You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Man City - the new bitters?

Naz17

4 hours ago, INTORRESTING said:

That Blue Moon forum is crazy, you normally expect a few nutters and some kids spouting shit, but nearly every message about us is paranoid nonsense - hilarious!

How many conspiracy theories can you make up!

I'm not sure one should ever base the mind set of a fan base from internet forums, but there is a kernel of truth regarding city's avid supporters. Of those I know personally a cognitive dissonance has occurred where simultaneously they know the fossil fuel industry that supplies their club's artificially stupendous wealth is damaging our planet and the regime in control of them is utterly draconian and is utilising sports washing to the nth degree to absolve them of human rights abuses/a racial class system, but still they feel victimised and hark back to time where city where a put-upon smaller institution (instead of the rapacious behemoth of today).

I partially think this is down to the inherent bonds of loyalty and ties that people have with their football team whether that be through familial circumstance or childhood/adolescent attachment and how things that you always associate with being a fundamental 'good' in your life are difficult to let go or adjust to when they alter. (hyperbole/cod psychology warning) It is reminiscent of families who circle the wagons when one of their own has committed a heinous crime, there is a an avoidance of talking about it and an outward projection that occurs toward an 'other' combined with an inflation of the better aspects of the persons character. While City have played excellent football over the past few years ultimately their influence on the game (like Chelsea before them) is a corrosive one and as per usual our press have not really analysed that to any great degree*.

*the fact that the two most successful clubs in English football (Liverpool and Manchester United) greatest ever points total post between either of them has been exceeded by them on two occasions in the past 2 seasons should be something worth noting and should lead to conclusions being drawn or at least commented upon.

• Upvote 2

Just saw this on Bluemoon. 

"There are certainly a couple of posts on social media that you could say are basically a call to arms.

Our club should notify the PL that they are aware, and if the coach is attacked simply refuse to play the game due to lack of protection from the relevant authorities (i.e. Merseyside police)"

Looks like they are scared and I doubt it has anything to do with the bus.

2 minutes ago, Jordy Brouwer said:

Just saw this on Bluemoon. 

"There are certainly a couple of posts on social media that you could say are basically a call to arms.

Our club should notify the PL that they are aware, and if the coach is attacked simply refuse to play the game due to lack of protection from the relevant authorities (i.e. Merseyside police)"

Looks like they are scared and I doubt it has anything to do with the bus.

Today kids we will be learning how to contradict oneself. 

12 minutes ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

If he's a fraud, he's a fucking good one! As to whether or not to believe him on the keeper... probably not. It'll be pretty great if he is missing. Not that Bravo isn't very good, but Ederson's distribution is next level. 

The “baldfraudiola” was a reference to something Dave U said, blame him! Yeah it significantly hampers their ability to play out from the back. Christ I hope we really get stuck into them from the first minute, if we put them under intense pressure and the crowd is up for it, they could easily crack. 

Bluemoon is easily the most vile forum you could ever visit. I mean GOT is more comedy and Red Cafe is mostly fans who recognise they are shite and their two biggest rivals are top class. Bluemoon is on a different level though.

I hope we save the hostility for the match. Last thing we want is to give these fuckers an excuse if we beat them.