You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Man City - the new bitters?

Naz17

8 minutes ago, dave u said:

Craig Pawson booked six City players on Sunday, two of them (Rodri included) for fouls made during the same Wolves counter attack.

Hopefully refs are getting wise to this at long last.

I thought that they would get at least one red card on.sunday the way they were racking up the yellows. Only a matter of time before Fernandinho gets one. Hopefully giving a last minute penalty away when he's the last man at Anfield.

35 minutes ago, dave u said:

Craig Pawson booked six City players on Sunday, two of them (Rodri included) for fouls made during the same Wolves counter attack.

Hopefully refs are getting wise to this at long last.

I fucking hope so. One thing that’s annoying me is how quickly refs are jumping on us for time wasting now when teams have done it to us for years with no consequences at all.

Trent got booked recently which was fair enough because it had been coming. Then Adrian got booked against Sheffield United for what to me seemed like the very first time he’d taken a bit longer with the goal kick. We’ve also had (possibly in the same game?) Firmino being subbed off and before he could even start walking the ref made him go off on the other side of the pitch and walk all the way round. That pissed me off no end. 

Edwin Van Der Sar used to take about 3 minutes to take a goal kick. He would always walk slowly towards the other side of the 6 yard box then take forever to kick the ball. He did it constantly in one of our games.

Always found it funny when Kuyt scored the first of his hat trick goals against him and he came flying out towards the linesman because he wanted it disallowed for offside. Like some horrible snidey little grass in school who goes running to the teachers. He even got a snide elbow into Kuyt as he ran past him.

6 hours ago, viRdjil said:

You’re just backtracking now. Who was it about then? Who else had reservations about Salah because of his failure at Chelsea?

Me. I didn't want him at all. It was more that he chose them over us to be honest. Glad he made me look stupid. 

9 hours ago, Captain Turdseye said:

We’ve also had (possibly in the same game?) Firmino being subbed off and before he could even start walking the ref made him go off on the other side of the pitch and walk all the way round. That pissed me off no end. 

One of the new rules brought in at the start of the season is that substituted players have to go off expeditiously and via the nearest touchline. I’ve seen it enforced in other games this season as well. Not just ours.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Anubis said:

One of the new rules brought in at the start of the season is that substituted players have to go off expeditiously and via the nearest touchline. I’ve seen it enforced in other games this season as well. Not just ours.

Ah, I didn’t know that. I haven’t watched many other games this year. Doesn’t mean I’m not gonna be outraged when it happens to us again. 

• Upvote 2

9 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

Me. I didn't want him at all. It was more that he chose them over us to be honest. Glad he made me look stupid

Think this gets lost in a lot of the pettiness when giving opinions on the reds.  Some people can be blatantly wrong *cough* cheerleader in chief *cough* but surely we're all happy to look stupid when it works out that way?

• Upvote 2

59 minutes ago, elBooth said:

Think this gets lost in a lot of the pettiness when giving opinions on the reds.  Some people can be blatantly wrong *cough* cheerleader in chief *cough* but surely we're all happy to look stupid when it works out that way?

Give up the tabs mate

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, elBooth said:

Speak for yourself.

4 hours ago, Captain Turdseye said:

Ah, I didn’t know that. I haven’t watched many other games this year. Doesn’t mean I’m not gonna be outraged when it happens to us again. 

There’s a video on BBC Sport website of some poor sap getting sent off with a second yellow card for not following these new guidelines.

Its the sort of rule referees really love. They can’t spot obvious leg-breaking tackles or blatant penalties but they are like a dog on snot on traffic warden shit like this and making sure subs aren’t an inch on the pitch before the original player passes them.

On 10/10/2019 at 17:05, VladimirIlyich said:

Ive been following football for twice as long as you,not that it matters much anyway,but David Silva is and always has been a top class player. Perhaps a bit underrated on these shores,I think.

I've been following football for nearly as long as the 2 of you put together and his snide cuntishness outweighs his talent for me.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Evelyn Tentions said:

I've been following football for nearly as long as the 2 of you put together and his snide cuntishness outweighs his talent for me.

Evelyn Tention knows. His fans look at his nice first touch and tidy short passes, and makes the assumption that he’s a fair player. He’s anything but.

On 10/10/2019 at 21:26, dave u said:

Both twats. Fuck them both. Bernardo is more snide but David can fuck off too.

I think all of the midfield and attacking greats in the PL have a little bit of snide in them. I'd say David Silva is a lot less snide than Bergkamp, Shearer, Gerrard, Keane, Scholes, Rooney, Vieira, Suarez etc though. Maybe Henry is the exception?

I'll give you Bernardo (or even Aguero), he's displayed more cuntishness in his short stint than D. Silva has to date.

18 minutes ago, lebron said:

I think all of the midfield and attacking greats in the PL have a little bit of snide in them. I'd say David Silva is a lot less snide than Bergkamp, Shearer, Gerrard, Keane, Scholes, Rooney, Vieira, Suarez etc though. Maybe Henry is the exception?

I'll give you Bernardo (or even Aguero), he's displayed more cuntishness in his short stint than D. Silva has to date.

Not to sure you'll find many Irish agreeing with the Henry shout. 

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, Grinch said:

Not to sure you'll find many Irish agreeing with the Henry shout. 

Thought about that, was thinking more along the lines of leaving your foot in... He was always pretty arrogant, but can't remember many other episodes where he caused a stir because of bad behaviour.

10 minutes ago, lebron said:

Thought about that, was thinking more along the lines of leaving your foot in... He was always pretty arrogant, but can't remember many other episodes where he caused a stir because of bad behaviour.

Only thing I ever hated him for was how easily he turned carragher inside out.  Must have been a nightmare playing against that team though.