You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Man City - the new bitters?

Naz17

Aye, United losing out to Leeds having thought they were finally ending their own drought, before winning it the next year had some parallels in terms of pain overcome.

Obviously any similarities end with them having Aston fucking Villa and Norwich as competitors, rather than Galactic Empire FC.

• Upvote 4

13 hours ago, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

A lot of talk that City’s second team would finish top four, now one game does not a season make but their first team just lost to a Norwich side missing eight players.

I'm amused by the fact that they have a 4,250 mile round trip before a Saturday match against a Watford side who must fancy themselves a bit after the Arsenal game.

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, Lizzie Birdsworths Wrinkled Chopper said:

Leaving aside for a second the other stuff about them as a club and how it got assembled, City did incredibly as a squad of players to chase us down then carry on that run of endless wins under immense pressure to take the title. Fair play for that. Just about everyone associated with the sports side of the club congratulated them and gave credit where it was due.

It’s just too bad that what we took from the experience, and will be channeling into this season’s league campaign, is not dissimilar to our reaction to losing in Kiev by immediately focusing on winning it the next season. Maturation. They didn’t reel this season’s Liverpool side in from 10 points because this one is already a better side than that, in much the same way last season’s was than the previous year.

Indeed. City's players knew they had to win that game at the etihad to be able to retain the title. All their players said so after the game and yes, if they had drawn they'd have said the same thing.

Im firmly of the opinion we didnt think the same focused way. But the team is now very muched more focused. I think if the team were in the same position now, we'd have shut up shop and played out the draw instead of taking the game to them and conceeding. They'll use that experience from last season.

There’s an article by Daniel Taylor in the Grun accusing Guardiola of refusing to splash the cash over the summer and stockpile centerhalfs in the way they stockpile wings back and midfield skillknomes. Really, Daniel?

They spent the better part of £140m, like they do all the fucking time, and you’re accusing them of being prudent?

FUCK.ING.HELL

32 minutes ago, Barry Wom said:

I don't know what to think about that. It's funny we're even arsed about doing it and we could ... but ffs, what the fuck are they playing at doing that and secondly getting caught? 

They must have been ex city scouts we poached logging on to their database to harvest their data. Sackable offense IMO. Real small time.

22 minutes ago, viRdjil said:

They must have been ex city scouts we poached logging on to their database to harvest their data. Sackable offense IMO. Real small time.

That would seem likely. And absolutely is a sackable offence. I would like to know if this was something done by individuals acting on their own or if it was something that was supported at more senior levels. 

But, still funny it could be done! 

15 minutes ago, Barry Wom said:

That would seem likely. And absolutely is a sackable offence. I would like to know if this was something done by individuals acting on their own or if it was something that was supported at more senior levels. 

But, still funny it could be done! 

I don’t think Klopp would’ve told them “no, don’t do it” if that’s what you’re asking. Fact that John Henry was willing to part with £1m does suggests to me that Klopp could’ve done more. Otherwise he would’ve just sacked the cunts.