You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Man City - the new bitters?

Naz17

Hasn’t helped himself Guardiola. At the same time as suffering defensive injuries he’s made his midfield more porous by moving the ceaseless Bernardo out of the middle where he played last season and also introducing Rodri. De Bruyne is a great midfielder in isolation but he’s not half slow; when you’ve got him, final-season David Silva and first-season Rodri protecting a makeshift defence you’re asking for trouble 

31 minutes ago, Alex_K said:

Hasn’t helped himself Guardiola. At the same time as suffering defensive injuries he’s made his midfield more porous by moving the ceaseless Bernardo out of the middle where he played last season and also introducing Rodri. De Bruyne is a great midfielder in isolation but he’s not half slow; when you’ve got him, final-season David Silva and first-season Rodri protecting a makeshift defence you’re asking for trouble 

I can't figure out why he's insisting on playing Fernandinho at the back, he's a brilliant DM and last season they only seemed to drop points in games he was missing, he was one of the biggest reasons they won the league, his tactical fouls near the halfway line are invaluable. 

5 minutes ago, Aventus said:

I can't figure out why he's insisting on playing Fernandinho at the back, he's a brilliant DM and last season they only seemed to drop points in games he was missing, he was one of the biggest reasons they won the league, his tactical fouls near the halfway line are invaluable. 

they couldn't afford a replacement centre-back for Kompany. tough times for them. maybe they might have to sell to buy like us soon?

Perhaps he threw United in there, just in terms of total spending.

But then he has to deal with the fact that Klopp has surpassed him with a net spend lower than what he's spent on his back-up right backs.

As for teams and hatred, Chelsea and their fanbase, particularly under Mourinho, were just as detestable. Complete shower of cunts, from top to bottom. Not a single redeeming virtue I can recall.

• Upvote 2

As good as Pep is, we would be a top 4 pl team rather than the best club side in the world, if he had taken over in 2015.

Jurgen is on a different level as a manager and a human being.

You hear the way he talks up lads going through a rough patch like Keita and the way he hugs the young players like Hoever, Curtis Jones and Kelleher. He loves making players better and doesn't bitch when he is dealt a bad hand.

If City drop points in their next two games, Pep should blood a few of their young players and try and build something for next season. Instead, he will play the poor mouth and possibly depart for a mega club. Laughable from the most lauded manager in the world.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Ronnie Whelan said:

As good as Pep is, we would be a top 4 pl team rather than the best club side in the world, if he had taken over in 2015.

Jurgen is on a different level as a manager and a human being.

You hear the way he talks up lads going through a rough patch like Keita and the way he hugs the young players like Hoever, Curtis Jones and Kelleher. He loves making players better and doesn't bitch when he is dealt a bad hand.

If City drop points in their next two games, Pep should blood a few of their young players and try and build something for next season. Instead, he will play the poor mouth and possibly depart for a mega club. Laughable from the most lauded manager in the world.

Klopp and Pep are completely different. Pep makes great teams unbeatable for a short term period and then he leaves. Klopp can build a juggernaut over an extended period of time. Both great at what they do but Klopp is undoubtedly the better fit for us. 

I think the thing with Pep though is that he's too focused on tactics. It's gone wrong multiple times for him in the Champions League and I think he's in his own head. Because to win the Champions League against all these great European sides, a lot of it is about mental fortitude and getting through difficult periods in matches. With Pep, when someone figures him out tactically, his teams can't stop the bleeding. Klopp seems more tuned into the mental aspect and fighting for results. 

• Upvote 6

20 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

Klopp and Pep are completely different. Pep makes great teams unbeatable for a short term period and then he leaves. Klopp can build a juggernaut over an extended period of time. Both great at what they do but Klopp is undoubtedly the better fit for us. 

I think the thing with Pep though is that he's too focused on tactics. It's gone wrong multiple times for him in the Champions League and I think he's in his own head. Because to win the Champions League against all these great European sides, a lot of it is about mental fortitude and getting through difficult periods in matches. With Pep, when someone figures him out tactically, his teams can't stop the bleeding. Klopp seems more tuned into the mental aspect and fighting for results. 

Great post that. 

44 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

You’ve just gone and jinxed us now. Salzburg to qualify tomorrow.

On 09/12/2019 at 13:38, 3 Stacks said:

Just saw an interesting stat: Mahrez has contributed to more goals (10) this season in the league than Sterling (9), despite the former having played 653 less minutes.

Maybe Pep should focus on managing his squad better and starting the players who are performing better instead of saying his squad can't compete and that there is a conspiracy against his club.

But to be fair Sterling has been busy being the greatest player in the history of the galaxy 

• Upvote 1

Meanwhile, over on tin foil hat central, our disallowed goal today is all part of the plan...

TheThirdDeano said: 
In a match they’re clearly going to win, not the same as a decision that changes the game like spurs, that’s how they fudge the numbers.
Correct!
And fudging the numbers they certainly are.

What I find bizarre about this conspired disallowed goal is it makes the F.A. actually look more bent than it already is.

There is absolutely no subtlety with them whatsoever. So much so this was actually predicted by someone on Bluemoon not that long ago. 

Who do these pricks think they're kidding?

3 hours ago, Anubis said:

Meanwhile, over on tin foil hat central, our disallowed goal today is all part of the plan...

TheThirdDeano said: 
In a match they’re clearly going to win, not the same as a decision that changes the game like spurs, that’s how they fudge the numbers.
Correct!

What I find bizarre about this conspired disallowed goal is it makes the F.A. actually look more bent than it already is.

There is absolutely no subtlety with them whatsoever. So much so this was actually predicted by someone on Bluemoon not that long ago. 

Ha ha ha. Fuck me

5 hours ago, Anubis said:

TheThirdDeano said: 
Correct!

Beyond fucking belief.

Somebody else starts winning more than them and they go straight to conspiracy land.