You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Man City - the new bitters?

Naz17

18 hours ago, Tony Moanero said:

I won’t be held responsible if I see another Twitter cunt say “dropped” instead of released, “copped” instead of bought or purchased and “excited for” instead of excited about. 

143C225C-3B98-47FA-ADAB-6A8AB7A8B178.gif

Super this super that .

Fuck off

• Upvote 3

On 16/04/2019 at 01:15, Strontium Dog™ said:

Some 'Trump' level trolling going on there... well done

3 hours ago, Yer Ma! said:

Some 'Trump' level trolling going on there... well done

Off topic but one of the replies to that John07 tit regarding Hillsborough is quite good especially this bit:

" The failure was not the decision to open the exit gate but not to manage the consequences of that decision e.g. by notifying relevant police and security personnel and making arrangements to disperse the fans once they had entered the ground. There was no crushing or even overcrowding in the area between the turnstiles and the stand, and people were able to move about freely in this area throughout. All police had to do was do exactly what their predecessors did in 1981 and 1988, namely close the entrances to overcrowded pens and direct fans to the quieter entrances. No one did this because, shockingly, no one noticed that an influx of people into the ground would cause crushing in the overcrowded central pens - the connection just wasn't made until people were already dying. Signage was also dreadful meaning that the tunnel leading to the overcrowded central pens was the only obvious entrance to the terraces. There was never an excess of fans in the Leppings Lane End as a whole, they were just badly dispersed, so ticketlessness isn't really relevant either. This wasn't a series of tough decisions that went the wrong way, it was a series of elementary failures in crowd management, personnel coordination and decision making."

As someone who was there, I've been saying this for 30 years.

• Upvote 5

6 hours ago, El Rojo said:

Rent free.

You love to see it.

Everybody posting the same phrases like they themselves coined them. 

The same memes and gifs every fucking day.  That twat spitting out her tea and Mike Tyson clapping do my fucking head in.   There are approx 10 that feature every single minute of every single day - absolutely shite!

• Upvote 1

On 14/01/2020 at 15:58, Jenson said:

Off topic but one of the replies to that John07 tit regarding Hillsborough is quite good especially this bit:

" The failure was not the decision to open the exit gate but not to manage the consequences of that decision e.g. by notifying relevant police and security personnel and making arrangements to disperse the fans once they had entered the ground. There was no crushing or even overcrowding in the area between the turnstiles and the stand, and people were able to move about freely in this area throughout. All police had to do was do exactly what their predecessors did in 1981 and 1988, namely close the entrances to overcrowded pens and direct fans to the quieter entrances. No one did this because, shockingly, no one noticed that an influx of people into the ground would cause crushing in the overcrowded central pens - the connection just wasn't made until people were already dying. Signage was also dreadful meaning that the tunnel leading to the overcrowded central pens was the only obvious entrance to the terraces. There was never an excess of fans in the Leppings Lane End as a whole, they were just badly dispersed, so ticketlessness isn't really relevant either. This wasn't a series of tough decisions that went the wrong way, it was a series of elementary failures in crowd management, personnel coordination and decision making."

I know there have been plenty of Hillsborough threads but I thought it was worth adding something to this that may be of value to anyone having a 'discussion' with 'certain people'. My dad is, if I do say so myself, natural police, and I remember asking him whom he thought was to blame for Hillsborough and dreading the response from a man with a slightly authoritarian air that comes with being natural police. His response was unequivocal: 100% the fault of the police. His reasoning (and this is the bit worth adding to the discussion)? "He [Duckenfield] never walked the ground". As the senior policeman in my home town for the final years of his career, he had responsibility for the local race meeting that took place about 10 times a year. Hardly a Hillsborough-level event, with the numbers at all the meetings in a year put together unlikely to exceed 50,000. It didn't matter though. On the day of every meeting, he would personally walk through every nook and cranny of the course. Why is that there? Why is that different from last time? This is what policing is, and you can never, ever assume that someone else is going to do it for you. If you'd rather ponce around in a fancy uniform surveying the grunts on the battlefield, join a Civil War reenactment society.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 13

On 14/01/2020 at 15:58, Jenson said:

As somebody who was also there I wholeheartedly agree with this post.

On 16/01/2020 at 12:18, deiseach said:

I know there have been plenty of Hillsborough threads but I thought it was worth adding something to this that may be of value to anyone having a 'discussion' with 'certain people'. My dad is, if I do say so myself, natural police, and I remember asking him whom he thought was to blame for Hillsborough and dreading the response from a man with a slightly authoritarian air that comes with being natural police. His response was unequivocal: 100% the fault of the police. His reasoning (and this is the bit worth adding to the discussion)? "He [Duckenfield] never walked the ground". As the senior policeman in my home town for the final years of his career, he had responsibility for the local race meeting that took place about 10 times a year. Hardly a Hillsborough-level event, with the numbers at all the meetings in a year put together unlikely to exceed 50,000. It didn't matter though. On the day of every meeting, he would personally walk through every nook and cranny of the course. Why is that there? Why is that different from last time? This is what policing is, and you can never, ever assume that someone else is going to do it for you. If you'd rather ponce around in a fancy uniform surveying the grunts on the battlefield, join a Civil War reenactment society.

Natural Police?  Is this an auto-correct thing as I have never heard that term before.