You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Man City - the new bitters?

Naz17

I had the misfortune of listening to Trevor Sinclair on talkshite this morning. I thought he was going to cry at one point.

Apparently the Premier league don't want certain teams in the league and want the top 20 biggest clubs in terms of attendances etc, so would rather have Sunderland, Leeds etc, and as they pay the refs they are leaning on them to try and influence games and bring this to fruition. 

2 minutes ago, manwiththestick said:

I had the misfortune of listening to Trevor Sinclair on talkshite this morning. I thought he was going to cry at one point.

Apparently the Premier league don't want certain teams in the league and want the top 20 biggest clubs in terms of attendances etc, so would rather have Sunderland, Leeds etc, and as they pay the refs they are leaning on them to try and influence games and bring this to fruition. 

So what's he complaining about then? Do city not sell more seats than Leeds? 

7 minutes ago, manwiththestick said:

Had the misfortune of meeting him on holiday in Barbados. Proper dickhead.

From an article by Barney Ronay on the weird little egg-head. I sniggered.

Why have City spent £230m on full-backs in Guardiola’s time without actually securing a pair of dominant, settled full-backs, to the extent they were dominated by Trent Alexander-Arnold and Andy Robertson, who cost a princely £7m combined?

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, Joey8FrogsLegs said:

Was thinking the same. The club should step forwards immediately and admit all our players are to blame for this, and state that we’ll accept a ban from international football until next summer. 

Yeah Trent rocking a retro 1990 Germany top and Joey Gomez with an Argentina Simeone jersey at the press conference saying that they are completely guilty of aggravating "razza" who is a complete gent and a role model to inner city youth and how for the good of the national team they need to take a break from it all.

4 hours ago, Anubis said:

He hasn’t been sent home. He’s still with the squad. He allegedly tried to grab Joe by the neck with his little T-Rex arms and hands.

Isn't he supposed to be heading up the anti racism movement?  Surely if someone wants to be taken seriously in a position of influence, that's the last thing he should be doing.

5 minutes ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

Isn't he supposed to be heading up the anti racism movement?  Surely if someone wants to be taken seriously in a position of influence, that's the last thing he should be doing.

Heading up movements is often no recommendation of quality.

For example, Trump heads up the USA movement.

2 minutes ago, skaro said:

Heading up movements is often no recommendation of quality.

For example, Trump heads up the USA movement.

People voted Trump in. Let that sink in for a moment. 

I loved this from the thread about the Gomez/Sterling clash which subsequently saw Sterling fucked off and dropped...

‘Only going to harm Gomez, Sterling could click his fingers if he was vindictive enough and have every Liverpool clogger in the side dropped instantly, he is England right now even ahead of Kane so it’s unwise to piss him off.‘

• Upvote 1