You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Man City - the new bitters?

Naz17

36 minutes ago, an tha said:

I hate VAR and I'm convinced it will kill the game. As soon as the joy is taken out of goals (I didn't celebrate our 2nd on weds night as I was waiting for var to get involved), then what's the point of going the game? But what is hilarious about that thread, except for one or two on there, this is not their issue. They seem to think it's a conspiracy against them! Wtf! While that handball rule is bollox and I hate the freeze frame shite on offside, according to the rules today, var got the decisions correct. I don't understand what the fuck is wrong with people. They're a state run club, who seem immune to ffp rules and they think the authorities are against them? 

1 minute ago, Barry Wom said:

I hate VAR and I'm convinced it will kill the game. As soon as the joy is taken out of goals (I didn't celebrate our 2nd on weds night as I was waiting for var to get involved), then what's the point of going the game? But what is hilarious about that thread, except for one or two on there, this is not their issue. They seem to think it's a conspiracy against them! Wtf! While that handball rule is bollox and I hate the freeze frame shite on offside, according to the rules today, var for the decisions correct. I don't understand what the fuck is wrong with people. Their a state run club, who seem immune to ffp rules and they think the authorities are against them? 

They've become so spoiled that they can't cope with things when they go against them.

I have a City supporting mate -  a lad from Stalybridge, he is a good lad followed them when they were in 3rd division and he is sound.

I was talking to him on whatsapp earlier about comments made about LFC on bluemong - he nailed it when he said:

"That’s utterly embarrassing. You know me mate and would love to introduce to to some of the lads to show that the non social media spanner’s are just lads who like a beer. Beyond the unnecessary words from someone who probably a child, this paranoia needs to stop. This PL being set up for Liverpool is fucking weird.  Look at the last six games or so! How can they sort fixtures like that if everyone against us! Just weird. 

Our fan base can do my tree in at times. We sound like spoilt brats who don’t get our own way at times. Yesterday was harsh but I would take a draw at home to spurs! Last time we drew our first home match we went ok to get 100 points! And it’s one of the big 4 games against you and spurs done as those are the worries 

Another thing didn’t like yesterday- “have you ever seen spurs win the league”... fuck off with chants like that - that’s rag behaviour and everything that we used to despise! We used to get it sang at us and thought arrogance by people who confuse history and success as being interlinked. A lot are becoming everything we hated 

But on the reverse a lot of blues are genuinely sound!"

4 minutes ago, an tha said:

They've become so spoiled that they can't cope with things when they go against them.

I have a City supporting mate -  a lad from Stalybridge, he is a good lad followed them when they were in 3rd division and he is sound.

I was talking to him on whatsapp earlier about comments made about LFC on bluemong - he nailed it when he said:

"That’s utterly embarrassing. You know me mate and would love to introduce to to some of the lads to show that the non social media spanner’s are just lads who like a beer. Beyond the unnecessary words from someone who probably a child, this paranoia needs to stop. This PL being set up for Liverpool is fucking weird.  Look at the last six games or so! How can they sort fixtures like that if everyone against us! Just weird. 

Our fan base can do my tree in at times. We sound like spoilt brats who don’t get our own way at times. Yesterday was harsh but I would take a draw at home to spurs! Last time we drew our first home match we went ok to get 100 points! And it’s one of the big 4 games against you and spurs done as those are the worries 

Another thing didn’t like yesterday- “have you ever seen spurs win the league”... fuck off with chants like that - that’s rag behaviour and everything that we used to despise! We used to get it sang at us and thought arrogance by people who confuse history and success as being interlinked. A lot are becoming everything we hated 

Fucking hell, that's some WhatsApp!

I know four City fans, mainly through work, and with the exception of one of them, the others think us and united will have rules bent, officials selected to be biased, and any manner of skullduggery used to favour us in an effort to maintain our exalted positions as cash generators for the Premier League and UEFA and to stop City going ahead to dominate Europe and the Prem.

The fourth lad doesn’t like how they’re being run these days, used to go to home games regularly but stopped when Guardiola was appointed as he felt, rightly or wrongly, that Pellegrini was doing an ok job.

The other three, as far as I’m aware, haven’t been to a City game and couldn’t explain why this was so when I pointed out they don’t always sell out their games.

I suspect many posters on their fan sites are similarly committed to the cause.

1 hour ago, an tha said:

I was living in Vegas at the time of both take overs and formally decent blokes became absolute bellends over night, especially around the ADG takeover. I remember one particular idiot telling me they were buying Messi to be a mentor to all the youth in their youth teams, idiots to a man. The old Maine Rd/Kipax crowd were great, but anything that came after the Gallagers were tossers who rode on the coattails of a band whilst Goater shanked another in to the car park.

If your mate remembers a guy telling any city fan that they need to apply for licenses to speak about football then our paths crossed. It became unbearable and just soured the air as they’ve never had the opportunity to enjoy real success and now it’s given to then in bucketloads and they have no idea how to enjoy it, or even if they should. They all know it’s artifice and it fucking kills them, but like any Manc you gotta front it out.

1 hour ago, Pistonbroke said:

When you read shit like that you realise why in General the World is fucked. 

I used to go on there for a laugh but there are so many vile cunts it's sickening the stuff they say about us. Some Horrible cunts. I hate them and their oil money club. Cunts. 

2 hours ago, an tha said:

"That was the season my son was born mate!! they were brilliant days, we were shit but it was a proper laugh & a day out watching city, now its feeling like its us against the world/ fifa/ uefa/ var"

J.K.-Simmons-Laugh.gif

2 hours ago, an tha said:
Sorry not picking on you specifically but why do so many in our fan base have this attitude?

I just don't understand the mentality; all the time I hear "we just have to accept it" why do we just have to accept the cheating and corruption!?
Even more frustrating is the we had our chances so shouldn't have mattered brigade and the evens itself out over a season - it's just nonsense!

It matters, being cheated is wrong, being cheated is not acceptable, referees and VAR manipulating results is wrong; we should not just take this!
Come on City expose this corruption, let's fight back to a man!
The irony within this post was lost on the deluded fans.

I thought VAR was right 

The ball deflected off the arm of the City player closer to Sane who scored . No deflection he doesn’t pick up the ball and score . May well be harsh from the perspective of the old rule but it was correct according to the new one. Moan about the rule by all means but fuck off with all this “we were cheated “ shite

Guest Pistonbroke

I see dickhead Murphy sprang to City's defence.

Speaking on Match of the Day, Danny Murphy was scathing in his assessment of the decision.

"The new handball rule is ridiculous," he said. "That should never on any playing field anywhere in the world be disallowed.

"It wouldn't even be seen if we didn't have VAR."

He chats some bollocks. 

“I think we dignify this sport, we dignify the people who pay to watch us and see how honest we are – to play for the people,”

This was taken from his post match yesterday.

I don’t even know where to start, does he genuinely believe this nonsense or has he recently had a huge blow to the head? ‘Dignify’ what the fuck? ‘People who pay to watch us’? Who? They never sell out and always do handouts for free or heavily subsidised. These are the two points that no fucker in their right mind would claim, or associate, with them, so why say it, unless he’s been told to channel that specific corporate message.

I can’t wait until this house of cards crumbles and they are back playing Shrewsbury.