You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Man City - the new bitters?

Naz17

There are many things I fear of missing out on in life, pure love, having children, fulfilling the purity of my dreams, but singing about rival fans suffering horrific brain injuries while a bunch of mercenaries fanny about like they are the second coming for scoring against Shakhtar Donetsk in a soulless half empty stadium is not one of them.

Is that the kind of thing they are looking for?

• Upvote 7

18 hours ago, dave u said:

I'm so old and out of touch these days that I have no idea what FOMO is.

Free of moral obligation.

Not enough are talking about it, so not sure it’ll catch on.

EDIT: I’m in AB for the next few days so I’m not talking about the lovely chaps that run this gaff, just in case, ya know, I’m being monitored.

• Upvote 1

On 23/10/2019 at 21:34, Chocoholic said:

An article regarding the influencers post last night

https://www.prweek.com/article/1663345/man-city-calls-influencers-build-hype-champions-league-home-games

The Premier League champions have run an ad on influencer marketing platform Tribe, asking for posts to "get across the great atmosphere of the Etihad".

The brief opens by admitting that Man City’s Champions League draw "has given us three relatively unknown teams" in Dynamo Zagreb, Shakhtar Donetsk and Atalanta, which means the club’s "core fans are less likely to attend".

The club would like to identify male students, young professionals and those new to Manchester (aged 18 to 55) to post content that can "tell an authentic and genuine story of what it’s like to be at a game".

To apply, influencers with at least 5,000 followers need to submit a shot that showcases "the electrifying atmosphere that only Champions League live football matches can deliver".

The content should be "fan-centric" and have "an element of FOMO". The club is asking influencers to set a fee for their work (see full Tribe ad below).

The influencer campaign is an unusual step by a club to drum up interest for the most prestigious club football competition in the world.

Other Premier League clubs in this year’s Champions League – Liverpool, Chelsea and Tottenham – usually sell out of tickets for their home fixtures minutes after sale periods open. City's next home fixture is against Atalanta this evening (22 October).

Man City's 'fake followers'

The campaign comes as new research shows the majority of Manchester City’s followers on social media channels are fake.

Analysis by Edinburgh-based social media agency Pilotfish Media estimates that 58 per cent of Man City’s 15 million Instagram followers and 33 per cent of its 7.2 million Twitter followers are fake – which in total amounts to about 50 per cent of followers across both platforms.

This was the third-highest proportion of fake followers among brands analysed. Nike had the highest portion of fake followers (61 per cent on Instagram; 28 per cent on Twitter), followed by Foot Locker (55 per cent on Instagram; 34 per cent on Twitter).

Beauty and fashion brands also scored highly for fake followers.

CityFakeFollowers.png

PRWeek has approached Manchester City for further comment about its influencer campaign and fake followers.

Manchester City's influencer brief on Tribe

image.png

It's so laughably pathetic. Those Instagram and Twitter follower numbers are still way off, after discounting the estimated numbers of fake followers. The sense of 'what can we do to to drum up support' clashes directly with their sense of entitlement of thinking they're bigger club than they are/

They need these shills 'to tell an authentic and genuine story' because the story that's being told by tv cameras and microphones of the 'electrifying atmosphere' at their matches is entirely damning.

#notjustanyclubbutahumanrightsabusesfundedclub

Lets hear what Rodney Marsh has to say about it:

Rodney Marsh Influencers Comments.m4a

Just popped over to Bluemoon as you do after a win to see how they're taking it.

In between a bunch of weird rants against the referee (most admit it was an obvious foul, but still, "why didn't we get one like that?") I found this, which wouldn't have sounded amiss coming from a Bloo:

Trojan1962 said: 
I think we are going to have to beat them home and away, very difficult with VAR and the officials

There is of course the other option that they just end up breaking down.

No Salad isn't exactly ripping up trees this season and limped off again today. Mane is the only one that looks to be playing at full capacity so far.

It takes its toll on players physically and psychologically when required to play week in, week out, week in, week out, week in, week out, week in, week out, week in, week out, (you get my drift?)

The other thing to remember although the broadcasting media will never mention it; is how happy are the rest of the Liverpool squad to just sit quietly on the bench and wait their turn?

I don't know any other players from any top flight clubs that would accept that like they do and nobody in the footballing fraternity would expect them to. Yet the laws of professional interpersonal dynamics dont appear to apply at Anfield.

Mmmm! Something doesn't sit right there if you ask me.

So, apparently our squad's unity and willingness to contribute off the bench is grounds for suspicion? Kloppo must be slipping something in the tea to make everyone happy, can't be that he's just a really charismatic person that everyone wants to be a part of what he's doing here.

40 minutes ago, Ne Moe Imya said:

Just popped over to Bluemoon as you do after a win to see how they're taking it.

In between a bunch of weird rants against the referee (most admit it was an obvious foul, but still, "why didn't we get one like that?") I found this, which wouldn't have sounded amiss coming from a Bloo:

So, apparently our squad's unity and willingness to contribute off the bench is grounds for suspicion? Kloppo must be slipping something in the tea to make everyone happy, can't be that he's just a really charismatic person that everyone wants to be a part of what he's doing here.

The sheer fucking gaul,audacity and complete lack of irony of it. City, who can throw mega money in wages to their entire squad, meaning they can have the most talented squad ever assembled, as players will sit on the bench earning millions, and he's claiming something is shady at ours? 

Fucking unbelievable. 

How many City players start for us? De Bruyne? None of their forwards get in our front 3. Or goalie. Or fullbacks. Fabinho starts every game for them. They haven't got a Henderson type player.... Mate and VVD start for them. Most talented squad assembled? Klopp has seen to that. 

11 hours ago, niallers said:

The sheer fucking gaul,audacity and complete lack of irony of it. City, who can throw mega money in wages to their entire squad, meaning they can have the most talented squad ever assembled, as players will sit on the bench earning millions, and he's claiming something is shady at ours? 

Fucking unbelievable. 

Theirs ist shady it's just immoral.

2 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

How many City players start for us? De Bruyne? None of their forwards get in our front 3. Or goalie. Or fullbacks. Fabinho starts every game for them. They haven't got a Henderson type player.... Mate and VVD start for them. Most talented squad assembled? Klopp has seen to that. 

I think all of their regular midfielders are better then ours, except Fabinho. 

• Upvote 1

I just love it that they all seriously think there's an official black ops to stop them winning the title \ the champions league \ world club cup etc, etc. If there really was such a thing, we deffo would have won the title last season. Mo's shot would have been given over the line, Sane's winner would have been ruled out.

I really dont recall this level of absurdity being spouted by us when Wimbledon won the cup final, when we lost that last league game in 1989 at home against arsenal or when palace beat us in that semi at Villa Park.

Goodness, all these fans, not just city fans, say we'd be unbearable if we win the title. Seriously, take a long hard look at yourselves.

• Upvote 1