You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Man City - the new bitters?

Naz17

2 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

He did have a few assists too and carried a shit team for a while. He was talented while never really showed it other than at City. City were an awful side back then too.

It was a 2,3 year spell in a average career thats my point. He never pushed on and was never good enough to play for better teams. His career shows that, he couldn't hack t at Ajax and when he got a move back to England it was Derby. If it wasnt for the few good goals he scored nobody would remember him outiside of City fans. Tony Yeboah had far more impact on the league. 

Just now, Lee909 said:

It was a 2,3 year spell in a average career thats my point. He never pushed on and was never good enough to play for better teams. His career shows that, he couldn't hack t at Ajax and when he got a move back to England it was Derby. If it wasnt for the few good goals he scored nobody would remember him outiside of City fans. Tony Yeboah had far more impact on the league. 

Its impossible to state how shit City were then given how they are now but Kinkladze was talented He was probably over indulged by people around him and very indisciplined,I am guessing.

8 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

If Guardiola is such a good manager how come the rest of the world has been saying for years that they struggle when Kompany is injured but now he's retried completely this pensioner's bollock on legs hasn't replaced him?

Remember, they "couldn't afford" to buy anyone!

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

If Guardiola is such a good manager how come the rest of the world has been saying for years that they struggle when Kompany is injured but now he's retried completely this pensioner's bollock on legs hasn't replaced him?

He isn't.

Money is Man City's manager.

Guest Pistonbroke
29 minutes ago, General Dryness said:

They'll go out and get fleeced for about 50mil on an average CB in the January window. Not sure who like.

Or maybe's not. https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/man-city-transfer-news-january-16915736

I hate it how the media and certain fans wank over Guardiola. All he does is take over ready made clubs with money and buys even more ready made players regardless of the price. Have any players actually improved under his management? I also see the best young player in the World according to the Bible of Pep, failed to get on the pitch again. Ironically he'd have been a better option than the subs he used, big name players of course. 

Guest Pistonbroke
6 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

I’m not ready to gloat over their problems at CB just yet. Our season will change considerably if something similar happens to Virg. 

Obviously he'd be a huge loss, but I reckon we'd manage better than City. We have a way better manager and better back up. 

8 minutes ago, Pistonbroke said:

Obviously he'd be a huge loss, but I reckon we'd manage better than City. We have a way better manager and better back up. 

I disagree. It’s not just a matter of sliding another defender in there. Van Dijk wins virtually every challenge he makes. We’d give up loads more chances without him in the team. 

• Upvote 1

I think Gaurdiola is a really good manager don't get me wrong, but they've got some very serious flaws now he hasn't addressed. 

I think liverpool and Klopp came along at just the wrong time for city's business plan. 

They had the money and the influence but Chelsea proved you don't tap into a new generation of worldwide fans just by winning matches, you do it by winning in style. So what did they do? They brought in Mr Barcelona. Lest we forget the entire operation is an expensive PR drive for a medieval regime.

Sadly for them, Klopp and Sallah came along bolstered by an already established club reputation and started to.dominate city's 'market'.

If Liverpool play city in an American friendly what's the division of red and blue in the stands? How many kids around the world are wearing Sallah and Mane shirts compared to Sterling?

You can see therefore why they're rattled, their entire business model long term depended on them being the only game in town, they're not, and Gaurdiola is feeling it, that's why he'd going all a bit Hitler's bunker.

1 minute ago, Barry Wom said:

He's becoming as obsessed with us as a country road bloo. 

IMG-20190915-WA0000.jpg

When Mourinho was at Madrid, I have to admit the sheer magnitude of his cuntishness and my contempt for him blinded me to Guardiola. I just couldn’t see at all what a sour, churlish, passive aggressive, weird, entitled little princess the twat really is.

Contrasting him with Klopp and the way he refuses to get embroiled in any sniping with rivals is embarrassing.

Fucking helmet.

• Upvote 8

4 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

I disagree. It’s not just a matter of sliding another defender in there. Van Dijk wins virtually every challenge he makes. We’d give up loads more chances without him in the team. 

If he'd retired though and we didn't replace him, crying poverty despite being the richest club in the world and then proceeded to start the season with a slew of defensive errors, we'd be fucking furious and we'd be right to be. 

• Upvote 3

Guest Pistonbroke
5 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

I never said we wouldn't mate, I just think we could manage better than City missing their best defender. 

Just now, Lizzie Birdsworths Wrinkled Chopper said:

When Mourinho was at Madrid, I have to admit the sheer magnitude of his cuntishness and my contempt for him blinded me to Guardiola. I just couldn’t see at all what a sour, churlish, passive aggressive, weird, entitled little princess the twat really is.

Contrasting him with Klopp and the way he refuses to get embroiled in any sniping with rivals is embarrassing.

Fucking helmet.

Entitled little princess twat sums him up perfectly. 

• Upvote 2