You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Man City - the new bitters?

Naz17

On 23/01/2020 at 09:40, Vincent Vega said:

Conn is a City fan as well, but he has always been principled in his reporting of them since the Abu Dhabli takeover. I don't think he enjoys them owning his club.

He's a good lad David conn. I dealt with him a quite a bit during the H&G period and a few times since. He's been a great help to our club over the years, not just with some of his reporting over H&G but some of his content over Hillsborough. 

7 hours ago, Heinze said:

Gold.

Screenshot_20200125-142130_Chrome.jpg

Weak minded shithouse cunts. They're saying their whole season fell apart because they drew at home to spurs and they didn't like the new handball rule? Fucking hell. If they're that mentally weak, no wonder we're 16 points clear with a game in hand and a third of the season to go. 

• Upvote 2

Blue Moon's becoming a real guilty pleasure to read. It's like a case study in collective insanity; I reckon there's a book's worth of solid material in there - Extraordinary Popular Delusions and the Madness of Blue Moon.

You have to admire how, in a crowded field, they manage to be by far the most wilfully myopic deranged group of window lickers on the internet. No one can compete. Our Gimp XI look as outdated as Betamax to their UHD.

Every poster is called blue something, and tries to outdo the last one in gnashing of teeth,  conspiracy theories and - my personal favourite - witty names for things they don't like. The PGMOL became PiGMOL, and then PIGMOB. Geddit? A mob of pigs! Brilliant.

I find myself genuinely fascinated to see if they can descend any further into rabid, bloodshot eyed, masturbating into their own faeces, #taintedtitle, toys out of pram insanity. And, fair play to them, they never let me down. Attenborough should do a series on them.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Pete said:

Given how they are funded surely the #taintedtitle tag should apply to every trophy they have won since the Sheik took over? 

The rest of the football world didn't hashtag it but yea, we all already had a pretty pronounced asterisk beside their trophies. #taintedtrophies #boughthistory #bitteroilcheatingcuntsticks

1 hour ago, Babb'sBurstNad said:

Blue Moon's becoming a real guilty pleasure to read. It's like a case study in collective insanity; I reckon there's a book's worth of solid material in there - Extraordinary Popular Delusions and the Madness of Blue Moon.

You have to admire how, in a crowded field, they manage to be by far the most wilfully myopic deranged group of window lickers on the internet. No one can compete. Our Gimp XI look as outdated as Betamax to their UHD.

Every poster is called blue something, and tries to outdo the last one in gnashing of teeth,  conspiracy theories and - my personal favourite - witty names for things they don't like. The PGMOL became PiGMOL, and then PIGMOB. Geddit? A mob of pigs! Brilliant.

I find myself genuinely fascinated to see if they can descend any further into rabid, bloodshot eyed, masturbating into their own faeces, #taintedtitle, toys out of pram insanity. And, fair play to them, they never let me down. Attenborough should do a series on them.

I actually find them too unpleasant. Bluemoon is one of the few opposition fan forums I don't find pleasure in reading. It's just mindless nastiness.

United and Everton fans are supposed to hate us and I revel in that, but the fact these absolute psychos have decided in a period of two years that we're their ultimate rivals is unsettling. 

All fan bases are tribal and hypocritical, but they have taken it to another level with their ire for us and it's not like we're even rivals. It's uncomfortable. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, 3 Stacks said:

I actually find them too unpleasant. Bluemoon is one of the few opposition fan forums I don't find pleasure in reading. It's just mindless nastiness.

United and Everton fans are supposed to hate us and I revel in that, but the fact these absolute psychos have decided in a period of two years that we're their ultimate rivals is unsettling. 

All fan bases are tribal and hypocritical, but they have taken it to another level with their ire for us and it's not like we're even rivals. It's uncomfortable. 

Chelsea did the same a dozen or so years ago. And for the same reason. They were absolutely desperate for someone to give a fuck about them. 

• Upvote 2

I thought it might be unfair to judge their fanbase based on the nutcases on bluemoon, maybe its just that forum that's full of dickheads. Much like I wouldn't like our fanbase judged by RAWK. 

So I had a mooch at some of their other forums, and it's exactly the same, conspiracies, blind rage, victims/dippers/murderers, and worst of all shit puns. 

2 hours ago, Aventus said:

I thought it might be unfair to judge their fanbase based on the nutcases on bluemoon, maybe its just that forum that's full of dickheads. Much like I wouldn't like our fanbase judged by RAWK. 

So I had a mooch at some of their other forums, and it's exactly the same, conspiracies, blind rage, victims/dippers/murderers, and worst of all shit puns. 

A company I used to do a bit of business with had a city fan in their accounts department. We used to have a bit of banter about the footie even after mansour and his billions rocked up and it was all pretty good humoured. It was all 'you'll beat us at Anfield because city never do well there' and 'we'll get one over you at the etihad' stuff.

But I noticed a definite twist in his 'banter' after we knocked them of the CL and it went up a notch or 3 through last season. Then he started with the 'dippers' and 'what about the 39?' kind of stuff. Of course the coach attack didnt help but I said I thought it was a disgrace and those cunts had sullied the club's name.

I said WTF you talking like your united chums for anyway and there's a memorial to the Heysel tragedy at Anfield if you ever bothered going to look and stopped believing the ill informed shite on the net. In the end, I just had to tell him to fuck off but if he wanted to discuss football with me again, I might give it some thought seeing as the banter we used to share.

5 hours ago, dockers_strike said:

A company I used to do a bit of business with had a city fan in their accounts department. We used to have a bit of banter about the footie even after mansour and his billions rocked up and it was all pretty good humoured. It was all 'you'll beat us at Anfield because city never do well there' and 'we'll get one over you at the etihad' stuff.

But I noticed a definite twist in his 'banter' after we knocked them of the CL and it went up a notch or 3 through last season. Then he started with the 'dippers' and 'what about the 39?' kind of stuff. Of course the coach attack didnt help but I said I thought it was a disgrace and those cunts had sullied the club's name.

I said WTF you talking like your united chums for anyway and there's a memorial to the Heysel tragedy at Anfield if you ever bothered going to look and stopped believing the ill informed shite on the net. In the end, I just had to tell him to fuck off but if he wanted to discuss football with me again, I might give it some thought seeing as the banter we used to share.

Knew some City fan who my brother was good mates with. He was a good lad and would regularly come to Liverpool to drink with us. Used to watch our games with us and hated Man Utd with a passion. The enemy of my enemy is my friend etc. 

As soon as City got some money he became a massive twat and suddenly hated scousers. Went completely off the radar and lost contact with everyone. 

Saw him at Chester zoo a few years ago with his kids and completely ignored me even when I said alright to him.

I think it's when you live overseas that you really see who the big clubs are.

Obviously most of the people you meet are United or Liverpool, but a good few Arsenal fans, even a Chelsea or Tottenham fan now and again. The smaller clubs you don't see as much, I've met a random few, like Watford or West Ham here and there.

But I've literally never met a City fan. Even when I lived in England, albeit on the east coast in NE Lincolnshire, I never met one. So it's only on the internet that I have experienced what everyone is talking about, this new bitterness.

They're just a medium-sized club who got a bunch of money and think that makes them huge. Even Everton are bigger than City!

Our rivalry with United and Everton is quite toxic at the moment but they also have their fair share of good supporters that you can converse with rationally, there's also an underlying mutual respect between us and the Mancs (albeit begrudgingly) due to the success of both clubs.

With City it's just full on hatred, they decided to thrive on every nasty stereotype given to us and it's quite pitiful to see. They know deep down, no matter how much money they spend and how many trophies they win they'll always be a tin pot club that can't fill their own stadium despite fielding some of the world's best players.

• Upvote 2