You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Man City - the new bitters?

Naz17

8 hours ago, Pistonbroke said:

Unless the baldy bastard invests heavily in defenders in January they won't be winning the CL. We all know if he is given the funds he'll probably buy even more midfielders. 

I dunno. Laporte is a good player. They own the ball a lot. We won the European cup with 2 full backs who play futher up the pitch than our midfielders and matip as the only defender next to vvd. A year ago, if anyone had said matip would go on the run he did, you'd think they were on drugs. If city get laporte back, they won't look a mess at the back and him with fernandinho would be a cracking combination imo. 

Pep's latest comments:

"My son and my daughter always when Liverpool win in the last minutes say Liverpool are lucky. I tell them not. What Liverpool has done this season and last season many times is because they have this incredible quality to fight until the end.

That’s why I said to my players - not just my son and daughter- that it is not lucky, Sometimes at 94' against Leicester with the penalty it was like ‘wow’. Even with that, the ref and the VAR said penalty. Maybe I was wrong to think it wasn’t a penalty."

This guy is really losing it.

1 hour ago, El Rojo said:

Pep almost retreating to 'I never said them things' territory.

Ferguson and Mourinho were good at the whole mind-games nonsense. This guy isn't. If he's got any sense he'll leave it off in future.

Well played Jurgen.

I find it hilarious, like you said ferguson and mourinho were good at the arl mind games, and getting under the skin of opposition mangers, pep is just doing it to himself without anybodies help. 

1 hour ago, Duff Man said:

"My son and my daughter always when Liverpool win in the last minutes say Liverpool are lucky"

Yep, that definitely happens.

I'd say it did. Imagine seeing your dad bashing his head of the kitchen table after his team has just won and he's muttering on about Mane and Klopp. A kid not knowing what to say would just say its lucky or cheating, anything to reassure the crazy man in front of them.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Duff Man said:

"My son and my daughter always when Liverpool win in the last minutes say Liverpool are lucky"

Yep, that definitely happens.

It definitely happened. Pep's son is also the Rangers fan that went up to Brendan in Glasgow and told him what a breath of fresh air he'd been for the city.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, sh#t waffle said:

It definitely happened. Pep's son is also the Rangers fan that went up to Brendan in Glasgow and told him what a breath of fresh air he'd been for the city.

And his daughter spent a day in Liverpool city centre and signed up to GoT to tell them all she seen  all day were the blue shirts of Everton.

13 hours ago, Barry Wom said:

I dunno. Laporte is a good player. They own the ball a lot. We won the European cup with 2 full backs who play futher up the pitch than our midfielders and matip as the only defender next to vvd. A year ago, if anyone had said matip would go on the run he did, you'd think they were on drugs. If city get laporte back, they won't look a mess at the back and him with fernandinho would be a cracking combination imo. 

I agree.

There's an desire not to acknowledge it here (for obvious reasons) but City are an absolutely brilliant side, probably the best in Europe. They will have a big chance of winning the CL, even the favourites, though there are going to be 16 teams in the knockouts so even the favourites are not going to be odds-on to win it.

They're even good enough that despite our brilliance if they win on Sunday and go three points behind us their quality is probably just about enough that you'd make them slight favourites for the league after that as well, despite us still being in the lead. 

Our chance to step on their neck and put it to bed is this week. They're a bit out of form, missing a crucial player in Laporte, and we have everyone mostly healthy (barring maybe Mo, who looks like the injury is taking a bit out of in recent weeks). Let's go out, swarm all over them, score twice in the first half, and then let Anfield carry our players through to the end. Let's finish them.

• Upvote 2

Guest Pistonbroke
18 hours ago, Barry Wom said:

They arguably had a better defence when ourselves and then Spurs dumped them out at the Q/F stages of the CL mate. They are also up against better managed and better defensive teams at that stage of the elite competition. They will always be fine going forward but when better organised teams put them under pressure they crack. Wolves did it them in the league already, they made Fermandinho look like the stand in CB he is. We'll learn a lot more on Sunday. 

There's an desire not to acknowledge it here (for obvious reasons) but City are an absolutely brilliant side, 

That’s not true at all.  Plenty of posters on here have acknowledged how good a side they are.

Guest Pistonbroke
19 minutes ago, Anubis said:

That’s not true at all.  Plenty of posters on here have acknowledged how good a side they are.

Indeed, just hate the bastards.

We are just as good imo, they just have a shit load more depth and quality outside the best 11's. 

The amount of injuries they have had this season has been a leveller though, we are seeing the result of this in the standings and who City have dropped points to so far this season. 

Well, Im not sure exactly how much Guardiola has spent since he's been at city. Call it £500m? Even ignoring the fact they'd already been champions a couple of times before he arrived and therefore had had tons of money spent on them, you'd expect them to be better than good as an absolute minimum.

Guest Pistonbroke
7 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

Well, Im not sure exactly how much Guardiola has spent since he's been at city. Call it £500m? Even ignoring the fact they'd already been champions a couple of times before he arrived and therefore had had tons of money spent on them, you'd expect them to be better than good as an absolute minimum.

He's spent something like 1.3 billion euros since he's been there, 513 million of that on defenders. 

Couldn't say how much they have received in sales. 

12 minutes ago, INTORRESTING said:

That Blue Moon forum is crazy, you normally expect a few nutters and some kids spouting shit, but nearly every message about us is paranoid nonsense - hilarious!

How many conspiracy theories can you make up!

It's worse than RAWK, GOT and Redcafe combined. It's almost comical how bad that forum and the people on it are.

1 hour ago, Red_or_Dead said:

That reminds me whatever happened to that weirdo @FanchesterCity

He always posted on here and even had a membership when we were lucky little Liverpool fighting for 4th place. He used to say nice stuff about us, patting us on the head saying what nice football we played.

As soon as we started getting in the top 4 and beat them a few times before winning no6 he completely disappeared. 

Bit like how Mourinho and Ferguson treated opposition managers.

• Upvote 6