You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Man City - the new bitters?

Naz17

Guest Pistonbroke
2 minutes ago, Chocoholic said:

As effective a deterrent as the one that UEFA handed to Bulgaria, that the FA and the collective British media were up in arms about.

Ironically he'll miss the game against Chelsea and their hoards of racists. 

From the daily wail which uses a story from that other rag.

This smacks of totalitarianism to me. In a country where your people are absolute rulers, you cannot question them. This is really pathetic by city's owners but its not the first and I dare say, the last time they'll pull this stunt.

Manchester City have reportedly made a formal complaint to referees chief Mike Riley over the officiating performance of Michael Oliver during their defeat by Liverpool at Anfield on Sunday.

Oliver and VAR were at the centre of a refereeing storm after City were denied two penalty claims for handball against Trent Alexander-Arnold, with the first incident leading to the hosts' opener through Fabinho.

After the second incident, City boss Pep Guardiola fumed at fourth official Mike Dean over the decisions, and at full time he said to Oliver: 'Thank you, thank you so much.'

City have since sent a letter to PGMOL chief Riley on Monday, just 24 hours after the crunch clash in Liverpool. 

The Premier League champions remain baffled as to why Oliver did not award them penalties for the two incidents, while Guardiola and Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp aired their qualms with the use of VAR at the UEFA summit in Nyon earlier this week.

According to  Riley is said to have responded 'constructively' to the letter ahead of a shareholder meeting of all 20 Premier League clubs set to take place on Thursday, in which the chief will give an update on the implementation of VAR.

When asked whether he felt decisions had gone against his team, Guardiola said on Sunday: 'Which decisions? Oh. Mike Riley and his people – you have to ask them. It would not be nice after we lose to (complain). Ask Mike Riley and the big bosses about it.

'I said thank you every much. I said the same in the Tottenham game at home (when City were denied a last minute winner by VAR). Thank you so much. Most of the time when I go to the referees and my colleagues, I say thank you so much and good luck.'

When it was put to him that Riley does not make himself available for interviews, the City manager said: ‘That’s the point. You talk about the game. I am not hear to talk about the referees. Ask to them, my friend.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-7682367/Manchester-City-make-formal-complaint-referee-Michael-Oliver.html

7 hours ago, Reckoner said:

Where was the one of the boat that was springing leaks all over the shop, on the brink of sinking, but the crew had doubled an entire annual budget on a load of knock off helly Hansen gear which is going to improve their boating pedigree and were just waiting for the tide to turn?

It’s pathetic. They even complain about the late handball from Trent. 999 out of 1000 ref’s agree that is not a pen, yet they whine.

One good thing though. We’ve really found a passage into their heads. First Razana, now this. Could we hope for a total break-down?

Betting people should take notice. A 10’er on Chelsea next PL match?

To be fair to Pep, if I was on cheat mode on football manager spending a billion pound in 3 seasons and I was getting my arse handed to me by a manager that had a net spend of 70m in the same period i'd be pretty pissed off too.

A manager that has also been to successive champions League finals, winning one and beating me on the way to the first when that's my prime goal. 

Losing when you're cheating hurts. Makes you feel even more of a worthless fraud.

• Upvote 10

On 18/10/2019 at 22:15, Reckoner said:

Missed the best quote out from his boss

Omar Berrada, City’s chief operating officer, said that the tight turn-around brought the “sporting integrity of the league” into question on Thursday

Another name change for some clubs in the league. Heretofore, Manchester City will be known as Sporting Integrity FC, joining Everton, who long ago changed their identity to Moral High Ground FC.

Liverpool will be known as Doping and Ref Bribing FC.

Guest Pistonbroke

Not sure how serious to take them, loads of rumours on the various German sports sites claiming Bayern are interested in bringing the Bald Fraud back to Germany.