You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Man City - the new bitters?

Naz17

34 minutes ago, Baltar said:

It's not just City twats, a lot of our "rivals" who are 20+points away from us are bitching endlessly about this being a conspiracy and if we win, it'll be a "tainted title". Fucking hilarious. All this crying and bitching from other fans will make winning the title much more sweeter.

If we win the title I was just going to celebrate and enjoy it but after all this bitter shit I'm going balls deep in unbearable mode. I'm even going to do the Everton stadium tour with an LFC top on with Champions 20 on the back. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

This is what being the best feels like.  In the 1980s when we were the best, fans of other clubs were just as salty, it's just you couldn't see it as much due to it all being face to face.  Then Man Utd had to deal with everyone saying they'd bought referees, etc.  It what being brilliant feel like.

That coupled with City fans thinking they were going to win 10 titles in a row and the CL, and then when they win their back to back title, all the talk is about us.  It's a nightmare for them.

Their efforts at trying to make #taintedtitle a thing are utterly hilarious and I hope they continue with it as the lack of self awareness around it just means it'll be thrown back in their gormless faces anyway.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

29 minutes ago, JohnnyH said:

This is what being the best feels like.  In the 1980s when we were the best, fans of other clubs were just as salty, it's just you couldn't see it as much due to it all being face to face.  Then Man Utd had to deal with everyone saying they'd bought referees, etc.  It what being brilliant feel like.

That coupled with City fans thinking they were going to win 10 titles in a row and the CL, and then when they win their back to back title, all the talk is about us.  It's a nightmare for them.

Their efforts at trying to make #taintedtitle a thing are utterly hilarious and I hope they continue with it as the lack of self awareness around it just means it'll be thrown back in their gormless faces anyway.

Negged. Lately, I keep seeing and hearing people use the world “salty” to mean angry or bitter. It sounds fucking shit! Is it another Americanism popularised by television and the internet?

• Upvote 10

45 minutes ago, Tony Moanero said:

Negged. Lately, I keep seeing and hearing people use the world “salty” to mean angry or bitter. It sounds fucking shit! Is it another Americanism popularised by television and the internet?

No. It just means tears taste of salt. Which they do. Language evolves, Tony. For instance, nobody says ‘custy, la’ like they did in the 80s. It just happens. You’ll have to get over it.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Tony Moanero said:

I'll buy that for a dollar! Need to get to the bottom of this narrative.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

We've built this side and improved year on year, building up toward this success for 4 years now. This isn't some fluke, out of nowhere victory with 83 points, this is shaping up to be one of the most dominant title wins in history. VAR or no VAR, luck or no luck, the reaction to our success is pure sour grapes.

And City fans have a lot of balls calling us lucky. They'd be nowhere near and mired in mediocrity if some dipshit from the Abu Dhabi royal family hadn't seemingly picked their name out of a hat to shape into the next football super power. If that isn't luck, I don't know what is.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

Guest Pistonbroke

The writing was on the wall as soon as Klopp took over, we went to their patch in 2015 and Bobby and Coutinho ripped their arseholes a new one as we thumped them 1-4. Look at our team that day. We had Mingolet in goal, a back four of Clyne, Lovren, Skrtel and Bert no brains. Can Milner and Lucas in MF and Coutinho, Bobby and Lallana as the front 3. Our bench was horrendous as well, yet we played them off the park for large periods. Since then Klopp has been carefully planning and building a dynasty, whereas City have just been on a spending spree in Harrods like some Ex hooker who now has a sugar daddy. 

6 hours ago, Tony Moanero said:

Sorry. Us young types can’t help ourselves. I’m just a kid of the modern times. 

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Leyton388 said:

If we win the title I was just going to celebrate and enjoy it but after all this bitter shit I'm going balls deep in unbearable mode. I'm even going to do the Everton stadium tour with an LFC top on with Champions 20 on the back. 

You get a similar feel to the Goodison tour when you have a wander round Jewsons.

18 hours ago, aws said:

Salty has been used with that meaning for centuries but not commonly. But it's now fashionable all of a sudden so I expect we're all going to be sick of it soon.  

We’ll be sick of it once we start injecting it straight into our veins.

It’s twitter language.

• Upvote 1