You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Man City - the new bitters?

Naz17

24 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

Surely it is.  Otherwise someone is getting offended on his behalf. 

The fact you (or most people) wouldn’t do it, doesn’t mean it can’t be done.   

Sure, you're right. If I call my friend the n word and he's not offended but his mom overhears, she has no right to be upset. That's the problem of putting it on social media. Lots of people unfortunately "overhear". It's like morons like Bernardo Silva forget the internet is public. I'm not personally offended, but he's such an idiot and people have the right to be mad at him. 

16 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

Sure, you're right. If I call my friend the n word and he's not offended but his mom overhears, she has no right to be upset. That's the problem of putting it on social media. Lots of people unfortunately "overhear". It's like morons like Bernardo Silva forget the internet is public. I'm not personally offended, but he's such an idiot and people have the right to be mad at him. 

They have the right to do the fuck what they want. They shouldn’t be able to influence him though. 

Looks like The Times is going to keep running this story about our scouting department logging into city's scouting system in Monday's edition.

Apparently for a confidential 'agreement' to deem the matter closed, it's clearly been leaked by someone at city to cause damage to Liverpool. There are supposedly calls for the PL to investigate this further and take action.

We really are turning into naughty boys, arent we?

1 hour ago, SasaS said:

I don't know why you mentioned me in this, it is neither similar nor pertinent to any of the points I made in the other discussion.

Just interested to know if you’d be as outraged if City’s HR department decide to have a word with Bernardo here. Rico has predictably refused to answer my question unfort, but give us your thoughts please.

9 hours ago, viRdjil said:

Just interested to know if you’d be as outraged if City’s HR department decide to have a word with Bernardo here. Rico has predictably refused to answer my question unfort, but give us your thoughts please.

Since you ask, I don't have anything to go on except the image, if it is considered offensive and Bernardo Silva has shared it to racially offend (I guess implicitly) the other player then yes, but as I say, don't know anything about it and they are both not British, so between them, it may be slightly different rules. As it is happening in public, "banter" using racial stereotypes is a no-no (unless the recipient is from a competitor (historically or predominantly seen as) white nation like French German, Russian, American etc. then it seems to be fair game) If Mendy has a problem with it, absolutely.

Closer to what I was saying in the other thread would be if the other guy (Mendy? He's French, right?) may have adopted this character as his own "mascot" (let's say it's from a well known French comic strip or a cartoon) so B Silva is using it with the full knowledge the other player won't be offended, or if Mendy himself shared it and B Silva is now offended by how a black player is depicting himself and the HR stepped in to tell him he's not allowed to do it (Mendy, not BS). That would be, in my view ridiculous, although, it was public and they are footballers under the media spotlight and implicitly representing their club so again, different rules may apply.

• Upvote 1

"Honestly, I don’t know what will happen,” the City manager said. “They should put their focus on another issue because they don’t know which guy you are talking about. Bernardo is one of most lovely people I ever met in my life. He speaks four or five languages and that is the best way to understand how open-minded he is and one of his best friends is Mendy. He’s like a brother for him.

The image is not about the colour of the skin. He took a picture of Benjamin when he was young and he related it to this cartoon, which was quite similar for the image."

“Honestly, I don’t think what happened about that. If they want to do that and ask for Bernardo, I think he will be open to talk. But first you have to know exactly which person you are talking about.

There are many situations with people, with white people and you look at a cartoon and the face is quite similar as your face and you put it in there, it is quite similar."

Oh yeah bud, the likeness is uncanny.  I'm struggling to figure out which is the picture of the little boy and which is the picture that's drawn with historically stereotypical views of black people.

bernardo-silva.jpg