in the world and that they have a perfectly legitimate commercial turnover which justifies their wage bill even though everybody knows they're fiddling the books. In those circumstances I think it's more than fair for people to point out that their attendances are risible. 

This. And let's not forget them singing 'sign on' and 'feed the scousers' meaning you lot are poor plebs while we are oh so much better off than you.