You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Man City - the new bitters?

Naz17

1 hour ago, viRdjil said:

I don’t think Klopp would’ve told them “no, don’t do it” if that’s what you’re asking. Fact that John Henry was willing to part with £1m does suggests to me that Klopp could’ve done more. Otherwise he would’ve just sacked the cunts.

My guess is it's absolutely nothing to do with klopp actually. I thought all the scouts work for Edwards. And I imagine nobody above Edwards has even the slightest interested in scouting . But I'm assuming (and could be very wrong) that's there's someone heads up scouting and they in turn report into Edwards. It could just be one fella who realised city left his access open after he left and told nobody. Or it could be something we've decided to do to get ahead of city and it was a deliberate choice by the scouting dept. As you mention, the fact we've been willing to part with £1m to make it go away suggests it doesn't look good for us as a club. But then henry is probably more used to wall st fines and might think this was a bargain for a bit of inside knowledge ! 

"Liverpool paid a £1 million settlement to Manchester City after their Premier League rivals made a complaint that their scouting system had been hacked into.

The confidential settlement took place in September 2013 after it was reported that City had employed computer-espionage experts to see if the system had been spied on.

The scandal would appear to be the biggest incident of alleged misbehaviour by one top-flight club to another in the Premier League’s history.

The settlement came a year after three former City scouts moved to Liverpool."

From 2013 but that won't stop the sensationalised headlines doing the rounds.  Not good but I think the lads above are correct, just change your passwords and you'll be sound haha.

8 hours ago, cloggypop said:

@lauraw97_: we hacked into city’s scouting system in september 2013 and then ahead of the 14/15 season we signed lambert, balotelli, markovic and manquillo. i think we’re the ones owed an apology and a settlement fee https://twitter.com/timessport/status/1175184476726599680

Threw them off the scent though, didn’t we?

BCED627A-FC45-41D3-9493-8A7595231734.gif

• Upvote 1