You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Man City - the new bitters?

Naz17

I see City's number one fan Trevor Sinclair didn't bother tweeting about the events at KKK headquarters yesterday instead he's all about Anthony Joshua now...Guess that "bin-dippers we're coming to get you" jibe didn't age well.

Still it wasn't all doom and gloom for Trev as both QPR and Blackpool (teams he actually played more games for) both won...

I am waiting to hear from our spiritual leader;

https://www.bbc.co.uk/newsround/48020270

Raheem Sterling: Manchester City and England star calls for nine-point deduction for racist chanting

What does Raheem Sterling think should happen?

He doesn't think fines for clubs where racist chanting happens is going far enough.

He wants clubs to be forced play three games behind closed doors and lose nine points for racist abuse: "It sounds harsh but which fan will risk racist behaviour if it might relegate their team or ruin their title bid?"

Sterling also wants to see more Black, Asian or Minority Ethnic (BAME) people in charge of clubs and governing bodies.

It's after players in England and Wales came off social media for 24 hours on Friday.

The protest was organised by the Professional Footballers' Association calling for "stronger action to be taken by social networks and footballing authorities in response to racist abuse both on and off the pitch".

2 minutes ago, Scooby Dudek said:

I am waiting to hear from our spiritual leader;

https://www.bbc.co.uk/newsround/48020270

Raheem Sterling: Manchester City and England star calls for nine-point deduction for racist chanting

What does Raheem Sterling think should happen?

He doesn't think fines for clubs where racist chanting happens is going far enough.

He wants clubs to be forced play three games behind closed doors and lose nine points for racist abuse: "It sounds harsh but which fan will risk racist behaviour if it might relegate their team or ruin their title bid?"

Sterling also wants to see more Black, Asian or Minority Ethnic (BAME) people in charge of clubs and governing bodies.

It's after players in England and Wales came off social media for 24 hours on Friday.

The protest was organised by the Professional Footballers' Association calling for "stronger action to be taken by social networks and footballing authorities in response to racist abuse both on and off the pitch".

Yeah the way he chastised Bernardo Silva showed he is a man of principle.

14 hours ago, Anubis said:

Just seen this and I’ve changed my mind about giving him the benefit of the doubt.

There is a still where he clearly is doing a monkey gesture and chant.

sHUOE2p.jpg

Why did motd see fit to grey out this fellas face? If there's football violence, they're very quick to publish faces and appeal to the public do they know him. I can't think of one reasonable excuse not to publish as per this photo. 

Guest Pistonbroke
2 minutes ago, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

Yeah the way he chastised Bernardo Silva showed he is a man of principle.

When City players went over to calm down the fans he didn't join them, just stood there. he's pulled the wool over a lot of peoples eyes as he has orchestrated something which is good for team Sterling, it also stops the media/pundits for calling him out on other stuff. He's a cunt. 

7 minutes ago, Pistonbroke said:

When City players went over to calm down the fans he didn't join them, just stood there. he's pulled the wool over a lot of peoples eyes as he has orchestrated something which is good for team Sterling, it also stops the media/pundits for calling him out on other stuff. He's a cunt. 

You know my views on Saint Raheem Gordon.

Guardiola being shown up for what he is; a cheque book prima Donna, tactically naive / inept, a coach who does not, has not and cannot coach, a dummy spitting, toys out of the pram throwing, insecure Mammy's boy...and I'm loving it.

I'd love it if someone challenged him very publicly; instead of going out and spending another fucking fortune in January, why not earn your crust and coach these players - YOUR players - and teach them how to defend.

I've said it before, if Guardiola bent a teaspoon he'd go out and buy a whole new kitchen. Bald fraud.

• Upvote 8

I wonder if the shit show defensively yesterday was partly due to the fact they have started getting called out for tactical fouling ? 

Hopefully the penny has dropped with other teams now, like Norwich did also, is go past their press quickly and you will have a chance, sit back and you will lose.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Scooby Dudek said:

I wonder if the shit show defensively yesterday was partly due to the fact they have started getting called out for tactical fouling ? 

Hopefully the penny has dropped with other teams now, like Norwich did also, is go past their press quickly and you will have a chance, sit back and you will lose.

I think you're right.

I also think Guardiola's constant chopping and changing also hinders the oily twats.

20 minutes ago, Scooby Dudek said:

I think there's a definite element to that..not that I watch their games inside out, but I've certainly seen them starting to pick up bookings for it. It would seem peps mind games calling out mane for diving have backfired on him. 

2 hours ago, Barry Wom said:

Why did motd see fit to grey out this fellas face? If there's football violence, they're very quick to publish faces and appeal to the public do they know him. I can't think of one reasonable excuse not to publish as per this photo. 

Maybe because they don't think it's worth it to ruin a persons life over a moment of stupidity. The man may very well deserve it but the vitriol that pours down on people via the internet is another thing entirely. One has to keep in mind that it's very likely that people that are stringing him up were doing the same and just didn't get caught.

Sometimes you have to judge a person by one action, murderers, rapists, etc. I can accept that. When a person does something that affects someones life in a way that can't really be reconciled; or ends another person's life they deserve that. When a person makes a Monkey Gesture that's a different story. It's not okay and we as people should be passed such things but there needs to be a bit of leeway there for me. Disown him as fan, ban him from future fixtures, all well and good. Ruining the entirety of his life though is too much.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Saintslfc13 said:

Maybe because they don't think it's worth it to ruin a persons life over a moment of stupidity. The man may very well deserve it but the vitriol that pours down on people via the internet is another thing entirely. One has to keep in mind that it's very likely that people that are stringing him up were doing the same and just didn't get caught.

Sometimes you have to judge a person by one action, murderers, rapists, etc. I can accept that. When a person does something that affects someones life in a way that can't really be reconciled; or ends another person's life they deserve that. When a person makes a Monkey Gesture that's a different story. It's not okay and we as people should be passed such things but there needs to be a bit of leeway there for me. Disown him as fan, ban him from future fixtures, all well and good. Ruining the entirety of his life though is too much.

I think you may be over-complicating it. The guy hasn't been charged with anything yet as far as I know and whilst it's unlikely he may an explanation for his behaviour. Even the BBC can't prejudice the investigation that is presumably going to happen .

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, magicrat said:

I think you may be over-complicating it. The guy hasn't been charged with anything yet as far as I know and whilst it's unlikely he may an explanation for his behaviour. Even the BBC can't prejudice the investigation that is presumably going to happen .

I may well be, and I come from a different perspective than most on here. I just think it's a bit of a stretch to put a persons whole life out there because they made a mistake that didn't result in permanent damage. That's not to be apologetic for the man's actions it's just that at the end of the way they don't actually endanger someone.

If it turns out that the guy's a deep seeded racist then of course that's another story entirely.

• Upvote 1

47 minutes ago, Scooby Dudek said:

Pointing out the fouling may have put a doubt in their minds but I think it mostly has to do with the fact that they really only have one good centre back and he has a long term injury.

Stones and Otamendi have certain skills but 1 on 1 defending is not one of them. And having Rodri in midfield instead of Fernandinho helps other sides as well because he is not very mobile and not great at protecting the back 4, unlike Fernandinho. 

They are very easy to counter attack right now and United were about as well equipped to expose that weakness as anybody.