You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Man City - the new bitters?

Naz17

23 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

Fans making monkey gestures and noises, throwing objects at players, players aggressively threatening and verbally abusing referees, the manager constantly hinting at conspiracy theories. 

As a club, they have lost it to an unprecedented degree. 

Perfectly put

The City fan who did the monkey gestures...his name has been splashed all over twitter along with his FB page. 

I don't agree with this type of vigilante-ism. I did have a quick nose on his FB ...first thing to see "Squaddies against Corbyn".

There's a sort of logical continuity to all this.

10 minutes ago, Jennings said:

The City fan who did the monkey gestures...his name has been splashed all over twitter along with his FB page. 

I don't agree with this type of vigilante-ism. I did have a quick nose on his FB ...first thing to see "Squaddies against Corbyn".

A squaddie. Racist? I'm shocked.

No doubt his Facebook removes any doubt about him being a cunt

On 05/12/2019 at 13:39, dockers_strike said:

New manchester city fans myth number 1059. Apparently, it is 'technically' a foul if a defending player 'shouts' at an attacking player during a game to try and put him off shooting!

This new myth comes as Virgil van Dijk was allegedly seen shouting at everton player Kean when the everton player was about to core his team's 3rd goal at Anfield last night. Kean dragged his resultant shot wide and didnt score.

Actually noticed that during the game. Great bit of shithousery from Big Virg. 

On 05/12/2019 at 19:54, Barry Wom said:

Yeah, that's what I understood too. And a booking for ungentlemanly conduct back in the day. I'm not sure that still exists though, can't remember the last time I heard someone was booked for that. 

Suarez scored for Barca after he blatantly shouted for a defender to leave it. I remember there was murder over it. The little scamp.

47 minutes ago, El Rojo said:

It will be an awful shame when City get dumped out of Europe in the spring too. 

Despite the point advantage this season and the beatings we have handed them over the years, I have always seen City as 'better' than us, i.e. a higher ceiling. I think today was the day where that evaporated, for this season's incarnation of the two sides anyway. They are so vulnerable to quick counter attacks, it's laughable. It takes nothing more complex than 2 or 3 well directed passes, played quickly, and their goal is there for the taking.

I appreciate this is hardly news but I kinda felt their poor defending was aberrational, but it's not, it's endemic. A good European side will destroy them at some point in the knocks out rounds. 

• Upvote 5

17 minutes ago, mgw100 said:

Despite the point advantage this season and the beatings we have handed them over the years, I have always seen City as 'better' than us, i.e. a higher ceiling. I think today was the day where that evaporated, for this season's incarnation of the two sides anyway. They are so vulnerable to quick counter attacks, it's laughable. It takes nothing more complex than 2 or 3 well directed passes, played quickly, and their goal is there for the taking.

I appreciate this is hardly news but I kinda felt their poor defending was aberrational, but it's not, it's endemic. A good European side will destroy them at some point in the knocks out rounds. 

Be nice if they actually drew a good European side, I think that we were the last one.

1 hour ago, Jennings said:

You were right the first time. This fuckwit will be thrown to the wolves and they'll be able to point to it as evidence of how right-on they are. Meanwhile they'll happily take another nine-figure sum of blood money in January so they can save football from the corrupt bin-dippers.

• Upvote 5

2 hours ago, mgw100 said:

This is all true. The problem is that too many teams are shithouses who don't bother competing with them and are happy to sit back and get bummed by them. They are a one-dimensional team who can't defend.

2 hours ago, mgw100 said:

They weren’t better than us last season and they’re not better this. Player for player we’ve got about 7 up on theirs, maybe more. There’s a reason we had 4 players in the top 7 of the Balon d’Or. They got out of jail big time last season: we should have won the title.