You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Man City - the new bitters?

Naz17

51 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

Pep talking about us again. 

He's a bit shit at this media mi d games lark. And really doesn't like someone challenging his Pep greatest alltime shit either 

What's he saying? I presume it's not the one about the team that has now got into mid December and has won all but one of their league games and have only lost once all season in all competitions. Seriously, look at that record, no wonder he's going fucking mental. It's absolutely insane and to steal a line from GOT, what a time to be a Red.

Pep Guardiola has claimed Manchester City are victims of their own success – after failing to match the high standards they’ve set for ­Premier League title glory.

And the Blues boss reckons the way City set a new Premier League benchmark – after ­winning the title with 100 points followed by 98 last season – has given ­ Liverpool a helping hand towards the prospect of their own first crown in 30 years.

City have been off the pace this season, losing four games already as they chase a third successive League title.

And, as City head to Arsenal today, Guardiola has admitted that he and his stars may have to suffer to motivate them to regain their dominance next season.

“I think maintaining 100 points or 98 points for three or four years would be difficult,” said the Spaniard.

“I didn’t want to think about it too much at the beginning of the season, but I thought maybe we would be able to do it again. When we arrived here, the ­standard was 85 points to win the Premier League. Now you have to reach almost 100 points to win it.

“That’s how we helped ­Liverpool to make this step, to buy incredible top players and now it is the level you have to reach.

Pep Guardiola has claimed Manchester City are victims of their own success – after failing to match the high standards they’ve set for ­Premier League title glory.

And the Blues boss reckons the way City set a new Premier League benchmark – after ­winning the title with 100 points followed by 98 last season – has given ­ Liverpool a helping hand towards the prospect of their own first crown in 30 years.

City have been off the pace this season, losing four games already as they chase a third successive League title.

And, as City head to Arsenal today, Guardiola has admitted that he and his stars may have to suffer to motivate them to regain their dominance next season.

“I think maintaining 100 points or 98 points for three or four years would be difficult,” said the Spaniard.

Arsenal told Mikel Arteta is "already a fantastic manager" by Man City star

Arsenal warned against making 'huge mistake' in Carlo Ancelotti pursuit

“I didn’t want to think about it too much at the beginning of the season, but I thought maybe we would be able to do it again. When we arrived here, the ­standard was 85 points to win the Premier League. Now you have to reach almost 100 points to win it.

“That’s how we helped ­Liverpool to make this step, to buy incredible top players and now it is the level you have to reach.

“All the teams that are behind Liverpool, we know we have to make 100 points. Before, it didn’t happen and we were the reason why. For 11 years, no one won back-to-back titles and then we did it by winning 14 games in a row last season.

“Because of that, people say that now we are not good, but I cannot forget what this team has done.

“Sometimes in a process, in NBA teams, in incredible tennis players, there are problems or periods

in the season when you struggle a little bit.

To stay at the level we created for three, four , five years is so ­difficult and now we are ­struggling a bit because we have an opponent (Liverpool) that doesn’t drop points.

“After four titles in one season, maybe we believed we were ­something we are not and the reality of sport is to make you go again, again and again. ­Sometimes you have live it.

“But we will still try to ­challenge and improve the ­situation. If they drop points, we will be closer – and anything can happen in December.

“I don’t think about Liverpool now – they are too far away.

“To take Liverpool we first have to think about Leicester , but our target is just winning the next game against Arsenal

“I would be really concerned if our game was not there. I would worry. But the games where we dropped points we know why.”

Meanwhile, Brazilian star ­Fernandinho is happy to stay in defence while they overcome their injury problems.

“I don’t think I’m being missed in midfield,” he said. “Rodri is playing really well in my midfield position. Of course, we are a little bit ­different, but he’s doing really well and has showed that.”

And, like Guardiola, the ­three-time Premier League ­winner is not giving up on the title yet, even though the odds are stacked against City.

We have to stick together and work out how to fix our specific problems. I am a believer.

“So, until I see we have no chance any more, I still believe.That’s the best way.

4 hours ago, Jimmy Hills Chin said:

Thanks Pep, don't know what we would have done without you

He's got a point to be fair, built a great team which forced us to step our game up to a whole new level. I look at the stats being posted about our points return in the past XX games and still can't quite believe it. The pace they set over two seasons was insane, our current form is even more so.

Guest Pistonbroke

Regardless of the fact he has a point he is only using it in an attempt to belittle Klopp and our team whilst feeding his own ego.

Fuck City, fuck their fans and fuck Guardiola. I hope they lose more points over the next few weeks and Real hump Barcelona so they tempt him away from City earlier than he's planned. He can then fuck off back to Spain and take his shit wardrobe with him. Then hopefully we get Barcelona at some stage of the CL and dump the cunts out, it could quite possibly lead to Guardiola having a breakdown. 

8 minutes ago, Pistonbroke said:

Regardless of the fact he has a point he is only using it in an attempt to belittle Klopp and our team whilst feeding his own ego.

Fuck City, fuck their fans and fuck Guardiola. I hope they lose more points over the next few weeks and Real hump Barcelona so they tempt him away from City earlier than he's planned. He can then fuck off back to Spain and take his shit wardrobe with him. Then hopefully we get Barcelona at some stage of the CL and dump the cunts out, it could quite possibly lead to Guardiola having a breakdown. 

The Bald cunt already had his breakdown at Anfield when we bummed them last month. 

I can honestly say I've never seen anyone lose it like he did. 

0_GettyImages-1186750704.jpg

• Upvote 5

Guest Pistonbroke
1 minute ago, Leyton388 said:

The Bald cunt already had his breakdown at Anfield when we bummed them last month. 

I can honestly say I've never seen anyone lose it like he did. 

0_GettyImages-1186750704.jpg

He comes across as a man child and certainly can't take defeat graciously. He tries when he is in front of the camera on interview but his actions on the touchline or after the game in the petulant way he treats officials speaks volumes. 

8 hours ago, Rushies tash said:

I seem to recall them picking up alot of points due to quite a few dubious offside decisions that went their way in the 2013-14 season. They can shove their tin foil hats up their paranoid arses.

In particular, this one. Recall that if Sterling hadn't been called offside (and he's MILES on!) we would have won the league that year:

sterlingscreen.jpg

• Upvote 2

44 minutes ago, Pistonbroke said:

He comes across as a man child and certainly can't take defeat graciously. He tries when he is in front of the camera on interview but his actions on the touchline or after the game in the petulant way he treats officials speaks volumes. 

Its definitely all a front for the cameras.

7 hours ago, Ronnie Whelan said:

Oh jimmy jimmy!! That Leeds team had Giles and Bremner, two of the best midfielders of their generation, a fact lost on a dickhead like him.

They ar so delusional about us.

They're so delusional about themselves! So what they've played some tippy tappy shite with billions bankrolling it for a couple of years. When they tried to run under their own financial steam before becoming a puppet for a despicable state, they took themselves to the mighty heights of league 1. Fucking no mark losers. 

11 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

There was an article a while back about an epidemic in Manchester of people setting fire to bins and getting high of the fumes. Fucking bin sniffers. 

You only have to walk around the place to see these everywhere.

132845_shutterstock_395309383_WV.jpg

3 hours ago, Barry Wom said:

They're so delusional about themselves! So what they've played some tippy tappy shite with billions bankrolling it for a couple of years. When they tried to run under their own financial steam before becoming a puppet for a despicable state, they took themselves to the mighty heights of league 1. Fucking no mark losers. 

They make out that us and the Mancs just got lucky with our dynasties. Then I love how patronising they are about the blueshite, Arsenal and Leeds; all far bigger clubs than them historically.