You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Man City - the new bitters?

Naz17

1 minute ago, Saintslfc13 said:

I may well be, and I come from a different perspective than most on here. I just think it's a bit of a stretch to put a persons whole life out there because they made a mistake that didn't result in permanent damage. That's not to be apologetic for the man's actions it's just that at the end of the way they don't actually endanger someone.

If it turns out that the guy's a deep seeded racist then of course that's another story entirely.

His picture is all over social media anyway I would guess so he is probably already living in fear.  The mainstream media have rules governing identification of people before they are charged with an offence.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Saintslfc13 said:

I may well be, and I come from a different perspective than most on here. I just think it's a bit of a stretch to put a persons whole life out there because they made a mistake that didn't result in permanent damage. That's not to be apologetic for the man's actions it's just that at the end of the way they don't actually endanger someone.

If it turns out that the guy's a deep seeded racist then of course that's another story entirely.

I think you have to feel pretty bold in your views to even think about doing something like that, especially in a stadium of 30,000 people and a tv audience of hundreds of millions. I don’t see a reason why he should have any special protection, of course people are going to jump on it and shame the fella - racism is something that needs to be absolutely stamped out, and fear of public shaming is a part of that. 

2 minutes ago, magicrat said:

His picture is all over social media anyway I would guess so he is probably already living in fear.  The mainstream media have rules governing identification of people before they are charged with an offence.

He'll be fearful tomorrow morning when he turns up for work at the fire station.

Fucking racist scum.

1 minute ago, moof said:

I think you have to feel pretty bold in your views to even think about doing something like that, especially in a stadium of 30,000 people and a tv audience of hundreds of millions. I don’t see a reason why he should have any special protection, of course people are going to jump on it and shame the fella - racism is something that needs to be absolutely stamped out, and fear of public shaming is a part of that. 

I don't disagree with y'all it's just in my nature to be empathetic about things. People make mistakes, perhaps he was caught in the moment and went with the first thing that came to his mind. Now that being the first thing is obviously a problem but that's more a problem with his upbringing and society as a whole isn't it? From my experience racism is a learned behavior, it's not innate.

2 minutes ago, Saintslfc13 said:

I don't disagree with y'all it's just in my nature to be empathetic about things. People make mistakes, perhaps he was caught in the moment and went with the first thing that came to his mind. Now that being the first thing is obviously a problem but that's more a problem with his upbringing and society as a whole isn't it? From my experience racism is a learned behavior, it's not innate.

Nonsense 

He's a brain-dead  racist dim wit . If you can't see right from wrong at his age , you deserve all you get

• Upvote 3

8 minutes ago, Saintslfc13 said:

Caught in the moment. Wasn't that one of the defences at the Nuremberg trials? Fuck him. If he has the will to do it "in the moment" then its clearly something he is. A racist thug. 

• Upvote 2

40 minutes ago, Saintslfc13 said:

Maybe because they don't think it's worth it to ruin a persons life over a moment of stupidity. The man may very well deserve it but the vitriol that pours down on people via the internet is another thing entirely. One has to keep in mind that it's very likely that people that are stringing him up were doing the same and just didn't get caught.

Sometimes you have to judge a person by one action, murderers, rapists, etc. I can accept that. When a person does something that affects someones life in a way that can't really be reconciled; or ends another person's life they deserve that. When a person makes a Monkey Gesture that's a different story. It's not okay and we as people should be passed such things but there needs to be a bit of leeway there for me. Disown him as fan, ban him from future fixtures, all well and good. Ruining the entirety of his life though is too much.

I don't agree with a word of that. Fuck him. We're all accountable for our actions, we all know there's camera's at the match and if you're going to do that down at the front, you deserve absolutely everything you get. It just illustrates what a fucking massive bellend he is and probably expect kudos for his actions. 

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, Saintslfc13 said:

People make mistakes and wrong other people all the time, but usually people wrong a singular person and then it is up to the person that has been wronged to decide whether they want to forgive the offender. If you call one black guy the n word, you pretty much affect him and him only. 

But when you go to a football match with thousands of people around and with millions of people watching on tv, you have to be a crazy person to do what that fan did and expose yourself like that to the public. That is the indication of someone that is not ok in the head and that should rightfully be made an example of. 

26 minutes ago, elvis said:

Nonsense 

He's a brain-dead  racist dim wit . If you can't see right from wrong at his age , you deserve all you get

It's hard to comprehend what was going on in his head, ffs are his teams black players OK but not the opposition??.he's going to lose his job and he will be getting a lot of deserved hate. 

At his age behaving like that is unbelievable. 

They need to be made an example of. 

7 minutes ago, Thoth said:

That forum has to be the worst one I have had the misfortune to visit, snidey nasty twats about every topic.. especially us

All their recent success has brought out the worst in their fan base. They are a truly horrible set of cunts. Hateful, nasty bunch.

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, Thoth said:

That forum has to be the worst one I have had the misfortune to visit, snidey nasty twats about every topic.. especially us

Thats Mancs for you mate. Doesnt matter if its football or something else they are truly obsessed with Liverpool and it goes back to before even football with Manchester always wanting to rival Livepool as a city and back in the day a major industrial city.

Just now, A Red said:

Paul Grange the worcester guy who wore the offensive hillsborough tshirt lost his job and was publicly humiliated. The same will happen to this racist cunt and deservedly so.

Too right. One of the posters on blue moon last night said the same fella was pissed from the start and kicking off at City fans. Just a bully boy ex-squaddie throwing his weight around. Wouldn't happen at Anfield that. He would get sparked clean out either by some 18 year old ket-wig or an 80 year old proper hard bastard. 

5 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Too right. One of the posters on blue moon last night said the same fella was pissed from the start and kicking off at City fans. Just a bully boy ex-squaddie throwing his weight around. Wouldn't happen at Anfield that. He would get sparked clean out either by some 18 year old ket-wig or an 80 year old proper hard bastard. 

What will happen to him now will be much worse. Vilified in the national media, he'll lose his job and any hopes of a new one, possibly his house, etc. And for what? Just so he can take out his frustration by being a racist cunt at a game of football.

1 minute ago, Elite said:

What will happen to him now will be much worse. Vilified in the national media, he'll lose his job and any hopes of a new one, possibly his house, etc. And for what? Just so he can take out his frustration by being a racist cunt at a game of football.

I rarely want anyone to lose their job and all that comes with it but when it comes to behaviour like that... he can just fuck off. Clearly a cunt. 

People make mistakes, act like idiots, throw a punch that has consequences they didn't mean etc but being a racist bully scum-bag is from within. It means thats what he is. A bad human being. He deserves all he gets. I'd say exactly the same if it was a Red.